Hello from San Francisco

zuhaib

Hey!
Figure I make an intro post, I already made my first post in the new CC post but hey better to say hi now then never. So I guess a bit about me, I am in San Francisco. I am born and raised here, which is getting rarer. Tho I am a bit lucky I got into Computer Software, so it helps to stay here. As for cigars, my first real introduction to cigars was Cuban cigars. My uncle was working in the web 1.0 bubble and, for his 40th birthday, had some hookup ship him Cuban Cigars.

I was way underage (like 15 at the time), but he gave me a cigar to smoke and at that moment, I knew this was something I could enjoy. As I got older, I would find myself with a cigar from time to time but never had a collection for myself. I once tried with a cheap humidor that could never keep humidity right and ended up frustrating me so much I threw it out during a move. I figured its a hobby I enjoy when I can find a good cigar lounge to smoke at.  It also helped that my wife enjoys smoking cigar, so for us it was an event to go out.  She is not smoking much recently as we are expecting our 2nd. Well, on a recent trip to London, I was at the cigar shop at Harrods and decided to pick up a Perla sample of Cuban cigars. I remember reading about tuppedors and figured let's give that a try again. Once back home, I smoke some of the samples, and I quickly was brought back to the time I had my first Cuban cigar and remember why I loved cigars so much. How that I have a working "humidor" I can finally buy boxes and not worry that they will taste like shit in a few months. I have been adding slowly single sticks I pick up locally and just recently got a box of 15 Cohiba Robustos. Going to wait a few days and then light one up, but I am excited to grow my collection.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, UnionCityCubano said:

Welcome. Left the Bay Area like three years ago and I miss it sooo much. I lived in Concord, CA the wife worked at Oakland Children Hospital and I worked in SFO for some time. what's your fav Cuban?

Really the two I like right now are Cohiba as I had them in the sampler and Rafael González.  I had the Montecristo No. 5 in the sample pack and did not care for it much. Maybe I will revisit them again.

Where at SFO you worked? My uncle and cousin worked for United at SFO for a long time (Uncle is retried now, Cousin moved).

6 hours ago, zuhaib said:

Really the two I like right now are Cohiba as I had them in the sampler and Rafael González.  I had the Montecristo No. 5 in the sample pack and did not care for it much. Maybe I will revisit them again.

Where at SFO you worked? My uncle and cousin worked for United at SFO for a long time (Uncle is retried now, Cousin moved).

CG Airbase behind the Airport.