Impact of the new Coronavirus where you are?

8 hours ago, Habana Mike said:

I heard Jacksonville FL in the US are opening their beaches... Expecting another spike 2-3 weeks from now.

Perhaps that's part of the plan to try to build herd immunity.

My in laws live near JAX beach. They drove by yesterday (did not stop). Said the parking lots were nearly full at the beach. Crazy. It’s like they stay home for a few weeks and poof it’s gone. 

spanish fly lasted for what, over a year. The second wave was deadlier than WWI. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The impact of coronavirus where I am?   Hmm.  Where to begin.  Last weekend, when I left the hospital on Friday night, we had 9 cases in our ICU.  When I came in on Monday, the ICU was completely

Might be irreverent after I posted the currently existing horror scenarios back on page 1 and 2 of this thread on January 30th - ages ago in this fast developing news circle. So, to end my commen

I’m ready, come what may...  

12 hours ago, Habana Mike said:

I heard Jacksonville FL in the US are opening their beaches... Expecting another spike 2-3 weeks from now.

Perhaps that's part of the plan to try to build herd immunity.

People never learn.  Apparently Boris Johnson, is on record as saying the character (in JAWS) he thought was the true hero, was the Governor, who kept the beaches open, whilst dead kids were washing up.  Charming. 

original.jpg

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, 99call said:

People never learn.  Apparently Boris Johnson, is on record as saying the character (in JAWS) he thought was the true hero, was the Governor, who kept the beaches open, whilst dead kids were washing up.  Charming. 

original.jpg

To be fair, and I don't defend politicians very often, he did say it back in 2006!

"The real hero of Jaws is the mayor".

"A gigantic fish is eating all your constituents and he decides to keep the beaches open.

"OK, in that instance he was actually wrong. But in principle, we need more politicians like the mayor-- we are often the only obstacle against all the nonsense which is really a massive conspiracy against the taxpayer".

I think it's important in normal times, but especially now when there's so much personal expectation and investment in what people see online to try and make sure stuff posted is accurate and/or in context.

To be fair too, as long as people stayed on the beach and didn't go into the water then they would have been fine and dandy having an ice cream and waving two fingers up at Sharky :D

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, CaptainQuintero said:

"The real hero of Jaws is the mayor".

"A gigantic fish is eating all your constituents and he decides to keep the beaches open.

"OK, in that instance he was actually wrong. But in principle, we need more politicians like the mayor-- we are often the only obstacle against all the nonsense which is really a massive conspiracy against the taxpayer".

I never attempted to suggest when or where he said, it. I have no interest in that. For me the very fact he chose (out of a multitude of options) that the Mayor was his hero.  Lord knows what he must think of the film American Psycho. wall to wall role models in that. 

In the film Jaws, you do not get a sense (from the Mayor)  that deep down he's a good guy, rather one who is sceptical of science, and concerned about standing, ego, and appearances. 

It's interesting in Boris's own words he contradicts himself, "in that instance he was actually wrong, But in principle, we need more politicians like the Mayor"   Oh right!!?? yes of course that makes sense.  So as a politician, you formulate your principle, regardless of the facts, and then when you fail, you ruffle your hair back stage,  shuffle out, and go "Ah......yes.....well    errrr! yes, well.......it seems that although we in principle, did the right thing......well.......errr.. unfortunately....the Shark......did actually exist...and sadly some bathers, have indeed died.       This of course..... all terribly, terribly sad"

To be honest I find it vomit inducing him talking about conspiracy,  when his puppet master is out there, printing off NHS headed leaflets, and simulating fact checker twitter accounts/websites. 

The have a feeling Boris himself, would dive in the water and go around biting members of the British public, if it meant holding on to power. 

49 minutes ago, Stogiepuffer said:

If this is true, you don't know what to believe..

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I have seen this before, and I think she is trying to put a spin on what the CDC was trying to say.

The COVID 19 death toll is currently underestimated because many people who it has killed have not been tested.  There are many times the cause of death is listed based on symptomatology with no definitive test.  A test has never been a requirement for “cause of death” before, so why are we treating this disease differently? 

