Raching humidor

Lunettesman

Just got my MON1800A yesterday, took forever and there are a lot of wrinkles to iron out in the fulfillment side. That said, Sukie is on point and managed the entire process and stayed with me to assure I got it. Estes was the delivery company that took it from their new warehouse in SoCal... they put it on the wrong truck and it went to Chicago and back to the East Bay. 

You might check with Sukie now about shipping costs - I paid 400$ for the MON1800A given that they have built up a supply stateside and can ship a bit lower cost but not too much. 

The unit is great, fired it up and it's holding humidity at the correct levels I set (although the display is showing a different number, my hygrometers I placed inside all read the correct level that I set). Perhaps the on-board display will adjust and level out to match the actual levels inside. 

Great piece of kit so far considering you could spend 1500$ for a wooden box and not have the heating/cooling, ammonia dissipation and warming tray... 

Will update as more develops and it gets fully up to speed and running for a while. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I bought the large cigar fridge MON3800A from Raching’s precision line in May 2019. Top of the range and about USD 2,200. Connects to WiFi and controllable from your WeChat account, including a graph

So guys. I ended up winning the auction and got the C230A new for a very good price. I'll make a deeper review after a few months of using it. A few observations from the get go: - well packed an

Fan of the Raching so far but only 1` week in. Holds approx 64 boxes here. The temp and humidity are consistent. The display is about *+2 on humidity but temp is spot on. It took 8 days to ship to me

On 8/13/2021 at 7:39 PM, el_papacito said:

Just got my MON1800A yesterday, took forever and there are a lot of wrinkles to iron out in the fulfillment side. That said, Sukie is on point and managed the entire process and stayed with me to assure I got it. Estes was the delivery company that took it from their new warehouse in SoCal... they put it on the wrong truck and it went to Chicago and back to the East Bay. 

You might check with Sukie now about shipping costs - I paid 400$ for the MON1800A given that they have built up a supply stateside and can ship a bit lower cost but not too much. 

The unit is great, fired it up and it's holding humidity at the correct levels I set (although the display is showing a different number, my hygrometers I placed inside all read the correct level that I set). Perhaps the on-board display will adjust and level out to match the actual levels inside. 

Great piece of kit so far considering you could spend 1500$ for a wooden box and not have the heating/cooling, ammonia dissipation and warming tray... 

Will update as more develops and it gets fully up to speed and running for a while. 

These humidors display an average temp and humidity, assuming you have sensors like my mon3800. So my top sensor will show under the 64% I have it set to, but the very bottom is usually around 67-69%. That's fine because I've started storing NC singles and boxes down there. The middle two sensors are usually spot on to my setting give +1/-1. So I slap my CC singles up top and boxes in the middle. 

Not sure about yours, but you can see the individual sensors by hitting the +/- buttons by the temp and humidity. It cycles through them. I think they're called, like, HFS1-HFS4. Then as I said the main display shows an average.

They don't tell you that in the instruction booklet. 

Also, if you haven't tried it, I'd avoid the rapid heating tray. It heats the whole dang thing up. The compressors don't quickly compensate enough to remedy the heating. I guess if you're in a cold environment that could be ok. 

And I enjoy seeing the Ammonia sensor activate and start working to remove Ammonia. When I first got it I recall wondering why the darn thing never lit up. Add cigars, now it's on frequently. 

• Thanks 2

Thanks for the info about the “HS1,2,3,on,of” I asked Sukie but never got an answer on that. I had guessed it was a variable setting for the “habano-somelier” but this makes sense. 

in my cabinet and all those I’ve looked at it’s the top of the cabinet that gets the highest rH not the bottom as humidity is pushed up from the bottom. For example I set mine at 65% - it’s 64 on my lowest shelf and 67 on the highest where I keep my NC singles. 

6 minutes ago, Brad M said:

Yeah, i'm hoping they come out with a better way to connect the cabinet to Wifi. It would be nice if they had their own app for it.

