Right now.....that box of cigars that you can't stop taking from.......

5 hours ago, Monocle said:

How’d they make it three plus years? My only regret some a recent trip to the island was only have enough CUC left for a fiver when we hit Club Havana. I’ll remedy that next time.

LOL.  I have mixed bundles left, going back to 2012 or so still.  A few singles from each year pretty much, but a couple full bundles left (maybe 5 or 6?) from about 2016 and newer.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This box of Esmiraldas.  Young.  Right off the truck.  Yet, irresistible.   I have smoked 4 so far, and plan on another one soon, and I dont care who knows it.  ?  

D4 SMO MAR 12. Stunning HQ box. Now if these are HQ the PSP must have been out of this world. These are a sensational smoke at this point....as with any good box at this stage , they won't last long .

What is left of these 2016 D4s... I had to physically stop myself from smoking them for a while because This box is simply one of the best boxes I have ever bought, every one of them has been flawless

On 2/14/2020 at 2:14 AM, earthson said:

BLP JUL 08 ERDM CS.  They're turning the corner with legs left for another 12 years easy, but I'm already into the bottom row.  Must... get... more...

I had a Jun 08 yesterday and I was blown away by the legs still left in it.  Did not expect that from a CS.  Wish I had a box lying around. 

16 hours ago, Monocle said:

How’d they make it three plus years? My only regret some a recent trip to the island was only have enough CUC left for a fiver when we hit Club Havana. I’ll remedy that next time.

I bought a bundle on a recent trip and would agree that not buying a second bundle is a regret.  Dang good cigar. 

7 hours ago, Thirds said:

I bought a bundle on a recent trip and would agree that not buying a second bundle is a regret.  Dang good cigar. 

One of the few cigars I could grab anytime of the day and thoroughly enjoy. I like that versatility, plus having both a pigtail and a closed foot is darn luxurious.

11 hours ago, CanuckSARTech said:

LOL.  I have mixed bundles left, going back to 2012 or so still.  A few singles from each year pretty much, but a couple full bundles left (maybe 5 or 6?) from about 2016 and newer.

Sounds like a sensible approach. I wonder how Alex’s or Reynaldo’s Dalias compares... Anyone try those?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Monocle said:

One of the few cigars I could grab anytime of the day and thoroughly enjoy. I like that versatility, plus having both a pigtail and a closed foot is darn luxurious.

Sounds like a sensible approach. I wonder how Alex’s or Reynaldo’s Dalias compares... Anyone try those?

Grabbed a bundle of Alex Puntilla and that too is a good cigar.  I find the monsdale sweet and I don’t get that in the Puntilla. 

6 hours ago, Monocle said:

29 minutes ago, Thirds said:

Grabbed a bundle of Alex Puntilla and that too is a good cigar.  I find the monsdale sweet and I don’t get that in the Puntilla. 

Correct / this.

The Monsdale is closer to an H. Upmann creamy / sweet / smooth flavor profile.  Smooth, mellow.  Like unsweetened whipping cream, with toast, some aromas of fresh leather, etc.  

Alex's Puntilla, I haven't smoked yet.  I actually JUST pulled a stick of those from a Nov 2019 bundle to take with me for a trip to Florida with the kids and wife.  I'll be trying it then/there.  But visiting him in the fall, and John / CigarSurgeon and Alex C from Toronto and I spending some decent visits to Alejandro's shop and chatting with him ("it's CHIT!!!!!" lol), I had the chance to try some of his other stuff.  I can't remember exactly, but I think we had a canonazo, robusto and piramide format in his blend, maybe a corona too, IIRC.  And they were FRESH and needed some decent relights, but slightly spicy and tangy.  No buttery, smooth sweetness there, but still satisfying.  More of a savoury, spicy, bold stick, but without being overpowering at all.

Sorry for the thread hijack...  :hole:

• Like 1