If someone clutches their chest, complaining of a sharp pain down their arm and it feels like an elephant is sitting on their chest, and they die before the EMTs get there, it is fine to list “myocardial infarction” (heart attack) as the cause of death.  Too many doctors have been hesitant to do that with COVID-19 without a test, even if all the symptoms pointed to that.  

For example, here in COVID-ravaged NJ, 17 people were found dead in one nursing home.  Does it really matter if they are tested, or is it enough to say, “Hey, this has never happened before.  COVID-19 causes old people to stop breathing and die very quickly.  We can assume that this nursing home had a COVID-19 outbreak.”

Look, there is a very easy way to check if the numbers are accurate.  Just take the number of deaths for the average month, and subtract the number of deaths for that month this year.  The average death rate NYC mid-March through mid-April was 13,000 deaths higher, than the same time period in any recent year.  And dont forget, the shooting deaths, motor vehicle deaths, etc, were all lower than other years because of the shutdown.  This means at 10,000, the COVID-19 deaths are being grossly underestimated.  The CDC is trying to get a more accurate count.  But the political forces are doing what they can to make this attempt out to be nefarious in nature.

• Like 3

If this is true, you don't know what to believe..

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

This doctor has a hell of an agenda. She is pro life and talks about the holy spirit in an interview about covid. I have no problem with a religious doctor but if you are using it in your profession there is definitely a conflict of interest.

I think she may well be in someones pocket. I would not trust her over the 99 percent of doctors who contradict her.

See this interview here https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.globalresearch.ca/covid-19-death-certificates-being-manipulated-dr-annie-bukacek/5709836/amp

If anything deaths are under reported, as many deaths at home are not being added to the figures. Hence why deaths have been revised up in many places once there is a chance to add these deaths outside of hospital.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

you've met a politician that wouldn't?

Gladly I've never actually met a politician,  full face mask and gloves would be standard for such an occasion.    But I do hold out hope for decent people,  they rarely ever get to power, as they are not adept in the art of back stabbing. and selling out. 

As for the Mayor of Amity Island, if he had anything about him, he would of gotten right on the blower to China, ordered 200.000 plastic Shark toys, and got Captain Quint to run cage tours........of course ......however.........in a bigger boat!

• Like 1

On 4/16/2020 at 10:51 PM, Ken Gargett said:

yeah, i think we might have crossed into little-green-aliens-are-behind-this territory

I think, given the facts, it is plausible this was an accidental release form that lab.  The wet market in question does not sell bats, the first few victims did not come in contact with bats, and that lab had been for a decade publishing papers on collecting corona viruses from bats to study.  Additionally, just like with the USSR with Chernobyl, their actions could be explained as a coverup to prevent embarrassment.   A deliberate release I think is tin foil hat stuff, but a accidental release needs to be considered.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kitchen said:

I think, given the facts, it is plausible this was an accidental release form that lab.  The wet market in question does not sell bats, the first few victims did not come in contact with bats, and that lab had been for a decade publishing papers on collecting corona viruses from bats to study.  Additionally, just like with the USSR with Chernobyl, their actions could be explained as a coverup to prevent embarrassment.   A deliberate release I think is tin foil hat stuff, but a accidental release needs to be considered.  

Accidental release in a BSL 4 containment lab , if operating with correct protocols highly unlikely. Deliberate release would be about the only way from a proper BSL 4  containment lab. 

No idea the conditions within the Wuhan lab but have heard talk of deficiencies.   

7 minutes ago, helix said:

Accidental release in a BSL 4 containment lab , if operating with correct protocols highly unlikely. Deliberate release would be about the only way from a proper BSL 4  containment lab. 

No idea the conditions within the Wuhan lab but have heard talk of deficiencies.   

That would be the reason for the embarrassment.  I've heard the analogy it would be like giving a car to a child and then watching it crash.  

Those labs were an attempt to prove that they could compete with, or be better then, the West with virology.  A scandal like this would greatly destroy any trust with them.  

