Where to smoke in Santa Monica / Venice

Venice no idea.

Santa Monica, you can smoke in the front room (2 chairs) at Lone Wolf on Wilshire. Or ask a member to get you in, or just pay the day fee.

Across the street you can smoke on the balcony of Q's Billiards.

Go to Beverly Hills and you'll find more options:

Patio of Bazaar by Jose Andres

Outside Mr. C Hotel

West Hollywood:

State Social House up on Sunset

VCut on Melrose

• Like 1

@HoyoFan as @SenorPerfecto mentioned, Lone Wolf is a little bit of a trek, but I am a member there and happy to let you in. The Senor failed to mention that he holds court at the VCut on most nights ? I am lucky to call him a friend and sometimes allows me over there.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, mt1 said:

I thought they banned smoking in Santa Monica?

Beverly Hills, where I reside, it is pretty much banned. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, SenorPerfecto said:

The reports of the demise of cigar smoking in California are greatly exaggerated.

Oh I meant smoking in general (I recall you can't smoke outside on the streets in Santa Monica anymore?).  There's definitely tons of cigar bars and lounges in CA.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, db13 said:

Santa Monica has turned into a joke. The homeless and drug dealers are allowed to congregate and loiter around Palisades Park. Cigar smoking is definitely not allowed and you will probably get a citation.

There is a no smoking law within certain feet of businesses. I can’t recall the number off the top of my head.

As for Venice... Take a nice walk around the canals and light a cigar... No one is going to bother you.

What's the lounge situation like near your new digs?

If you want to get away with smoking anywhere you feel like in California, just pretend to be an insane vagrant. The rules/laws do not apply to them here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, mtapia3 said:

If you want to get away with smoking anywhere you feel like in California, just pretend to be an insane vagrant. The rules/laws do not apply to them here. 

My family thinks I’ve been doing this for years!  Now I feel like I’m not getting all the benefits!

I know people rip on Hollywood Smoke (it’s in Santa Monica) because Jerry Seinfeld and Bill Burr smoked there on Comedians in Cars, but I always found it a pleasant please to have a smoke. The owner is a pretty good conversationalist if you get him started.

I concur about V-Cut on Melrose. Very comfortable. Also has a good coffee place right next door.

A few months ago a friend of my girlfriend had her cat get out on while she was out of town.  I volunteered to come down and walk through the area and look in all the nooks and crannies around her place. I am a night owl and often go for walks when I have a cigar, a chance to help someone out and a change of scenery.  I had cop do the slow roll and stare at me for a long few seconds, he came back by 20 min later and gave me another look.  I figured he was just seeing if I was up to no-good.  It just dawned on me that I was in Santa Monica and smoking is illegal. ?  That never even registered in my brain, that I was doing something that could of resulted in a fine or whatever the penalty is?  It is CA, so probably about 10x what is reasonable. 

15 hours ago, Deeg said:

I know people rip on Hollywood Smoke (it’s in Santa Monica) because Jerry Seinfeld and Bill Burr smoked there on Comedians in Cars, but I always found it a pleasant please to have a smoke. The owner is a pretty good conversationalist if you get him started.

I concur about V-Cut on Melrose. Very comfortable. Also has a good coffee place right next door.

Well, they rip it because it was hugely overpriced, poor selection, tiny, and the crowd & owner were... a handful. Not because someone shot a show there. And yes I also heard it was either closing or relocating.