How many sets would they sell?

image.png

GEAR

/ 

GRILLING

MIANSAI 14K GOLD GRILL SET

There's no guarantee they'll make your food taste any better, but Miansai's set of 14K gold grilling tools will ensure you're the fanciest chef on the block. The set includes a spatula, fork, knife, and tongs, all rendered in solid 14-karat polished gold. Each tool measures 18 inches long, and is undoubtedly the most expensive version you could find, even if they're unlikely to be any better than the $10 steel version for sale at the local big-box store.

$65000 USD

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'll be the jerk. It's funny how people malign these tools yet shell out for double banded EL or RE cigars.

My issue with it is simply that gold is just way too soft for this usage.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dominattorney said:

It's funny how people malign these tools yet shell out for double banded EL or RE cigars.

$65,000 for a gaudy set of grill tools seems a bit more ludicrous than paying double for a 'more luxurious version' of a luxury product like cuban cigars.  I do understand the analogy, but still, I tend to think that if so many people weren't testifying about how great some of the ELs and REs are the extra band alone wouldn't be enough to sell them (not as successfully, anyway).

2 hours ago, Lotusguy said:

14K gold (depending on the alloy composition) can be as hard as lower-end steel.  Still... these things are ridiculous.

2 hours ago, Lotusguy said:

If those things were made with steel, they'd still be shitty tools that don't function correctly.  Must be art or maybe fancy serving utensils.  Doesn't make sense to me.  

2 hours ago, dominattorney said:

I'll be the jerk. It's funny how people malign these tools yet shell out for double banded EL or RE cigars.

Are you saying you don't think the gold tools are ridiculous?  Or are you just trying to take a swipe at anyone that buys double banded cigars?  The analogy isn't really in the same ballpark.

I think William Morris said.  "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful"

These fail on both counts.   They are painfully ugly, and as much use as a chocolate fireguard. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WABOOM said:

If I saw my neighbor with those, I'd never talk to him again.

If I saw my neighbour with them, I'd be borrowing his gear... and forgetting to return them or move suddenly. :P

$65,000 for 4 grill tools? I love grilling, but think of all the other things i could get with that money. Boxes of Sir Winston's, CoRo's, Lusitania's, maybe even a Behike or two. Yup, I know which option I would pick.  

1 hour ago, Smatthews607 said:

$65,000 for 4 grill tools? I love grilling, but think of all the other things i could get with that money. Boxes of Sir Winston's, CoRo's, Lusitania's, maybe even a Behike or two. Yup, I know which option I would pick.  

You can get some rolls of toilet paper for that price...