The Wheezycab

BTWheezy

8 hours ago, BTWheezy said:

@PigFish thanks Ray. It’s kept me sane-ish during the stay home mandate, so the patience has been a fair trade.

Regarding the holes, it seemed a practical requirement for airflow.  Perhaps not aesthetically ideal, but again...a fair trade!  Thanks for the kind words. ☺️

Don't get me wrong, airflow is important to a humidor that works. You had to do it... I just said to myself... 'oh my God no... not to that beautiful veneer...!'

Not working much with wood anymore, plastics are so much more easy to hack up for pragmatic purposes without emotion!!! Again. Beautiful job.

You should bondo up your mock-up, paint it in black lacquer and put your accessories in it...

Cheers, Ray

• Like 3

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lockdown S1 E13... 1. Moved the Wheezycab down to a lower working platform for easier access to next steps. It’s heavy AF... 2.  Final trimming on drawer fronts and doors. Used a router bit

Lockdown S1 E25 (April 18th) Sh*t’s gettin’ real... Today was one of those insanely satisfying days.  I’ve been working on all the discrete parts and (seemingly) isolated tasks for a long-a$

10 hours ago, PigFish said:

Don't get me wrong, airflow is important to a humidor that works. You had to do it... I just said to myself... 'oh my God no... not to that beautiful veneer...!'

Not working much with wood anymore, plastics are so much more easy to hack up for pragmatic purposes without emotion!!! Again. Beautiful job.

You should bondo up your mock-up, paint it in black lacquer and put your accessories in it...

Cheers, Ray

The Dispassionate Craftsman!  ?

So Ray, I’ve watched your vids and know you do a fair amount of humidor work.  If not wood, what do you build humidors from?  It can’t be plastic...can it??  Also, what do you use for a 3D printer?

The prototype is definitely sticking around. I have a place in mind for it in my home office.  Or I’ll send it to @Habana Mike for auxiliary purposes.

- Brian

On 4/17/2020 at 6:12 AM, ElJavi76 said:

@BTWheezy Bri when you're done here are you going to have a tally of total man hours you dedicated to this project? Curious, cause the piece looks stunning. A real work of art/love.

@ElJavi76 - just did the math.  Estimating about 150 hours so far.  Yes, a labor of love. ??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Agree with Jeanff.  Not wanting to second guess anything you are doing -- you are a way more talented woodworker than I struggle to be.  But, I do have a custom cabinet humidor that was made up for my office.  I absolutely love it and also (after construction) had to install 4 - 50 cfm DC fans to circulate the air.  Had a problem with the bottom of the humidors being about 4% more RH than the top -- something about water being heavier than air ????  Lastly, installed my Cigar Oasis in the bottom left hand corner with the fans blowing air in a circular direction up the left side and down the right side.  Definitely fixed the variance in RH now its less than 1% (assuming I can even measure it that accurate).  

My next fix is to install the Cigar Oasis on a pull out drawer.  It's a real pain to remove the Spanish Cedar cover that hides the CA and then try and pour distilled water into it without spilling.  About every other time I have a small spill to clean-up.  Plus it's just a hassle reaching into the humidor and would be much easier getting the CA past the doors.  Picture included below so it's easier to follow my description.

Whatever you decide -- Wow, what a project and impeccable implementation!

IMG_0928.JPG

• Like 4

@Jeanff and @GVan - thanks for the feedback, especially when based on experiences. I’ve never built (nor operated) a humidor this size, and I’m certainly not a humidification system expert.  I’m thinking about how to do the reservoirs on a sliding shelf, particularly with the power going cable back-and-forth (albeit infrequently).  I’m also going to call Bob from Aristocrat about reservoir placement to get his thoughts.  I really appreciate your thoughts/experiences BEFORE I get this thing seasoned and loaded up.

Maybe there will be more than a few updates to go!  ?

- Wheezy

I think it will be bittersweet for many of us when you are all finished. It will be great to see the final product (fully stocked, I hope) but I will certainly miss your posts and watching your progress. Top notch stuff all around! 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, inter4alia said:

I think it will be bittersweet for many of us when you are all finished. It will be great to see the final product (fully stocked, I hope) but I will certainly miss your posts and watching your progress. Top notch stuff all around! 

Well said.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, inter4alia said:

We will find a special spot for the thread ?

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, rcarlson said:

There's something off. . . 

Yeah, it’s probably the guy who wrote this comment!  ?

For those who weren’t following *quite* closely enough, @rcarlson was busting my chops because I didn’t line the airflow holes with Spanish cedar veneer.  For the record, I gave it a try...but it was an abject failure.  Yet, the chop-busting continues.  ?

On 4/26/2020 at 6:37 PM, Connoisseur Kim said:

It's just getting nicer and nicer! Will you put CC boxes in the bottom of the Wheezydor?

나의 SM-N950N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Hey C-Kim, yes boxes will go in the bottom, and odds and ends go in the drawers.

Talk to you soon,

Wheezy

• Like 1

Hey C-Kim, yes boxes will go in the bottom, and odds and ends go in the drawers.
Talk to you soon,
Wheezy
Thanks Wheezy! It looks even more epic than ever! Can't wait to see Wheezydor filled with CCs!

나의 SM-N950N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

11 hours ago, BTWheezy said:

I can handle the Tainos head easily.  I’ll enlist @bundwallah to make 100 wooden-dowel Behikes, then we wrap them in cellophane, and we should be good to go!

I can guarantee the draw on them will be horrible. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• JohnS pinned this topic