Do you prefer SLBs or Dress boxes?

What's your favorite type of cigar box?   

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Do you have a preference if so why? 

I like the Slide Lid Boxes myself...I like that it's just wood and cigars. Also The cigars are more in contact with each other and less with paper etc., I could see that potentially impacting long term aging but don't have confirmation. Thoughts???

I really don't know how to vote. I kinda want to have enough time to observe the differences. From a stacking and Tetris perspective, dress boxes are much easier for me to slip in. But it is fun to slide open that top, stick my face in there, and just...wait, this is cigars... 

I think the smell of the SLB cigars is stronger when opening the box, but sometimes fighting with the ribbon to try to get that first one out, then slide the rest back in without scratching up the feet can be tough, and their boxy dimensions ends up leaving me with a bit of wasted space in the wineador. 

I like both I suppose. 

• Haha 1

Both. 

Like the ornate designs and color on dress boxes plus the fact the cigars have a box press to them.

SL boxes are neat in that you can grab the glassine paper from both ends, lift out the whole bundle and smell those wonderful stinky feet.

1 hour ago, tigger said:

I actually like varnished cabinets most of all, but that may be due to some of my favorite cigars being packaged in them.

Then SLBs.

Nothing in particular against dress boxes though.

Hmm good point varnished cabs are wonderful as well. There's something refined about a varnished box. 

39 minutes ago, BuzzArd said:

For Tetris I prefer dress boxes.  They seem easier to fit together and get maximum stackage.  But I love the dress box for long term storage. 

Oh how storage can influence what we prefer lol.  For those short on space you quickly realize how much more dress boxes are worth.

1 hour ago, bbguardsp said:

Oh how storage can influence what we prefer lol.  For those short on space you quickly realize how much more dress boxes are worth.

This. If space was not an issue, SLB all day. In my reality, dress boxes work much better for my limited space. 

32 minutes ago, dimi68 said:

I hate it when my Cuban cigars arrive Box pressed in dress boxes!

Send them to me if you don't want them!

I like both but to me it depends on the cigar some are just better out of a SLB like the BBF VS a RYJ Churchill in a fancy dress box! But I like both love the design of the dress box but love the way SLB age better

• Like 1

Clicked on the SLB just to see the voting results.  Figured it was going to be a landslide.  I'm not partial and enjoy both.

If I start running out of room I just pick up another container and some more Boveda packs ?

Can't turn back now...one day I hope to have enough where I can quit buying before I retire.

:unknown:

2 hours ago, Derboesekoenig said:

I think this is why I like it. Wood and tobacco. Nothing extra, nothing fancy, like it has been for 100+ years. I'll get more storage before I get an abundance of dress boxes.

Dress boxes are just as old

• Like 1

Has anyone actually done a long term aging test of the same cigar in dress box and SLB of the same vintage to see if SLB is actually ages better?  I am not convinced just on saying it's so that SLB's age better without some kind of test to warrant that statement.

Let's say a 15 year old BBF's in both presentations for instance.  Is the SLB really better?

• Like 3