Highly unlikely. They have higher scrutiny n releasing any app on iOS this higher costs associated 

10 hours ago, el_papacito said:

Thanks for the info about the “HS1,2,3,on,of” I asked Sukie but never got an answer on that. I had guessed it was a variable setting for the “habano-somelier” but this makes sense. 

in my cabinet and all those I’ve looked at it’s the top of the cabinet that gets the highest rH not the bottom as humidity is pushed up from the bottom. For example I set mine at 65% - it’s 64 on my lowest shelf and 67 on the highest where I keep my NC singles. 

That is strange. I assume you're using the stock humidifier and not boveda? Perhaps it's fan placement?

My top sensor has highest temp usually around 67F and 61% humidity. It's set at 65F and 64%. The bottom sensor near the water tank and sommelier is usually at 63F and 68%. 

My thinking is that heat rises and humidity naturally goes low. But as stated it works out well for how I'm storing everything. 

My wireless govees say the temp is perfect 65 top to bottom but with corresponding rh to the internal sensors. 

I wonder if it has to do with your fan placement or the compressor placement in yours?

10 hours ago, Brad M said:

Yeah, i'm hoping they come out with a better way to connect the cabinet to Wifi. It would be nice if they had their own app for it.

I'm not going to bother with using Wechat unless there's some magical way to calibrate the sensors or such. Meh. But the flashing wifi symbol is a minor annoyance. 

9 hours ago, Meesterjojo said:

That is strange. I assume you're using the stock humidifier and not boveda? Perhaps it's fan placement?

My top sensor has highest temp usually around 67F and 61% humidity. It's set at 65F and 64%. The bottom sensor near the water tank and sommelier is usually at 63F and 68%. 

My thinking is that heat rises and humidity naturally goes low. But as stated it works out well for how I'm storing everything. 

My wireless govees say the temp is perfect 65 top to bottom but with corresponding rh to the internal sensors. 

I wonder if it has to do with your fan placement or the compressor placement in yours?

I'm not going to bother with using Wechat unless there's some magical way to calibrate the sensors or such. Meh. But the flashing wifi symbol is a minor annoyance. 

Humid air is less dense than dry air and thus it always rises given same temps. So you’re likely inferring the sensor locations upside down. 

12 minutes ago, el_papacito said:

Humid air is less dense than dry air and thus it always rises given same temps. So you’re likely inferring the sensor locations upside down. 

But the fans face up and down and force humidity one direction or the other. Their in pairs next to each sensor in mine. 

The only other way I have to prove that the first sensor is at the top and the fourth sensor at the bottom in my humidor is that the humidity readings on my govees plus two cigar oasis 4s are close to the corresponding sensors.

If they're not, I'm in big trouble. 

Well, the unit is designed to store singles at the top at the higher humidity zone and the principle of humidity rising is an established fact so you can take in to account there are fans circulating air but they are fixed in their velocity and therefore the micro climate created will still adhere to the principles noted because water vapor displaces air and so it is mostly the air alone that is being moved and not the water vapor…
i understand that it seems intuitive that humid air would sink, that is the assumption of most prior to seeking the science behind the reality. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/14/2021 at 10:00 PM, Fezztone said:

Fan of the Raching so far but only 1` week in. Holds approx 64 boxes here. The temp and humidity are consistent. The display is about *+2 on humidity but temp is spot on. It took 8 days to ship to me from LA but they said it was the last one they had in stock. Not sure I would have gone with Gold and the Maple but it’s impressive in person! Glad I did and went with it since it was a quick turnaround as they suffer challenges like everyone with sea shipping.  It came well packed and seems like quality construction and kit.  Sukie at Raching was very communicative and responded quickly to all questions and updates.  I handled the comms through Instagram DM and paid via Alibaba.  I am not affiliated with them in any way btw.. I’m trying not to grow my stock based on capacity now. Trying..

D6AC3223-F6F7-4A3D-8845-5A4C171A7643.jpeg

I went with the gold because I think it's this sort of tacky, fun, oddly stylish thing.

Curious if you're using your own devices to monitor rh, but either way, have things been good with the boxes stacked like that? I've got about 16 boxes of D4s but I've given them a bit of space. I need to sample more of them, but my D4 craze has faded.

