Purchasing advice

Big cigar trip coming up:

providing boxes are good I will purchase royal coronas, soberanos, Connie 1

now hesitating between one box of la fuerza or for the same price one box each of upmann pc and vigia. 
open to any suggestions to any other great regular production smokes or even more boxes of soberanos, what would u guys advise me?

39 minutes ago, dan benhamou said:

now hesitating between one box of la fuerza or for the same price one box each of upmann pc and vigia. 
open to any suggestions to any other great regular production smokes or even more boxes of soberanos, what would u guys advise me?

Upmann PC is no longer made.

Get all of them! One can never have too many cigars if you smoke them. If you are going to cuba and buying in cuba, grab freshies so the bugs havent got much of a head start on ya. Asking us what you should buy is like asking us if you should order Coke or Pepsi. Put some prices, pics, and box codes to those vitolas and you will get guidance to what the best deal is if the mods allow it... any suggestions without that info is purely subjective to the person responding. Just because they taste hay and honey surely doesnt mean you will.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mikeltee said:

Get all of them! One can never have too many cigars if you smoke them. If you are going to cuba and buying in cuba, grab freshies so the bugs havent got much of a head start on ya. Asking us what you should buy is like asking us if you should order Coke or Pepsi. Put some prices, pics, and box codes to those vitolas and you will get guidance to what the best deal is if the mods allow it... any suggestions without that info is purely subjective to the person responding. Just because they taste hay and honey surely doesnt mean you will.

You’re very right I’m just interested to hear opinions on tasty regular production stuff I haven’t thought of that maybe hasn’t sprung to mind 

1 hour ago, dan benhamou said:

I have a way of getting them

Buy as many boxes as you can then. <moderated>

Edited by Fuzz
Said boxes could be sold here.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lotusguy said:

Get Upmann PC only and make a killing on the resale ;)

Unfortunately that goes on way too much. There are not that many levels below a scalper in my book. Holding on to them for 5 years and adding 25% is fine and I support that considering I have no age stock of my own. "Flipping" sticks is just dirty....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dan benhamou said:

Best advice recieved 

Cigars are cheaper today than tomorrow. The later you buy the later you get to smoke it because it's not aged enough! 

6 hours ago, dan benhamou said:

Make a list of the items you’d like with prices from the YUL cigar guide. Buy what you find from the list until your money is depleted. Supply is very cyclical so have a long list and do not get focused on only a couple items. 

44 minutes ago, La_Tigre said:

Make a list of the items you’d like with prices from the YUL cigar guide. Buy what you find from the list until your money is depleted. Supply is very cyclical so have a long list and do not get focused on only a couple items. 

I don't think he's going to Cuba, as he has HUPC and Soberanos on that list

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mikeltee said:

Unfortunately that goes on way too much. There are not that many levels below a scalper in my book. Holding on to them for 5 years and adding 25% is fine and I support that considering I have no age stock of my own. "Flipping" sticks is just dirty....

Dirty? How about guys flipping Rolex stainless steel Daytona watches for 100% profit? Or flipping Pappy Van Winkle bourbon for over 2K USD per bottle? Or fix up houses to flip for profit? Welcome to capitalism. Cigars are no different. 

• Like 3

On 1/23/2020 at 3:25 PM, NYgarman said:

Dirty? How about guys flipping Rolex stainless steel Daytona watches for 100% profit? Or flipping Pappy Van Winkle bourbon for over 2K USD per bottle? Or fix up houses to flip for profit? Welcome to capitalism. Cigars are no different. 

To me it depends on the context.  Combing the 24:24 for flips, for instance, does seem pretty dirty, considering the fact that it immediately and tangibly deprives somebody else in the community of the opportunity to get their hands on something they've been looking forward to enjoying (and it's not as though we don't expect it to happen and prepare accordingly, but it does kind of seem to go against the 'spirit of FoH').  On the other hand, picking up some retail boxes and selling them for a marginal profit to people who are desperate to get their hands on them doesn't seem as bad to me for whatever reason.  It's a matter of honor.  I think the issue is an expectation that members of the cigar community should at least try to be fair to one another, not a fundamental state of denial regarding the capitalist system.  Idealistic?  Probably, but I think we create our own universe, and if we strive to hold ourselves to certain standards we can simultaneously imagine that others out there will as well.  These little subcultures are the last vestige of brotherhood in a me-first world.  They're obviously no match for capitalism, but they can surely rail against it.

Flipping PVW for 2K also seems kind of dirty IMHO, but you're right--It's the world we live in.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, NYgarman said:

Yep absolute POS. Get a real job! Do you know what flipping houses is? Buying a POS house for cheap and working your tail off to fix it. Nothing like those money for nothing scum bags you also mention. I put them in the same category as those guys that need to be seperated when serving time because they get that "special" treatment. Everything is returned 10 fold. They will get their some day....

1 hour ago, Mikeltee said:

Yep absolute POS. Get a real job! Do you know what flipping houses is? Buying a POS house for cheap and working your tail off to fix it. Nothing like those money for nothing scum bags you also mention. I put them in the same category as those guys that need to be seperated when serving time because they get that "special" treatment. Everything is returned 10 fold. They will get their some day....

Perhaps? Who knows. ?

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

What we need is regulation. 

Just because it's legal, doesn't make it right!! We need specific laws determining what people can and cannot do. We need specific laws on pricing that determine maximum profit margins. 

It is not good enough that people can just ignore the offerings. People are too stupid. We need to protect the people. 

We haven't even mentioned the children. WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN!!!!

Regulate now before we all perish!!!

:D

image.gif.957e60cdc2bedb93f585fc3c646ffaaf.gif

• Haha 2