What's up for the weekend"

Australia Day Weekend in Oz  (public holiday Monday) so it's all about getting together with family and friends, hitting the pool or beach, lighting the BBQ, throwing on the lamb and getting slightly cut.  :cigar:

It has been a tough start to 2020 in Oz and hopefully this Oz day weekend can somewhat put a line under the tragedy that has befallen so many here to date. Our thoughts and support are with them. 

To all the Aussies...Happy Australia Day :spotlight:

To all members....let us know what you are up to this weekend!

• Like 2

Friday is one of my days off and I’m going to a tattoo convention to try and get a tattoo from a famous east coast artist. Crossing my fingers to be able to get my daughters name. Saturday a birthday party in Laguna Beach. Sunday a birthday party at a trampoline park for kids. 

• Like 2

A frantic cleaning of the house before the lady comes back from a week visiting family. Cigars, documentaries (my forbidden TV indulgence), and video games have filled my evenings this week so now it’s time to bang out the honey-do list ?

• Haha 1

Smoking Halfwheel's #1 cigar for 2019 and contemplating a counter offer for a job I was offered.20200123_204242.thumb.jpg.65597e9f00e70be38177a937d5bff681.jpg

Not a bad smoke given its price point and NC origin...#1? I think the Epernay 10th Anniversary D'Aosta edges this out but it's good nonetheless. Nuts, lots of cedar, pepper on the fringes, cream and slight floral sweetness in the retrohale. 

• Like 1

Clean up the house.  Been putting that off for too long. Catch up on some sleep.  Probably do some painting on some Warhammer minis and meet up with some friends and get a game or two of 40k in.

Might even sneak a cigar in on Sunday.  Supposed to be 34 (not Celsius lol) in Fargo. That's downright balmy weather.

Just getting ready to head to Colorado for a bachelor party. We will be skiing at Keystone, drinking a bunch, hopefully smoking a few cigars. It should be a great time.

• Like 1

Golfing looks to be in order after a month off. Weather's gotten warmer, should be 13-15 C. 

• Like 1

Karate with the kids this afternoon. My 14 and 16 year old are on bowstaffs and nunchucks now. They're as tall as me and we have arguments. That'll end well.

Rugby tomorrow. Weather's going to be crap, I'll sit in the car and do a Spanish lesson.

Neighbours Reg and Dave coming over for dinner tomorrow night. At 6:30 pm so Reg can have a good stab at it. Must hide the decent wine.

Sometime between all that I'll finally get around to throwing the Christmas tree over the neighbour's wall.

• Haha 1

Played poker at my neighbors house last night (no smoking) ?, glad I fired up a couple strong ones beforehand.  It was an interesting game since one of the players works for the largest marijuana grower in the state and he brought edible samples; very clever since he didn't partake, but almost everyone else did.  Lots of laughs and easy pickins at that table.  Today is the usual Saturday trip to the racetrack to try to hit the pick 6 at Gulfstream, followed by dinner at the nearby Sushi restaurant for dinner with the Mrs.  Finally on Sunday, shoveling snow, an hour or so at the driving range, and then hunkering down in the garage to watch warm weather on TV (golf) and have cigars du jour.  

• Like 1

On 1/24/2020 at 6:34 AM, rckymtn22 said:

Finishing my weekend working the bushfires in south NSW before making my way back up to Sydney on the 27th to fly back to Canada on the 29th. My first ever Australia Day in the country! Not sure I will get to see much of it though as I will be working all day. Any of the Sydney gang that are willing to meet the evening of the 27 or 28th let me know.

Godspeed. 

Had friday off so I spent the whole day animating a short film I’m working on. It’s a passion project of mine that I spend most of my nights on putting together. My son spent the whole saturday at my mother so we (me and my girlfriend) went out for dinner and drinks. Now I’m packing my camera gear for a couple of hours of night shots and after that I’ll try and squeeze in some more hours of animation.

• Like 1