London - Cigar Lounges

I will be traveling to London in March and wanted to know where folks smoke cigars in the city? I've been told the Lanesborough is fantastic (if spendy) and have a notion to check it out. Of course, I will check out JJ Fox. Where else? Always obliged for the great knowhow and where on the forums,

cheers

leepers

No.6 Cavendish. Say hi to Ajay for me. London prices but he always has something older and special open. At Christmas there were superb Lusitanias from 1998. Hint: don’t ask the price, just enjoy and hand him the credit card. Then be sure to be sitting on the toilet when you open your bill next month.

• Haha 3

You can do Fox and Davidoff at the same time.  They are a block away from each other.

Personally, I like Turmeaus in Mayfair.  It is a small shop, that is part of a small chain of cigar stores in GB.  The prices were a lot better than the other two, (not that the prices are particularly good anywhere in that country) plus, they sell singles of some hard to find stuff.  I got some R/GR singles wile I was there.  They have a room to smoke in at the bottom of a spiral staircase, which was tiny, but also charming.

• Like 3

How crazy are we talking at No. 6 Cavendish?

No worse than JJFox etc. In fact some options are reasonable compared to the other stores. And very plush inside. Certainly worth a visit.

Crazy is Ritz cigar shop and some others don't bare thinking about.

Sampling rooms, shops, terraces etc. Here

https://cigars.co.uk/where-to-buy-smoke/

You can do Fox and Davidoff at the same time.  They are a block away from each other.

Personally, I like Turmeaus in Mayfair.  It is a small shop, that is part of a small chain of cigar stores in GB.  The prices were a lot better than the other two, (not that the prices are particularly good anywhere in that country) plus, they sell singles of some hard to find stuff.  I got some R/GR singles wile I was there.  They have a room to smoke in at the bottom of a spiral staircase, which was tiny, but also charming.

And Dunhill 1a and the Stafford also on or just of st James st.

Sautters of Mayfair also not far away.

There's Harrods, the Wellsley. No 10 Manchester is nicely covered and you have the option to smoke your own for a min spend.

I could barely get downstairs at Turmeaus but yes very quaint. And you never know Mitch might be there.

• Like 2

All good calls so far.

I haven't been to No. 6 Cavendish yet but the pictures look very nice.

The cigar lounge at The Corinthia Hotel is very nice. As it's officially outdoors, you don't have to buy your cigar on-site to smoke there. It's well covered and heated though. Plus they have a full bar, the other shops don't. The cigar sommelier, Adam Lacja, is a very nice guy, very easy-going and knows his cigars.

https://www.corinthia.com/london/restaurants-bars/the-garden-lounge/

Of course it's recommended you buy something there. At the indoor cigar lounges in London. Fox, Davidoff, 1A St. James, No. 6 Cavendish etc. you can only smoke what you buy in the shop. That's not a rule of the shop, that's UK law.

• Like 1

• JohnS changed the title to London - Cigar Lounges

For decent weather... Corinthia for sure. For a nice lounge JJFox. For a good chat LCDH Teddington (unless AJ hangs out in the new london lounge now.. not sure). To spend ridiculous amounts of money... Wellesley and the Bvlgari lounge. 

Note that there are different "minimum spend" requirements for each place. Some you can take your own and smoke but have to spend a minimum amount, some you cant smoke any of your own at all.

• Like 1

My favorite is the Lanesborough. But you can’t bring your own. 
the Wellesley is the most impressive humidor and you can bring your own. JJ Fox is fun because it’s a bit historic and the guys there and at Davidoff are very friendly. No 10 Manchester is more intimate and smaller but also a pretty great selection. You really can’t go wrong. However just know that the cigar shops don’t serve liquor. 

• Like 1

No. 6 Cavendish does have a bar with a limited but well focused selection of spirits and if you want to see Ajay, he is spending most of his time here rather than Teddington. J.J. Fox is grand for all the history and the neighborhood and the lads are great. You can’t go wrong either way. Visit them all, smoke your head off and drink like there’s no tomorrow. When you get home and are forced to sell plasma to pay the credit cards, just remember what a great time you had. Don’t go home regretting that you skipped the well aged double corona and 25 year old Macallan just so you could feed and cloth your children. Speaking if which...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/9/2020 at 9:18 AM, Drguano said:

No.6 Cavendish. Say hi to Ajay for me. London prices but he always has something older and special open. At Christmas there were superb Lusitanias from 1998. Hint: don’t ask the price, just enjoy and hand him the credit card. Then be sure to be sitting on the toilet when you open your bill next month.

Absolutely beautiful Store and shop to relax in and pass the time. 

Your on Vacation sit back and

Enjoy Life, It's the Best Revenge !

Rob 

• Like 1