Denver Herf

In the past year or so I have spoken with a couple Colorado based members about meeting up for a cigar. I know Colorado is well represented on the forum so I thought I would throw this out to the masses. Below I tagged all of the people that I believe are in Colorado, but I'm sure there's more. Feel free to jump in if you are local/interested. I am on the south side of Denver, The Robusto Room/Stogies and Bogies is my go to lounge, but we have plenty of good options in the area. I know we have guys as far south as Colorado Springs and as far north as Westminster. 

@fabes

@VKUTT

@Shelby07

@mtd057

@BoliDan

@dominattorney

• Like 1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only had time for a siglo II but it was a great 70 minutes. Had some rare and amazing balvenie from @mtd057. Outstanding stuff. Also for the Caribbean Cask. Enjoying as dram right now.

My first herf was a lot of fun - great cigars, whisky and company.  Looking forward to the next one!

I don't get a chance to get out much, I have to be home to put the little one to bed and try to spend the weekends with my wife for QT because we don't get a chance to go out much since he was born (and she hates smoke). In the event I ever could make it, I'm South East (Evans and Monaco-ish), so those spots you mentioned are close.  

I visited Denver once years ago and went to Capital cigars. Was a nice lounge and the folks there seemed friendly. One of employees there was on the CA cigar forums, but they have since been eliminated. 

7 hours ago, NYgarman said:

I visited Denver once years ago and went to Capital cigars. Was a nice lounge and the folks there seemed friendly. One of employees there was on the CA cigar forums, but they have since been eliminated. 

Capitol has gone down hill a bit in the last few years, but its still a great option if you are down town. But Churchills, at the Brown Palace is always my choice if I'm in that area. The food, drinks and ambiance are all several steps above Capitol. 

7 hours ago, BoliDan said:

I don't get a chance to get out much, I have to be home to put the little one to bed and try to spend the weekends with my wife for QT because we don't get a chance to go out much since he was born (and she hates smoke). In the event I ever could make it, I'm South East (Evans and Monaco-ish), so those spots you mentioned are close.  

Wow! Small world, I live at Yosemite and Hampden, so maybe a couple miles from? No kids for me, so I'm free most Saturdays and Sundays before noon. Definitely let me/us know if you could sneak away for a couple hours one weekend in the next month or so. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cayman17 said:

I might be visiting Denver the week of the 27th for work. But it would be a weeknight. I’ve only been to Churchills at the Brown Palace but I enjoyed it. 

I'll be in Ohio that week for work, but Churchill's is still great, Capitol Cigar is a good option too.  

• Thanks 1

Cigars on 6th and Churchill's were my two spots when I lived in Denver, but I lived in City Park West. They can be tough to get to from the surrounding area. Moved away a few years ago, but those were great places to smoke.

• Like 1

I get to Denver once or twice a year.

My son lives near Athmar Park and we're bound to be visiting in the Spring. Keep me posted on the dates.

I also know a few other Habanophiles in the area we could include.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fabes said:

Just now seeing this message, but I’ll do what I can to make it to a herf. Always a good time chilling with @Corylax18 and would love to meet up with some more CO folk! Would be cool to plan something when @Habana Mike is around. 

Or I'll plan something when y'all figure out a date! May plan the entire trip around it!

• Like 3

On 1/17/2020 at 12:07 PM, Corylax18 said:

I'll be in Ohio that week for work, but Churchill's is still great, Capitol Cigar is a good option too.  

I'm in Boise. I like big weekend roadtrips, though. Let me know when you end up getting a date picked out. If i can get down there that day, that'd be fun.

• Like 2

It would be great if we could get @Habana Mike and @cfc1016 involved too. TO give you guys some time to plan, I'm thinking late February maybe? How does the weekend of February 22nd/23rd look for everybody?

It seems like most of us are towards the south end of town, so once we get a date locked in, I can talk to Janette/Peter at Stogies and Bogies about getting an area reserved for us.

1 hour ago, Corylax18 said:

It would be great if we could get @Habana Mike and @cfc1016 involved too. TO give you guys some time to plan, I'm thinking late February maybe? How does the weekend of February 22nd/23rd look for everybody?

It seems like most of us are towards the south end of town, so once we get a date locked in, I can talk to Janette/Peter at Stogies and Bogies about getting an area reserved for us.

22nd or 23rd work for me

• Like 1

Doubt we'll make this one. Maybe of you put together another in the Spring. Let's coordinate.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Corylax18 said:

Don't worry about my schedule for planning purposes. I don't keep one. I work when I need to work. I play when I can afford to play. Just lemme know when you guys set a date, and I'll see if the finances work out. Sounds like a fun excuse for a roadtrip.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bensava29 said:

I’m in Arvada but can make it pretty much anywhere with enough notice. Great idea! Thank you-Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome. At this point we're tentatively looking at Stogies and Bogies on February 22nd. But I'll wait for a few more people to respond before we lock that in. 

12 hours ago, BoliDan said:

22nd works for me. Thats my birthday week, and hit the 4-0.

Sweet! What kinda cake do you like?

12 hours ago, Habana Mike said:

Doubt we'll make this one. Maybe of you put together another in the Spring. Let's coordinate.

I PM'd you. 

2 hours ago, cfc1016 said:

Don't worry about my schedule for planning purposes. I don't keep one. I work when I need to work. I play when I can afford to play. Just lemme know when you guys set a date, and I'll see if the finances work out. Sounds like a fun excuse for a roadtrip.

See above, we have a tentative date/location, I'll give everybody a few more days to see/respond before we look it in though. 

• Like 1

I'm an easy flight away and love Colorado, let me know about future endeavors. Currently have an academy in full swing, and a Caribbean trip in April but only work 10 days a month!

• Like 1