Cuba trip

Bill Hayes

1 minute ago, westg said:

Awesome Bill.I loved his cigars when we where there as well. I think his customs are the best. Nice little cosy bar hey ?

Yeah, loved the bar. I asked him about his customs and before I knew it he had lit up a big one for me and gave me a coffee. Didn't bring any back unfortunately because of the taxes in Aus.

5 minutes ago, Bill Hayes said:

Yeah, loved the bar. I asked him about his customs and before I knew it he had lit up a big one for me and gave me a coffee. Didn't bring any back unfortunately because of the taxes in Aus.

Ah, you should have! Even with tax, it works out to be less than AUD15-20 a cigar, depending on the size.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bill Hayes said:

Had a week in Havana over Christmas. Eventually found Reynaldo Gonzalez and got some of his customs to smoke on the trip. Very smooth tobacco. He said it was aged for 5 years from Pinar Del Rio. Smoked one in his store with a coffee. I found his big 6 X 60 needed a bit of dry boxing so I got a handful of his lanceros which were very good. No harsh edges. Leather and barnyard. A bit like Bolivar. One dimensional but a great dimension. Just did the touristy things while we were there and stayed at the La Manzana Kempinsky. There were a lot of tourists about and very different to my last trip in 2002 with more bars and restaurants. Enjoyed a great New Year's Eve at the Buena Vista Social Club where a selection of the old members of the band entertained us.

IMG_4977.JPG

IMG_4979.JPG

Why is it every picture you see of people smoking a cigar in Cuba they are smiling ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Reynaldo’s Lancero are excellent and he is a wonderful host.

That being said I cannot get away from Alex’s Double Lancero and Dalias!! Alex and the crew at Comodoro are boss! We usually spend half a day there when we go!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...