COVID-19 What You Should Know

Stanford hospital board internal message:

The new Coronavirus may not show sign of infection for many days. How can one know if he/she is infected? By the time they have fever and/or cough and go to the hospital, the lung is usually 50% Fibrosis and it's too late. Taiwan experts provide a simple self-check that we can do every morning. Take a deep breath and hold your breath for more than 10 seconds. If you complete it successfully without coughing, without discomfort, stiffness or tightness, etc., it proves there is no Fibrosis in the lungs, basically indicates no infection.

In critical time, please self-check every morning in an environment with clean air. Serious excellent advice by Japanese doctors treating COVID-19 cases: Everyone should ensure your mouth & throat are moist, never dry. Take a few sips of water every 15 minutes at least. Why? Even if the virus gets into your mouth, drinking water or other liquids will wash  them down through your throat and into the stomach. Once there, your stomach acid will kill all the virus. If you don't drink enough water more regularly, the virus can enter your windpipe and into the lungs. That's very dangerous.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Japan said:

The new Coronavirus may not show sign of infection for many days. How can one know if he/she is infected? By the time they have fever and/or cough and go to the hospital, the lung is usually 50% Fibrosis and it's too late. Taiwan experts provide a simple self-check that we can do every morning. Take a deep breath and hold your breath for more than 10 seconds. If you complete it successfully without coughing, without discomfort, stiffness or tightness, etc., it proves there is no Fibrosis in the lungs, basically indicates no infection.

In critical time, please self-check every morning in an environment with clean air. Serious excellent advice by Japanese doctors treating COVID-19 cases: Everyone should ensure your mouth & throat are moist, never dry. Take a few sips of water every 15 minutes at least. Why? Even if the virus gets into your mouth, drinking water or other liquids will wash  them down through your throat and into the stomach. Once there, your stomach acid will kill all the virus. If you don't drink enough water more regularly, the virus can enter your windpipe and into the lungs. That's very dangerous.

According to https://www.thejournal.ie/coronavirus-factcheck-water-drinking-5042612-Mar2020/ and the BBC https://www.bbc.com/news/world-51735367 the water suggestion is incorrect. My guess is the breathing check is incorrect as well, otherwise I imagine most countries would be using this to test for the virus infection.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, chuckles73 said:

According to https://www.thejournal.ie/coronavirus-factcheck-water-drinking-5042612-Mar2020/ and the BBC https://www.bbc.com/news/world-51735367 the water suggestion is incorrect. My guess is the breathing check is incorrect as well, otherwise I imagine most countries would be using this to test for the virus infection.

The breathing technique is used extensively as a GP red flag room test . 

I assume you can swap wine for water :cigar:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Japan said:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/taiwan-experts-self-check/

... the internet ...

• Like 2

19 hours ago, FatPete said:

According to the WHO headaches are one of the common symptoms, but shortness of breath is the main distinguishing feature. 

IMG_3563.PNG

no medical expertise at all but headaches is something i have heard mentioned, as a symptom, many times. 

Yes, seen this dangerous and false list posted on many websites and groups already (Nextdoor, Facebook, ...)
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, PigFish said:

Half-Coronas size Limited Edicion... 

If infected, corona-reduction should always be done by half if possible... or if you prefer shrinking your Corona to 'petit' status, there are some less limited options available

I've added a useful link to the Johns Hopkins ArcGIS tracking map. My son works in GIS, he sent this link, which tracks a lot of useful details about the virus:

Web version: https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Mobile version: https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/85320e2ea5424dfaaa75ae62e5c06e61

It's got a lot of subpanels you can expand and toggle for different metrics. Wish we could embed the actual page here. 

• 4 weeks later...

Adding a little more reading in case anyone is interested in the discoveries and anecdotal feedback from the front lines in the war on COVID-19. 

There is growing evidence that intubation and ventilators may be overused and possibly doing harm to COVID-19 patients;

This video is from an ICU doctor in NYC, noting the concern with intubation:

This is from the front lines in NYC and other places based on observations in NYC, China and Italy, among others. It too suggests intubation may be the wrong care.

This next one is from Thailand, but seems linked to Chinese research:

And this is the underlying Chinese research:

It seems there is a pattern to all this, and it seems there is some growing body of anecdotal evidence that Covid is invading the hemoglobin, disassociating it from the iron ions, making it unable to convey oxygen or carbon dioxide, which in turn starvs the organs and causes iron oxidation and carbon dioxide poisoning. 

There is also a growing body of anecdotes about Cytokine Storms, where the immune system is overreacting to the virus and causing death. 

I'm not a physician, and not qualified in any way to assess the therapies or validity of these therapies or observations, I'm just sharing what appears to be interesting feedback from the field.