Additionally, if this virus really did come from a wet market, wouldn't you think they would shut them down?  But China has not.  

I would bet on a accidental release from someone whom was infected and thought to be okay, given the  extremely long incubation period.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kitchen said:

That would be the reason for the embarrassment.  I've heard the analogy it would be like giving a car to a child and then watching it crash.  

Those labs were an attempt to prove that they could compete with, or be better then, the West with virology.  A scandal like this would greatly destroy any trust with them.  

Additionally, if this virus really did come from a wet market, wouldn't you think they would shut them down?  But China has not.  

I would bet on a accidental release from someone whom was infected and thought to be okay, given the  extremely long incubation period.  

That is realistic , certainly could be what had happened. 

28 minutes ago, Kitchen said:

I have been to plenty of "wet markets" throughout China and Asia + the Pacific Islands.  

They are simply markets and have existed since man began to trade. They won't be shutting them anytime soon. Proper regulation of  animals sold however is an achievable outcome if there was a will. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

I have been to plenty of "wet markets" throughout China and Asia + the Pacific Islands.  

They are simply markets and have existed since man began to trade. They won't be shutting them anytime soon. Proper regulation of  animals sold however is an achievable outcome if there was a will. 

toss in africa and the markets there. 

i agree they are not shutting down any time soon. i do not agree that regulation is likely to be achieved. think of africa. every little village has a market or two, bigger towns more. you mention asia and the islands. ditto. and they sell whatever they have caught.

people fighting the illegal wildlife trade have fought these markets for years and got nowhere. it simply isn't happening. i'm sure they will shut down or control some of the bigger ones but they'll spring up elsewhere. 

10 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

toss in africa and the markets there. 

i agree they are not shutting down any time soon. i do not agree that regulation is likely to be achieved. think of africa. every little village has a market or two, bigger towns more. you mention asia and the islands. ditto. and they sell whatever they have caught.

people fighting the illegal wildlife trade have fought these markets for years and got nowhere. it simply isn't happening. i'm sure they will shut down or control some of the bigger ones but they'll spring up elsewhere. 

I would agree with this with any other country then China.  Watch the documentary One Child Nation, and you'll be amazed and out right disgusted by China's authoritarian control over the country.  If they wanted them shut down, they would be shut down.  

2 minutes ago, Kitchen said:

I would agree with this with any other country then China.  Watch the documentary One Child Nation, and you'll be amazed and out right disgusted by China's authoritarian control over the country.  If they wanted them shut down, they would be shut down.  

sorry, i meant to mention china as a possible exception but forgot. yes, they would have a chance. 

29 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

Wet markets, labs, whatever....aren’t scary viruses just part of our fate as humans?  Think about all the pandemics over time.  Sure, we try to learn and adapt from previous experiences, but the viruses are constantly adapting too.  We just try to dodge the bullets as best we can, yeah?  We are just spinning around the sun for a few decades, enjoying wonderful cigars so smoke ‘em if you got ‘em!

- Wheezy

• Thanks 1

Oh and since there seems to be a few very knowledgeable USA folks here, what do you make of the JH charts? I have watched very little news as of late(usually watch a fair bit) and used to check the JH chart many times a day. I now am staying away from it all, just due to the fact, it was really starting to effect me in a bad way.

Looking at the chart tonight after not looking since Friday, the USA seems to be getting almost out of control. Is this the case? Yes they have done 3.8 mil tests,  , but they are up to 759,000 infections? I don't see the  amount of tests done elsewhere, nor do I really wish to dig through all the bad news to try and find them. Does not look good.....They look to be on par with france by rough estimate?

12 minutes ago, BellevilleMXZ said:

Bit of a touchy weekend here, Daughter who works at a local long term home(with no cases yet thankfully) for the aged, came down with a bad cough/slight breathing problem on sat.morn at work 

Immediately left and got tested. As she works where she does, rushed test confirmed negative late today. Thankfully is feeling better , with only slight cough persisting. Stay safe folks!!

Glad to hear she didn't test positive. Especially given the population she is dealing with!

• Thanks 1