Book of Mormon - The Play

Ken Gargett

wondering if many on the forum have seen it?

saw it last night. had no idea what to expect. and it was very different to what i might have envisioned. but i loved it. and one of those shows that got better the longer it went. granted perhaps not likely to be part of the curriculum at sunday school, but very funny. and fun. 

• Like 2

I’d jump on it if it ever came to Maui. 

In my tenure as head of harvesting at Maui Pinapple Company years ago, we always had to rely on imported labor programs during peak season (every summer). One such program in the 90’s was Youth Development Enterprises, a Mormon-based company in Utah that recruited mostly “troubled” kids to spend their summer in Hawaii picking Pineapple...a challenging, labor-intensive situation most were not prepared for. As their “boss”,  it was equally challenging. An interesting social experiment for sure, and one I will never forget. 

46 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

is there another version?

Book of Mormon was written by the guys who created South Park. There is a South Park episode, "All About Mormons", that is about the origins of the Mormon religion. Both poke fun at Mormons.

3 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Book of Mormon was written by the guys who created South Park. There is a South Park episode, "All About Mormons", that is about the origins of the Mormon religion. Both poke fun at Mormons.

ta Fuzz. was aware it was the SP guys. never been much of a SP fan but i did love this. cracking stuff.

as for people who do not share senses of humour, our next vid will reveal just who does not like either monty python or fawlty towers. i despair. 

I was lucky to see the original run on Broadway. “Mostly Me” and the whole Star Wars thing had me in hysterics.

A few nights later I met Trey Parker at a party. As one of the South Park creators I was expecting him to be a bit crazy and off the wall, but he was a thoroughly normal, likeable bloke.

• Like 1

I saw it at the Kennedy Center with the missus. Being a religious person (not Mormon), she didn't think it was that funny. I on the other hand loved it.

Ken, there are really people out there that do not like Monte Python? I peeck my nose and fling it in their direction!

Saw it in previews.  Waited in long line and won a raffle.  10 buck seats.  It was outstanding.  Original cast was perfect.  Was dying the whole time.  I remember in the playbill there was an ad that said "you've seen the play, now read the book!".  lds fully embraced it.  

Saw a second time for full price in la.  New cast was still killing it.  Highly recommend to anyone with even the vaguest interest

• JohnS changed the title to Book of Mormon - The Play
8 hours ago, alloy said:

I saw it at the Kennedy Center with the missus. Being a religious person (not Mormon), she didn't think it was that funny. I on the other hand loved it.

Ken, there are really people out there that do not like Monte Python? I peeck my nose and fling it in their direction!

i would not be saying that too loudly in this forum. no names of course but their initials are.... rob ayala!!!! 

no even the cheese shop bit. or the dead parrot. silly walks are apparently just... silly. tragic. what a senseless waste of human life. 

i would not be saying that too loudly in this forum. no names of course but their initials are.... rob ayala!!!! 
no even the cheese shop bit. or the dead parrot. silly walks are apparently just... silly. tragic. what a senseless waste of human life. 

Surely you can’t be serious?

What about the spam song?