Impact of the new Coronavirus where you are?

How’s everyone doing? Business is Bangin here in South Dakota. Black Hills has had loads of tourists since May. Lot of people from different states buying houses while here on vacation. Been business as usual since the start of this thing. I think we’ll see a boom here even if the rest of the country takes it in the shorts. Nearby base is undergoing major expansion. 

• Like 1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The impact of coronavirus where I am?   Hmm.  Where to begin.  Last weekend, when I left the hospital on Friday night, we had 9 cases in our ICU.  When I came in on Monday, the ICU was completely

Might be irreverent after I posted the currently existing horror scenarios back on page 1 and 2 of this thread on January 30th - ages ago in this fast developing news circle. So, to end my commen

I’m ready, come what may...  

Our business is doing great. Global, cloud-based and adding huge value to analytics. We provided the C19 dataset to any customer at no charge live/realtime.

Georgia is struggling a bit though as one of the red zones.

We'll get through this, just not sure what the world will look like then.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Fosgate said:

How’s everyone doing? Business is Bangin here in South Dakota. Black Hills has had loads of tourists since May. Lot of people from different states buying houses while here on vacation. Been business as usual since the start of this thing. I think we’ll see a boom here even if the rest of the country takes it in the shorts. Nearby base is undergoing major expansion. 

Sioux Falls South Dakota is pretty much normal as well.  Been going to our local cigar bar twice a week.  Was there last night, had live music and it was packed inside and out.  Business is booming all over the city.

I still can't get in to my office where I have thousands of sticks in several tupperdors. My key card doesn't work unless the board approves me to go in... Im about to purposfully break my work laptop just so they say I need an emergency replacement.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Everything went smoothely until alt-right winged protestant zealots and selfish doctors illegaly held protest on the Independence Day despite of government's warning (15th of August is Independence Day of Korea). This hellish agony begins from when two judges bailed Jeon Kwang-hoon out and doctors announced a no-time-limit strike to save their a$% ?. It resulted 200+ cases nationwide and ended up being increasing social distancing restrictions as well as considering 3rd level of social distancing, which is similar to lockdown. Will let you know more details on Zoom next week, but I can tell that Jeon Kwang-hoon and the doctors already crossed the line for sure.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-southkorea/south-korea-covid-19-infections-in-full-swing-after-protest-outbreak-idUSKCN25G05C

Everything went smoothely until alt-right winged protestant zealots and selfish doctors illegaly held protest on the Independence Day despite of government's warning (15th of August is Independence Day of Korea). This hellish agony begins from when two judges bailed Jeon Kwang-hoon out and doctors announced a no-time-limit strike to save their a$% . It resulted 200+ cases nationwide and ended up being increasing social distancing restrictions as well as considering 3rd level of social distancing, which is similar to lockdown. Will let you know more details on Zoom next week, but I can tell that Jeon Kwang-hoon and the doctors already crossed the line for sure.
 https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-southkorea/south-korea-covid-19-infections-in-full-swing-after-protest-outbreak-idUSKCN25G05C

I miss the days when dumb people only hurt themselves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, PaulPower said:

I miss the days when dumb people only hurt themselves

Much agreed! The 5G related conspiracy theroy is worshiped by dumb people in my country too. Man, the doctors' strike already caused some devastating case (some folk endend up being vegetative state, since he coulnd't get surgery due to no-time-limit strike) and still holding people's health as hostages for their greed and privilege, which made all folks dead upset for sure. Even medical students are doing exact same dumb thing as well ?.

For most of protestants in Korea, they insist worship in their churches despite of COVID-19 risk and government's guidlines. This made me even more believe that they only care for money and support from alt-right factions (prosecutor is always charter for them) while most of folks are suffering from COVID-19 real hard.

40 minutes ago, mi000ke said:

We were staying on Grand Cayman Island when they closed the border in early March to keep out the virus.  Still stranded here.  The government cracked down pretty hard -  total lockdown for several weeks - but they got the virus under control, and we've been essentially virus free for about 6 weeks.  Yesterday they removed all distancing and mask requirements and stores, bars, restaurants, etc are open.   But  the border will remain closed until they think it's safe to let tourists return.  Meanwhile I'm stuck here smoking a cigar every night on a Caribbean beach.  It's a living hell, I tell you.  

This is where I'm forced to smoke....

1266175965_caymanbeachchairs.thumb.jpg.4dfab07176ca02f57e9b53ebb36d51ae.jpg

Damn! Helluva place to have to quarantine...

Grans Cayman's nice, though a bit pricey with the exchange rate. We've spent a few times there on vacation, business, and layovers back and forth to Havana. Beautiful beaches, fantastic restaurants and a couple of decent tobacconists.

I imagine George Town is quite quiet without the cruise traffic. Always avoided it over the long weekends.

Somewhat reminds me of the time we were vacationing on Eleuthera in the Bahamas. Single airstrip, two flights a day on and out. One AA and the other Pan Am.

Probably dating myself. We flew Pan Am down. They went bankrupt and quit flying down mid-week. No way home.

Kelly's mum's travel agent friend that booked the trip was too damn efficient and managed to get us a flight back on AA a day after our initial return. If I'd booked the trip myself we might still be there!

Enjoy your quarantine!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 8/26/2020 at 9:53 PM, mi000ke said:

We were staying on Grand Cayman Island when they closed the border in early March to keep out the virus.  Still stranded here.  The government cracked down pretty hard -  total lockdown for several weeks - but they got the virus under control, and we've been essentially virus free for about 6 weeks.  Yesterday they removed all distancing and mask requirements and stores, bars, restaurants, etc are open.   But  the border will remain closed until they think it's safe to let tourists return.  Meanwhile I'm stuck here smoking a cigar every night on a Caribbean beach.  It's a living hell, I tell you.  

This is where I'm forced to smoke....

1266175965_caymanbeachchairs.thumb.jpg.4dfab07176ca02f57e9b53ebb36d51ae.jpg

Man, that’s gotta get expensive. I trust you are independently wealthy?

Y’all make it home yet?

• 1 year later...
On 10/5/2020 at 11:45 PM, La_Tigre said:

Man, that’s gotta get expensive. I trust you are independently wealthy?

Y’all make it home yet?

Ha Ha. What started out as a 6-week stay ended up being 20 months!  Just got back a couple of months ago.  Borders there still closed but opening next month and commercial air flights about to begin.  We finally got on a government sponsored "repatriation" flight back to the US.  Even living on a covid-free (for most of the time we were there) Caribbean island, smoking great cigars on the beach each night, diving, swimming, eating great food and (as a hobby musician) getting to gig weekly with a local jazz band, we finally decided we needed return home to see our kids and to  make sure our house was still standing.  But now that winter is approaching, we're going back in January. I'm not enjoying my back yard gar in 50 degree weather.

• Like 1