Any pilots out there?

More lessons per week are better, as others have said here.  Also, if you can immediately move on to the instrument rating that's a good thing too.

The only thing I'd add that I've not read in the prior posts is this: take a lot of intro flights.  Most schools offer a cheapie 20-30 minute ride with an instructor and I'd do as many of those as possible until you find the CFI that's the right fit for you.  The fit between teacher and student is a very individual thing, and a CFI that you connect with, rather than struggle with, can make a big difference.

As an example, my primary flight instructor was known for talking "too much."  You might hate that, but it worked great for me; and partly the reason he was such a motor mouth was because he never touched the controls; he focused on talking you through every maneuver.  That worked well for me but not might be your style.  So, I think it's worth taking a few intro flights with different instructors until you find the right one.

2 hours ago, PapaDisco said:

More lessons per week are better, as others have said here.  Also, if you can immediately move on to the instrument rating that's a good thing too.

The only thing I'd add that I've not read in the prior posts is this: take a lot of intro flights.  Most schools offer a cheapie 20-30 minute ride with an instructor and I'd do as many of those as possible until you find the CFI that's the right fit for you.  The fit between teacher and student is a very individual thing, and a CFI that you connect with, rather than struggle with, can make a big difference.

As an example, my primary flight instructor was known for talking "too much."  You might hate that, but it worked great for me; and partly the reason he was such a motor mouth was because he never touched the controls; he focused on talking you through every maneuver.  That worked well for me but not might be your style.  So, I think it's worth taking a few intro flights with different instructors until you find the right one.

Unfortunately it's a coin toss. I live/work in Afghanistan so I can only do this on my scheduled leave dates. As such, I only have 15/16 days, though every single day of that I have planned to be flying with the instructor. He said for sure 2 flights/day, and will do 3 if I want or if possible. I searched for a couple weeks until I found one I felt was competent but who knows. I guess I can only hope for the best. If I don't get it this time, I'll have to come back and finish up in June. I know I'm not doing things the traditional way, but it's the best way I know how. Any other advice for me?