Bolivar Churchill (Tubo) Mid 1980's (BRW)

I wonder what this cigar would retail at vs a Behike or GR. This sounds like you found the holy grail. I look at what some people pay per stick ($120+) on aged stock and this seems like it was worth it. Great review brother 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bri Fi said:

I wonder what this cigar would retail at vs a Behike or GR. This sounds like you found the holy grail. I look at what some people pay per stick ($120+) on aged stock and this seems like it was worth it. Great review brother 

I think they are currently selling in the auctions around £60 to 70 when they come up.    I sold on a box and some Especial tubos from the same date recently, (not being able to justify keeping smoking them versus value), but on the basis of this cigar......I made a big mistake....one of my very few sale regrets

42 minutes ago, mtd057 said:

Wonderfully descriptive review!  Do you have any more and can I have one?

Ha they say..."you don't,  ask you don't get".....but sadly in this case the reverse is also true.  I did until recently, but stupidly moved them on.  now we are both without  ?

Just now, Derboesekoenig said:

Yeah the better question is, where do you get these? Seems like the auctions I've seen don't ship to the states.

I'm a UK member,  For the negatives that we have with terrible B&M prices.......there are other benefits ?

23 hours ago, 99call said:

The age of attention deficit disorder, and a populist palate that wants everything to taste like salted caramel.

This ^, plus chocolate...:whistle: flavours I tend to not be seeking in my cigars.

Thanks for the very nice review.

32 minutes ago, cfc1016 said:

Thanks for that trip down memory lane. The pre-strain-change bolis were absolutely superb. I think you've perfectly echoed why I find modern bbfs to be such an utter disappointment.

I'm sure they will have many fans these days,  but even as early as 2008 you can see a big power shift, and the boli line getting more and more soft, easy and chocolately.  A real shame.  Partagas Maduro no 1 is doing this job, it doesen't have to be replicated numerous times across the catalogue, and especially not by their flagship vitola.