Say, friend, noticed you're not using your shelf dividers. Would you sell them or donate them?:)

53 minutes ago, Meesterjojo said:

I went with the gold because I think it's this sort of tacky, fun, oddly stylish thing.

Curious if you're using your own devices to monitor rh, but either way, have things been good with the boxes stacked like that? I've got about 16 boxes of D4s but I've given them a bit of space. I need to sample more of them, but my D4 craze has faded.

Say, friend, noticed you're not using your shelf dividers. Would you sell them or donate them?:)

I use a Govee WiFi monitor and Govee temp and humidity display 

not sure my stacking is ideal just yet but I was concerned about overall temp primarily  

I’ll keep you in mind if I sell the dividers  still settling on how to organize  

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/14/2021 at 8:00 PM, Fezztone said:

Fan of the Raching so far but only 1` week in. Holds approx 64 boxes here. The temp and humidity are consistent. The display is about *+2 on humidity but temp is spot on. It took 8 days to ship to me from LA but they said it was the last one they had in stock. Not sure I would have gone with Gold and the Maple but it’s impressive in person! Glad I did and went with it since it was a quick turnaround as they suffer challenges like everyone with sea shipping.  It came well packed and seems like quality construction and kit.  Sukie at Raching was very communicative and responded quickly to all questions and updates.  I handled the comms through Instagram DM and paid via Alibaba.  I am not affiliated with them in any way btw.. I’m trying not to grow my stock based on capacity now. Trying..

D6AC3223-F6F7-4A3D-8845-5A4C171A7643.jpeg

Fezz,

I’m looking at a black 3800. What was shipping/price of unit? Crazy that it came from Alibaba but the warehouse shipped you one in CA. I’m in CA myself. Thanks!

12 hours ago, wine_junkie said:

Fezz,

I’m looking at a black 3800. What was shipping/price of unit? Crazy that it came from Alibaba but the warehouse shipped you one in CA. I’m in CA myself. Thanks!

PM Sent

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I am having real problems with the relative humidity in mine now. It keeps climbing and I cannot get it to stabilize. Set for 16 deg C and 64% its now up over 70% again. Really getting frustrated, does anyone have advice?

IMG_4934.PNG.fa30b943c21ecce289009bbf2e490380.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry to bring back a dead thread but you guys and gals seem to know a lot about these Raching Humidors.  I picked up a Raching 380A ( 2 fan humidty unit) 2nd hand over the weekend and could not beat the price for the condition. Would anyone here know how to have it display F instead of degrees C for the temp?  Also would anyone have any insight to the sub menu setting a1-a9 81-b9 etc, saw that mine even has some that are u1. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. And last question... where can one find replacement wicking film for the water reservoir? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2023 at 2:54 PM, kiel said:

Sorry to bring back a dead thread but you guys and gals seem to know a lot about these Raching Humidors.  I picked up a Raching 380A ( 2 fan humidty unit) 2nd hand over the weekend and could not beat the price for the condition. Would anyone here know how to have it display F instead of degrees C for the temp?  Also would anyone have any insight to the sub menu setting a1-a9 81-b9 etc, saw that mine even has some that are u1. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. And last question... where can one find replacement wicking film for the water reservoir? 

I have the C230A, should be very similar as far as the control panel display goes. But if you press the minus button for 6 seconds, it should say "on". If it says "off", just do it again. Then press and hold the set key for about 6 seconds, that will bring you into the menu. Keep pressing the set key to scroll through until you see the C or F display. Use the minus button to adjust, then just leave it for about 6 seconds, then it should update. Don't mess with anything else, but you can adjust the humidity hysteresis in there as well among other things. 

• 5 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

Do you need to season the shelves when you receive your Raching unit?

Just received a MON1800 and from ordering to delivering here in SG it took 3weeks - that's considered fast imo.

Put a govee in there and damn this thing is stable! Put the govee on the shelf next to the middle sensor (HS2 i believe) yet the govee is showing 5rH lower than the sensor...hence my question if one needs to season the shelves or not..

Sukie initially said just wipe with a dry cloth..so not sure..awaiting her response as well..

Will keep you all posted and will appreciate if anyone knows the answer in the meantime :)

Have a nice weekend all!