COVID-19 updates?

La_Tigre

Thought a boots on the ground thread would be good for those with trips planned in the near future.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/travel/cruise-ship-braemar-coronavirus-cuba.amp

Quite concerned how quickly this can set off lacking the proper PPE...

https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2020/03/13/business/13reuters-health-coronavirus-jamaica.html

On a side note, who else isn’t seeking 100 Cuban nurses to help them cope....??

I’m glad the cruise passengers and crew found some compassion in such a difficult situation. It is sad that they were denied entry to multiple ports.

Supposed to be flying down with my dad from April 1st to the 6th.  Currently have Jorge picking us up from the airport as well as taking us back, then a planned trip with him to Pinar Del Rio and then another day with him driving us around to hit all the LCDHs.  Been looking forward to this trip for months.  My father is 71 but in remarkably good health and is probably more physically fit than me.  Going to call him this afternoon to discuss our options and try and form some plan of action...

1 hour ago, Hafner32 said:

Supposed to be flying down with my dad from April 1st to the 6th.  Currently have Jorge picking us up from the airport as well as taking us back, then a planned trip with him to Pinar Del Rio and then another day with him driving us around to hit all the LCDHs.  Been looking forward to this trip for months.  My father is 71 but in remarkably good health and is probably more physically fit than me.  Going to call him this afternoon to discuss our options and try and form some plan of action...

Literally just had Jorge drop us off at the airport. Most shows and activities are all cancelled with no future opening. Farms aren’t really receiving clients as well. Just a heads up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Isaac said:

Literally just had Jorge drop us off at the airport. Most shows and activities are all cancelled with no future opening. Farms aren’t really receiving clients as well. Just a heads up. 

When you left Cuba, is the airport security the same, or are they implementing any different screening measures? Same for US Customs. Thanks!

We just got back this past Sunday,3/15, and things were looking grim. Glad we made it back. The morning we left, they refused to let Arturo and I to smoke inside the LCDH Habana Libre citing the virus. They sent us out to the cafe which then try to demand that we make a purchase to stay. We already bought two cigars to smoke THEN they tell us!  ???

• 5 months later...

Spoke to a close friend in the Havana area over the weekend an apparently Havana is in a new 2 week lockdown this week due to resurgence in covid cases. He mentioned something like 60-70 cases per day resurgence. Not looking good to see Cuba reopen its borders in 2020 at this point. Certainly a difficult time for them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2020 at 2:31 AM, javithewrench said:

Booked a flight for first week in March, hoping everything is back to somewhat normal.

Hope to make it there sooner but hopes aren’t high at this point.

There is an article today in directoriocubano that it anticipates that normal tourists will be able to enter November 1st. John

That would be nice but I’d also need the 2 week quarantine requirement upon my return to be over. If so I’d go mid November. I already have a week booked off work then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Update Nov 15th 2020 -

Havana airport resumes operations Today. US flights starting on Thursday. From LA and Houston I heard. American Airlines and Delta from what I understand.

Visitors are going to be tested at the airport with rapid Covid test (nothing in Cuba is rapid, expect a sh** show of long lines). They should travel with a certification they had a previous test for Covid in their own countries. If you are going to stay in a private house, you must stay confined in the house for 7 days, meaning minimum contact with outside world. They will pay you a visit later and then you can go outside. That's the info updated yesterday at the news. That shall change though but this is the protocol for now.

Stay safe everyone.

• Thanks 1