Which of these would you smoke at your own wedding?

Behike 54

Talisman

1966 2011 EL

Gran Reserva Epi 2

CoRo Reserva

I ask because these are some of the better ones I have just siting in my humidor and I haven't felt compelled to light any of them up yet. Trying to pick a cigar or two for my wedding weekend in July and I want it to be a memorable one.

5 minutes ago, Chibearsv said:

Agree 100% - I brought a box of Esplendidos to my daughters wedding and found out what a mistake that was.  I didn't have the requisite time to enjoy one and the drunken guests were pulling them out of the box like they were White Owls.  At the end of the night found 15 or so laying around that were 1/4 smoked, what a waste.  You've got to decide when and where you're going to get 2 hours to sit and enjoy without being asked to get up and do something.  Then fire up whichever one you like the best. 

The problem with "special occasion" cigars in my opinion is that most of those occasions don't allow the time to enjoy a really good smoke.  I've learned that the special occasion is the cigar even if it's on a weekday evening on the back patio.

10000% agree with you. Poor esplêndidos :( That would have royally pissed me off. Great point enjoy special ocassion smokes not during special occasions! 

• Like 1

Oh I do not plan at all to be anywhere near smoke on the day of. There will be no time whatsoever and I can't sit around smoking while I have a hundred people to entertain.

I plan to have it towards the end of the night the evening before. 

• Like 2

A lot of issues have already been brought up but want to say one other thing. Is the wedding inside or outdoors. If inside, is smoking allowed?  Your soon to be wife will be pissed if guests are all sitting outside smoking cigars for 1-2 hours and not in with the party.  Now, I did have a cigar bar at my wedding in Jamaica but it was outdoors with no restrictions of where or what was being smoked.  I provided a box of NCs that were good but did not break the bank.  I did that knowing a lot of guests either wouldn’t appreciate a fine CC and that many would just light one up, have a few puffs and then toss.   I was so busy running from guest to guest and enjoying the evening that I never had time to light up my own stick but would steal a puff here and there from one of my groomsmen. Overall, it was a big hit at the party but just know it’s really for the guests and not you.  Save the special stick for the calm after the storm the following week when you can enjoy it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Head83 said:

A lot of issues have already been brought up but want to say one other thing. Is the wedding inside or outdoors. If inside, is smoking allowed?  Your soon to be wife will be pissed if guests are all sitting outside smoking cigars for 1-2 hours and not in with the party.  Now, I did have a cigar bar at my wedding in Jamaica but it was outdoors with no restrictions of where or what was being smoked.  I provided a box of NCs that were good but did not break the bank.  I did that knowing a lot of guests either wouldn’t appreciate a fine CC and that many would just light one up, have a few puffs and then toss.   I was so busy running from guest to guest and enjoying the evening that I never had time to light up my own stick but would steal a puff here and there from one of my groomsmen. Overall, it was a big hit at the party but just know it’s really for the guests and not you.  Save the special stick for the calm after the storm the following week when you can enjoy it. 

I really only mean that I want to smoke something spectacular to remember the wedding time period. I may even save this for the honeymoon which will happen immediately afterwards.

Yea the wedding is indoors so no one will be going outside to do anything but smoke cigarettes if at all. I also don't let my parents know I smoke cigars and my fiancé hates the smell haha.

I'd smoke the best in a less frenetic atmosphere....rehearsal dinner, morning round of golf on wedding day with your besties. Or on your honeymoon when you can sit back and reflect a bit. I'd smoke Monte 2, CoRo etc on wedding night because it's fabulous and doesn't require contemplation to really appreciate.  Also, I've seen way too many fancy cigars 1/4 smoked sitting in ashtrays....nothing more depressing. 

• Like 1

I would smoke something special which you have multiple sticks of. Your wedding will fly quickly and you’ll probably only have time to eat a few bites of food and have a couple drinks. You’re going to be constantly busy talking to guests, dancing (even if you don’t want to there’s usually the dance with your wife/mother). So my advice is smoke something great for the special occasion but don’t be surprised if you’ll have to relight a couple times and be too distracted to focus on flavors. 

don’t let your cigar be the most memorable thing about your wedding or you’ll pay dearly for the REST OF YOUR SHORT LIFE. 

• Haha 1

My vote is none of them. You’ll need time to pay attention to each of these and that level of availability isn’t possible at a wedding. ...unless of course it’s a reception with the boys and you can focus, then, any of them! Carpe Diem!

I agree with the guys that say don't smoke your best stuff the day of the wedding. You won't enjoy it and it will be a waste. I think I had a montie regular production that day and good thing I did I was pulled in so many directions the cigar went out many times.

I woke up the morning of my wedding, blinked, and it was 11 at night.  Although I had planned to enjoy a cigar, there was just no time to do so.  Cant imagine anyone else's wedding would be different.  

Smoke something nice the day before and the day after. Your last cigar as a single man and your first as a married man. That should make for a memorable experience regardless of the cigars you choose. The key is to make sure you have sufficient time to relax and take in the moment. 

• Like 1

I took a box of Monte 4 for our wedding and then had a couple of my own favourites in my jacket for me (Partagas P2 and an R&J Wide Churchill). Quite a few of our guests enjoyed a cigar, but time was also quite tight so the Montecristo seemed to hit the spot.

I would bring a Cohiba Exquisito, Panatela, or an EDRM Demi Tasse.  They're excellent cigars, and they're quick enough that you'd actually have a decent chance to sit and enjoy one from start to finish.  You could even tuck a 5 pack in your jacket pocket, bc you may find yourself getting multiple small windows of time, meaning you could enjoy a couple of small cigars rather than lighting up one of your unicorns there.  I agree with others that it's better to enjoy a rare smoke when you'll enjoy it most & be able to give it the respect it deserves.  And poor @Chibearsv 'S story made me cringe lol!  My cousin got married in late 2018, and my uncle laid out 2 boxes of cigars for guests.  I decided to hold off on lighting up one till after I ate dinner, and when I went out to get one, they were all gone.  I looked around, and every ashtray on the patio was loaded with cigars with less than inch burnt.  And these were just reg NC's, nothing like Esplendidos status, and that hurt to see lol.  So I can't imagine coming out and seeing a pile of $30-40 cigars disrespected like that????

• Like 1