CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19 CHICAGO HERF #5 - Saturday, May 16th - Big Mike’s Cigars (Skokie, IL)

CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19

We will reschedule.

WE’RE BACK! Please mark your calendars for our next Chicago Habanos Society HERF!

Address:

Big Mike's Cigars

8016 Lincoln Ave, Skokie, IL 60077

(847) 675-2447
https://g.co/kgs/A3Kd12

Date: Saturday, May 16th

Time: 1pm to Late

We will be there well into the night! For a long time! So no worries if you want to show up a little later.

Food: TBD

Specifics:

1. We can bring in our Cuban cigars and smoke them all day and night!

2. You may bring in your own alcohol to drink. Big Mike's has plenty of glassware for us to use if anyone wants to bring in theior favorite liquor, wine, beer, etc.

3. They have a large variety of non-alcoholic drinks for sale.

Entrance Fee / Cost / Minimum Spend Per Person:

Big Mike’s has been kind enough to allow us to come into their establishment, take up valuable space and allow us to smoke Cuban cigars that we obviously cannot purchase there.

We worked out a deal where everyone attending is asked to buy a couple of sticks from the humidor as an “entrance fee.” Or you can just pay a $20 flat fee or make other purchase(s) totaling $20 or more. This is an incredibly low minimum spend per person for a HERF!

This applies to EVERYONE who attends the CHS HERF!: CHS & FoH Members, Guests, Smokers and Non-Smokers.

This is my local B&M and I love this place and have a special relationship with the ownership / management to be able to host this special event so please remember to throw them a few bucks for extending us this courtesy!

Attendees:

Please reply in this thread to us know if you will be able to attend so that we can give Mike's a head count and reserve the right number of tables.

Running Attendee List:

@mdido

@Buck14

@kevpro

@NewFatMike (+ Mich)

@Chibearsv (after the ponies are done at Arlington)

@lovethehaze

@inter4alia

@SigSauer516

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Bump - I know this is a couple of months out still - just wanted to see if there is enough interest to get together on May 16th? If not we will cancel or reschedule.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SigSauer516 said:

Buck, can you message everyone in the CHS.  I just happened to stumble upon this post.  Would not have seen it otherwise.

done

I plan on attending after the races at AP (if they race this year).  I'm finally over the picture of supplies that @lovethehaze sent before the last herf.  It was the first time in the last 7 or 8 years of no alcohol that the first thought in my head after seeing that photo was "if I only have 1, that'll be ok".  I had to call an audible to avoid the temptation.  Bad thoughts gone now.  I'm up for the herf and looking forward to meeting the group.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Chibearsv said:

I plan on attending after the races at AP (if they race this year).  I'm finally over the picture of supplies that @lovethehaze sent before the last herf.  It was the first time in the last 7 or 8 years of no alcohol that the first thought in my head after seeing that photo was "if I only have 1, that'll be ok".  I had to call an audible to avoid the temptation.  Bad thoughts gone now.  I'm up for the herf and looking forward to meeting the group.

Now i feel bad. It wasn’t my intention at all. I can only speak for myself but I think as a group everyone would support you. Congrats ! That’s an amazing accomplishment. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, lovethehaze said:

Now i feel bad. It wasn’t my intention at all. I can only speak for myself but I think as a group everyone would support you. Congrats ! That’s an amazing accomplishment. 

No, No, No, please don't take it like that at all.  Your photo was glorious, make no mistake.  I'm praising you, not cursing you.  Do not hold back on doing it again.  This was all just an internal dilemma for me and only at that moment.  I'm good to go now, was just giving full disclosure since I felt bad for not making it to the last one.  Cheers to all!

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Chibearsv said:

We won’t let you drink! 7 years too long to start now. There are ALWAYS some members who don’t drink at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

With Phase 4 happening in Chicago later this week, we can have the patio at Up Down open with good capacity again.  I'm willing to host outside, especially later in the evening, if you guys want to get something on the calendar.  I have some new recruits I can possibly bring to the table as well.  Just thought I'd bring it up since there's been no discussion since April. 

I can host a Zoom meeting too if you guys have the itch to be social smoking.

Cheers,

Phil

• Like 2