The Wheezycab

BTWheezy

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lockdown S1 E13... 1. Moved the Wheezycab down to a lower working platform for easier access to next steps. It’s heavy AF... 2.  Final trimming on drawer fronts and doors. Used a router bit

Lockdown S1 E25 (April 18th) Sh*t’s gettin’ real... Today was one of those insanely satisfying days.  I’ve been working on all the discrete parts and (seemingly) isolated tasks for a long-a$

Absolutely phenomenal work. I have thoroughly enjoyed the updates and am in awe of your craftsmanship.

No offense to anyone on the forum, but this may be the single best thread ever posted. And it absolutely should be posted as a sticky. Well done, sir.

• Like 1

@BTWheezy this is an awesome build. I’m currently waiting for my Avallo 2000 cooler humidor to be finished so this is a lot of fun to watch while I wait. Your cabinet is going to a beautiful finished piece. I am curious, what is your day job? You are amazingly skilled and have a fantastic shop for someone who is just a “hobbyist”...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, moellert said:

@BTWheezy this is an awesome build. I’m currently waiting for my Avallo 2000 cooler humidor to be finished so this is a lot of fun to watch while I wait. Your cabinet is going to a beautiful finished piece. I am curious, what is your day job? You are amazingly skilled and have a fantastic shop for someone who is just a “hobbyist”...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man.  I’m sure you’re going to be very happy with the Avallo 2000.  It looks like they do fantastic work!  My day job is in the tech industry, so yeah this is just a break from day-to-day stuff.  Most everyone has a hobby that seems amazing to others...like I’m in awe of people who play instruments or otherwise musically or artistically inclined.  Post pics when you get your 2000!

-Wheezy

1 hour ago, The Squiggler said:

Very tightly crafted.  Cheers!  What are you using for air seals around the doors and drawers? 

Thanks @The Squiggler.  I’lll use some high quality weather stripping.  The drawers have self-closing slides, and the doors will have door catches, so both will have a secure, snug closing action. Although not air-tight, it should be pretty good in that department. 

- Wheezy

• Like 1

Lockdown S1 E26:  Starting to Look Legit
Today was also satisfying, in that there were additional “no turning back” steps, and things came out nicely.  It was “Glass-and-Drawer-Pulls” Day.
1. Glass is siliconed into place on top.  I really like the satin-etched center glass after all...thanks to my wife and her design sense.
2. Security strips attached. 
3. Same with the doors. 
4. Prepping a jig to drill screw holes for the pulls. The colored arrows keep me from drilling the wrong holes, as this jig has been used just a few times.
5. Attaching the door pulls.
6. Drawers, doors, and top all tentatively ready for final-final, which I will do in the next week or so.  Need to let the silicone fully cure.
7.  Drawer and door clearance confirmed.
8.  Gettin’ close!

Side note:  some pics are out of order compared to the description.  Not sure why it does this when posting, but whatever.
1B22F92B-118D-4753-966A-2511A3D32B4B.thumb.jpeg.b62448c6659bf9d0f5d6f0a33908be44.jpeg
2F355F16-E79D-48AD-9FBE-0C85DEA71571.thumb.jpeg.3a419cd3dfc4000a16b862972cc9e718.jpeg
BE0DEAD5-9BEA-4C7C-A418-4AC89C6EFCFA.thumb.jpeg.ce7ae3b729a4a4f5b49a2f3c67174c1a.jpeg
69C70C56-0486-4120-8DF4-867CD8A96DCE.thumb.jpeg.f608545873af7f087b94e815001a88ff.jpeg
DE1D3181-4980-4D62-ABC0-9813225A2C43.thumb.jpeg.2accf8a890fdc419427c69f010b656f2.jpeg
341E29A0-8B32-4A04-9453-2F199F90DF95.thumb.jpeg.f604dffac83f6cc34771aa97ffd64350.jpeg
5A0215C5-D3C5-4AC0-A266-E079101C9DD8.thumb.jpeg.e1bcf75615b9673c449342abdf7b8190.jpeg
0CFF74E9-8E51-4A81-BECF-603658313043.thumb.jpeg.74ee1440eea4ac594626b392552895fd.jpeg
It's almost done and it's definitely cracking cigar cabinet! Where are you going to put Bob Stabell's Set and Foget humidifier? Do you plan to add additional fans on the back of Wheezydor?

나의 SM-N950N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

• Like 2

That's amazing! Almost ready to roll?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Habana Mike said:

That's amazing! Almost ready to roll?

@Habana Mike - still have a ways to go my friend. ?  I’m now learning about the number of small details in a project this size....exacerbated by the virus lockdown. It will be almost ready to roll when I move it into my home office, and begin the seasoning process!   

Don't judge a book by its cover...! I have passed this thread daily and never bothered to look inside.

You have done a beautiful job. Stunning.... I highly admire your skill and patience. 

I almost shed a tear when I saw you were cutting holes. Humidor or no, don't think I could have done that!!! 

Cheers! -Piggy

2 hours ago, PigFish said:

Don't judge a book by its cover...! I have passed this thread daily and never bothered to look inside.

You have done a beautiful job. Stunning.... I highly admire your skill and patience. 

I almost shed a tear when I saw you were cutting holes. Humidor or no, don't think I could have done that!!! 

Cheers! -Piggy

@PigFish thanks Ray. It’s kept me sane-ish during the stay home mandate, so the patience has been a fair trade.

Regarding the holes, it seemed a practical requirement for airflow.  Perhaps not aesthetically ideal, but again...a fair trade!  Thanks for the kind words. ☺️

@BTWheezy I’m super jealous of this humidor. You are extremely talented wood worker.

I would struggle with a bird house ;) can’t wait to see your humidor finished. 

• Haha 1

• JohnS pinned this topic