QUAI D’ORSAY SENADORES EL 2019 for sale in France this week!

your link took me to the Baalbeck article... is this the one:

https://halfwheel.com/quai-dorsay-senadores-edicion-limitada-2019-to-launch-thursday-in-paris/365967/

?

Regardless, I'm in agreement.  Monster RGs have kept me away from a lot of the recent ELs... which has probably saved me a chunk of coin though, come to think of it, so it's probably a blessing and a curse.

• Like 2

• JohnS changed the title to QUAI D’ORSAY SENADORES EL 2019 for sale in France this week!
40 minutes ago, Boxer1 said:

Do ELs ever pop up on 24:24. I don’t recall seeing any in the year and a half I’ve been lurking around. 

Yes, they do come up. I just did an extensive search of 24:24 listings and noted at least 12 occasions in the last 12 months when Limited Editions where offered on 24:24.

Cohiba Talisman - January 8th 2020

Punch Regios De Punch - January 9th, April 24th, May 16th 2019

Bolivar Soberanos - February 4th, March 5th, August 5th 2019

Romeo y Julieta Tacos - November 21st, December 9th 2019, January 31st 2020

H.Upmann Propios - December 4th 2019, January 8th 2020

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Cubadust said:

Just out of curiousity, has there ever been a non-maduro EL?

EL wrappers are taken from higher on the plant so they are generally darker and thicker.  However with 64ish different shades the cigars are organized prior to boxing you will find lighter ones that one wouldn't classify as maduro.

3 hours ago, bbguardsp said:
EL wrappers are taken from higher on the plant so they are generally darker and thicker.  However with 64ish different shades the cigars are organized prior to boxing you will find lighter ones that one wouldn't classify as maduro.

Yeah, I get that. But then they run the whole gammut, but with maduro as the main. I meant, has there been a non-maduro EL in the line of let’s say the Regional Editions where the cigars are more ”Vitola Limited”.

2 hours ago, Cubadust said:

Yeah, I get that. But then they run the whole gammut, but with maduro as the main. I meant, has there been a non-maduro EL in the line of let’s say the Regional Editions where the cigars are more ”Vitola Limited”.

Most Limited Editions come out in vitolas that are unique for that marca. As an example, the wrappers on the 2014 Partagas Seleccion Privada were noted for being rosado (i.e. 'reddish') and it came in a double robusto size, 50 ring gauge x 160 mm (or inches) in length. But overall, yes EL wrappers are noted for longer fermenting time and tend to be a darker colorado maduro to maduro shade.

• Like 1