Cohiba Siglo VI fake or not?

Jrcash

*I've NEVER seen any Siglo VI maduros, and if there was one, the Cuban tobacco industry (LCDH) usually makes a great big fanfare about it celebrating its release. I'd be wary if I were you.  :mellow:

Box codes on Siglo VI are not proper format therefore fake.  If codes are the same format on the Maduros they are fake as well.  If bought in Cuba they are probably all cuban tobacco but the quality of said tobacco will be suspect and they won't taste like Cohiba lol.

This post makes no sense. Tubos, SLBs, Maduros, black boxes, etc. A couple picks look like they came from a website and others look like they were taken with a disposable camera. If you are looking to buy from a site or a person that sent these pics, run away. 

• Like 1

This post makes no sense. Tubos, SLBs, Maduros, black boxes, etc. A couple picks look like they came from a website and others look like they were taken with a disposable camera. If you are looking to buy from a site or a person that sent these pics, run away. 

Agreed it’s almost like a joke they are so fugazi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Thankfully, the guy that faked the cigars wasn’t nearly the artist that the guy who faked the band was.  

The only thing on the band that looks slightly off, is the centering of the Indian head.  But looking though multiple pictures of my cigars, it looks like that may be true of some real bands.  In my pictures, it is too hard to tell though because the bands are rarely facing dead on, like it is in this picture.  They are usually turned at least slightly, making it hard to tell for sure.  When I get home, I’m going to look at the actual bands.  

It is also possible that whoever took the picture, used a real Cohiba for the close up of the band.  With the other pictures posted, it is too difficult to judge the bands.

That all said, they are the ugliest (and darkest) Siglo VI’s I have ever seen.  Plus, the obvious, incorrect box code.  

1 hour ago, SigmundChurchill said:

it looks like that may be true of some real bands.

It certainly is.  Misalignments can occur even in the best print shops (think of all the baseball card misprints floating around).  Those Genios bands look legit to me (or as good as).  Could be stolen bands on counterfeit cigars.  The lacquered boxes are kind of bulky looking and should have rounded edges and outer cardboard packaging looks pretty off, but the pictures are so terrible it's hard to make anything out.

where is the factory code ?

the small head inside the larger head should be a hologram.

the yellow on the band looks orange

good thing the fakers still have not figured it out...…...

19 hours ago, Jrcash said:

Do you think these are fake cohiba cigars? I'm a beginner. I'm suspicious of the box code.

9FDDF1A3-5697-482F-8747-E7AC7DA3F8ED.jpeg

6FBF24D5-1CAE-473A-8BC6-4BE764012760.jpeg

I think it's very interesting that the box of fake GR Sir Winston I received at Christmas had wrappers that looked really similar to the ones above - possibly the same origin source?

DC62289E-6F45-40F6-AB67-DC8E82779D82.jpeg.f81be9048616626594cccf2f7d76e6f1.jpeg