Your latest CC Purchase?

On 2/17/2022 at 9:46 AM, RDB said:

I have the same box code, and mine are clearly overfilled. I’ve punched five or six, and almost all of them are unacceptably tight.

Ive purchased 3 boxes of these from different sources, at different times. A 14, a 16 and an 18 box. All three are the most overfilled cigars I've ever owned. Rock solid from tip to tail. 

All three are beautiful and smell wonderful, but they are un smokable, even with a Perfect draw. Ive tried several from each box, but I just ended up boring a hole down the middle of the cigar, while the remaining tobacco around the outer edges is still so densely packed that no smoke makes its way through. THey just tunnel, then split as the tobacco warms up. 

I love most Monte's but these are the three most disappointing boxes I've ever bought. A complete waste of wonderful tobacco. 

On 2/20/2022 at 10:15 AM, Monterey said:

All boxes, including boxes sold on the island are frozen.

No. HSA freezes the cigars before they are exported. Tabacuba/Cubatabaco doesn't freeze anything them selves. HSA isnt the distributor for Cuba, so cigars that stay on the island never hit their warehouse. 

EVERYTHING picked up on the island should be frozen before you mix it with your regular stock. Ive seen plenty of beetle affected cigars in LCDHs on the island.

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

12 minutes ago, Corylax18 said:

No. HSA freezes the cigars before they are exported. Tabacuba/Cubatabaco doesn't freeze anything them selves. HSA isnt the distributor for Cuba, so cigars that stay on the island never hit their warehouse. 

EVERYTHING picked up on the island should be frozen before you mix it with your regular stock. Ive seen plenty of beetle affected cigars in LCDHs on the island.

Sorry, this has been recently dis-proven.  If I get a moment, I'll find the article and message you with it.  It has also been discussed at length here.  All non-customs are frozen.

Even though all boxes (on island and export) are frozen, I agree with on the need for freezing.  Mixing customs in the stores that aren't frozen with the frozen boxes leads to cross contamination.   So in a way, it is almost pointless that they freeze boxes on the island. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Drguano said:

Another chilly morning made warmer withe the arrival of a couple of lovely fragrant boxes. Montecristo No.2 PTG MAY 21 and Ramone Allones Specially Selected UMR MAR 22…

Looks like a wonderful mail day! 

3 hours ago, Monterey said:

Sorry, this has been recently dis-proven.  If I get a moment, I'll find the article and message you with it.  It has also been discussed at length here.  All non-customs are frozen.

Even though all boxes (on island and export) are frozen, I agree with on the need for freezing.  Mixing customs in the stores that aren't frozen with the frozen boxes leads to cross contamination.   So in a way, it is almost pointless that they freeze boxes on the island. 

Dis-proven as in someone has seen the freezers and documented the process? Or dis-proven as in someone heard something from somebody who has a relative in the industry, who heard something from their boss? 

I've seen too many swiss cheese looking boxes in Havana LCDHs to believe that they actually do it. I havent been down there for over 2 years, but they sure werent freezing them before then. 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2022 at 10:15 AM, Monterey said:

All boxes, including boxes sold on the island are frozen.

True, but due to iffy storage (with customs) in some shops might be worth freezing those again.

Edit: oops missed the post where you said this!

15 hours ago, Corylax18 said:

Ive purchased 3 boxes of these from different sources, at different times. A 14, a 16 and an 18 box. All three are the most overfilled cigars I've ever owned. Rock solid from tip to tail. 

I've got two boxes.  A 19 and a 20. I'm currently smoking out of the 19 box and so far so good, and the 20 don't look bad either.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bijan said:

I've got two boxes.  A 19 and a 20. I'm currently smoking out of the 19 box and so far so good, and the 20 don't look bad either.

Lucky You! All of mine look wonderful, near perfect. But they just wont smoke. I've smoked great ones before, but got very unlucky with the full box purchases. Do you want to trade some of my plugged ones for your good ones? Maybe you can start a new thread, @corylax18's plugged cigars? Haha. 

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Bijan said:

True, but due to iffy storage (with customs) in some shops might be worth freezing those again.

Edit: oops missed the post where you said this!

Yeah, anyone who has been to Cuba can look at the store conditions and easily say "I'm going to be refreezing my boxes!"  The conditions are horrible at some of them.  Melia Habana is the worst of the bunch.  In part because the distance from the outside door to the "sometimes closed" humidor is like 10 feet.  Always so warm and humid in the humidor.  Not to mention the customs which are like 2 feet from the outside elements! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hrs1 said:

Monte 1s & Mag 50s

These photos of Monte 1's make me regret not pulling the trigger on those ones up in 24:24 two days ago. I am a sucker for a good lonsdale/cervantes, and those look absolutely gorgeous. 

The Mag 50s remind me that I wanted to add a box of 46s soon. Gorgeous haul, @hrs1!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/22/2022 at 6:13 PM, Monterey said:

Yeah, anyone who has been to Cuba can look at the store conditions and easily say "I'm going to be refreezing my boxes!"  The conditions are horrible at some of them.  Melia Habana is the worst of the bunch. 

I bought a box of Monte #1's there and could literally squeeze water out of them! Hot and 95% humidity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Heels82 said:

Partagas SE2 - TUA SEP '21

Sheesh, about time u posted a good lookin’ box…was beginning to think your vendor was ‘Sus’….learned that one from my 16 yr old lol. 

kidding only (maybe?), nice looking box for sure! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, gormag38 said:

Small haul. The P2’s in particular look great.

Haven’t seen much of the ART code from the E2s, anyone have any experience with this one??

Those are gorgeous looking!

On 2/26/2022 at 5:56 AM, Heels82 said:

They are on fleek, fo sho.  😂

They’re the bomb!

• Thanks 1