Barcelona and Athens suggestions???

Hey all.  Yes, I know I haven't been too active on here lately.  Very busy lately with work and such.  Trying to put together pictures and writeups to post a bit from our last Havana trip in November.  And Rob,  @El Presidente, I'm also wondering about plans for this upcoming November.  I'll try to PM you some questions / curiosities from me and some of the Canadian travelers. 

But in a week or so, I'm travelling again for work.  Gonna have two-plus days in Barcelona, Spain, and in Athens, Greece.  So I'm wondering here if anybody from FOH could help with suggestions / recommendations / tips, cigar-related or not.  I know Andorra is relatively around the corner from Barcelona - I've already been talking with @ChanceSchmerr about that, and getting some other tidbits from @bundwallah and @ebhead too.  From what I understand, the other 3 guys on my "team" aren't much of cigar guys.  So, I don't know if I'll be able to necessarily talk them into renting a car, and "wasting" a day to go back and forth to Andorra (we generally like to stick together as a team, and do everything together in a group consensus).  So, a road trip to Andorra might be a big talk for me to be able to swing.  But, we'll be right in the heart of Barcelona and Athens.

So any suggestions???

• Like 1

Even if you can’t make it to Andorra Spain is a great place to buy cigars. I was in Barcelona many years ago and really enjoyed it. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with @LLC Spain has been one of the top places for me to find cigars. 

In Andorra, There is good restaurants, a great whisky shop (Cava Benito), world class skiing, plus it's a country that you just dont get to every day. You have lots of ways to sell them on an Andorra trip!

I’m trying, Chris!!! Lol.

@CanuckSARTech From what I've heard Andorra has been "vacuum cleaned", so, other than cheaper cigars there is no incentive to drive up the curvy roads, no more vintage steals there.

Stay with the team - visit Sitges as has been mentioned, just like 20 mins south of BCN, beautiful seaside resort and IIRC gay capital of Europe in the summer. Lovely restaurants, old city, good place to escape BCN and the masses.

Was there with my wife ages ago and it was a great place.

As for BCN : look up the usual suspect cigar shops.

Me - I would always layover in Madrid ... just sayin' ...??

• Like 1

PS :

Athens - no idea.

But the outskirts are beautiful, like Vouglameni, our crew hotel was the Astir Palace owned by Onnasis, what a great place. Like 15 mins out of downtown near Cape Astir.

I took day trips out to the islands, Hydra, Poros etc. great way to spend a day.

• Like 1

Athens has a couple of good cigar shops 

My fave is in a suburb called Psiri

Very funky place full of bars and restaurants and you can smoke wherever you want

you can also walk to the

Gazi district  ( Arti funky bars more locals )  

Plaka district (nice but over touristy)

Cigar shop is El Habanero 

Ag. Anargiron 1, Athina 105 54, Greece

get off at Monastiraki train station and walk 200m

3 hours ago, nino said:

@CanuckSARTech From what I've heard Andorra has been "vacuum cleaned", so, other than cheaper cigars there is no incentive to drive up the curvy roads, no more vintage steals there.

Stay with the team - visit Sitges as has been mentioned, just like 20 mins south of BCN, beautiful seaside resort and IIRC gay capital of Europe in the summer. Lovely restaurants, old city, good place to escape BCN and the masses.

Me - I would always layover in Madrid ... just sayin' ...??

Yeah, they're all gone except for the older Andorra regionals. They also had a bunch of 2014 HUPCs several months ago, but I suppose those are gone as well.

10 hours ago, nino said:
PS :

Athens - no idea.

But the outskirts are beautiful, like Vouglameni, our crew hotel was the Astir Palace owned by Onnasis, what a great place. Like 15 mins out of downtown near Cape Astir.
I took day trips out to the islands, Hydra, Poros etc. great way to spend a day.

I think we’re staying the same hotel. Not 100% sure tho - that’s not my focus / job to worry about.

Good thoughts tho. I think our time is a bit shorter there than Barcelona.

10 hours ago, nino said:
[mention=6965]CanuckSARTech[/mention] From what I've heard Andorra has been "vacuum cleaned", so, other than cheaper cigars there is no incentive to drive up the curvy roads, no more vintage steals there.

Me - I would always layover in Madrid ... just sayin' ...

Layover in Madrid?? I think I’m missing something. Lol.

I actually would prefer that, but gotta follow what “the big guy” needs to do and go.

Sitges. I’ve had a few people at work mention that too. Will have to keep it in mind.

Good thing I’m heading there in Feb rather than the summer!!! Lol. I think there’s a picture floating around on here of me cuddling with a big pink unicorn while working. Lol. I don’t need one of me on a gay beach with a floaty unicorn too - my wife will start to ask questions!!! Lol.

• Haha 1

Spain you say and Barcelona at that.  Well a couple of years ago went there with wife.  Was my 2nd time in Barcelona.

This time stayed at; Casa Camper about a block from the Ramblas great place to stay we love Casa Camper.  They are

the group that owns Camper shoes.  Tel: 011 -34-933-426-280.  Ok lets get to why Im replying; CIGARS!

Well i have had great luck at; Gimeno, Ramblas 100.  If you come off i'll mannered then you may not get the attention you'd like.

Just remain humble.  Ask if you can go to the basement big inventory.  Remember I was there maybe 3 years ago so you never know things change.

The other cigar shop that I visited was; L'Estanc De Laietana, Tabacs, 4 Via Laietana; Open M-F 9:00am - 1400, 16:00 - 19:30, 16:00 - 19:30

Sat; 10:00 am  - 14:00.  Tele; (34)93-310-1034.  This place is great.  Owner will sit down and have a smoke and a chat with if he is there.

Great, fresh top of the line smokes.  BBig humi, right temps.

Good luck wish I was going,

Kuma

also cigars abound in many places.  On the Rambla there is a Dept Store called ;  El Corte Ingles it is located near the Ronda De Sant Pere.

Just poked my head in at the cigars and my my my large humi at the right temps.  As I said cigars abound all around.

Spain is great, no dumb PC nonsense, a mans world when it comes enjoying a good cigar, a good drink and great food.

Love Barcelona.

Kuma

• Like 1

I was in Barcelona ... last year?  The year before?  I don't remember lol.  I second Gimeno, Ramblas 100, the basement is loaded with boxes, that's where I got my RE.  They have an assorted selection upstairs, but downstairs is where the real stuff is.

We stayed in an AirBnB, but BCN very walkable I think.  Don't miss La Sagrada, worth it to go in and see

• Like 1