No time like the present...

A little Bushido action today.
image.png.bf0227a2a0299b60ce3ec963d41bd8e7.png
These have gone for over $2K a box on FOH Auctions with the fees. $80+ a stick!

Very nice. Yes I know I say those insane prices, on top of 13.5 percent is crazy for a cigar.
Wanna sell one for original MSRP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

...to smoke those cigars you've kept your hands off of for months or years. Too special. Considering the current state of affairs I am a bit concerned if something drastic happens I may never get

Funny you mention this topic. A couple of months ago I decided I was done buying LE and RE so I started smoking through them every day and have not touched any regular production in a couple of months

Finally broke down and cracked my last box of the Grandes de España, this box from 2005. Glad I did, they're really good!

3 minutes ago, havanaclub said:

Very nice. Yes I know I say those insane prices, on top of 13.5 percent is crazy for a cigar.
Wanna sell one for original MSRP? emoji1787.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About $28/stick was the best price I recall seeing on release.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, inter4alia said:

Custom "Cohiba Talisman." Probably as close as I will get to the real thing. 

20200513_163803.jpg

There's always next year's Fall boxpass.....

• Like 1

On 4/25/2020 at 8:29 PM, JohnS said:

1350399975_2020-04-2011_34_29.jpg.7926681ed3ea663bfabb52291b9c0996.jpg

Cohiba Reserva Seleccion Piramides 2003

373615203_2020-04-2014_50_34.jpg.7be702f6407551af40f4231638e331c9.jpg

Cohiba Piramides Extra 2012

Very interested in hearing your thoughts on the comparison between these two beauties John.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JohnS said:

Very, very different cigars, let me tell you Kurt. Below are excerpts from my notes on them as a comparative guide...

Cohiba Pirámides 2003 - Reserva Selección

This Cohiba Piramides Reserva Seleccion from 2003 was nothing like the 2012 Cohiba Piramides Extra in its blend. I would equate it more with the Linea 1492 series rather than the Linea Clasica. This cigar was all refined grass/hay throughout. In the the initial third there were hints of light milk coffee, but the smooth grass/hay combined with strong cedar notes dominated. There was a delightful creamy texture to this cigar from the beginning and this continued throughout the smoke.

Into the middle third I picked up some vanilla bean notes and quite marveled at how smooth the cigar was to retrohale through the nose. This continued into the last third where the intensity barely raised itself and the retrohale was just as smooth to my senses as it was in the middle of the cigar.

Cohiba Piramides Extra 2012

The Cohiba Piramides Extra is a rich cigar best savoured on a special occasion and smoked slowly, in my opinion. I have always found them on the stronger side, even after 5 years of age or more. This cigar was full of mocha coffee and Earthy flavours from the get-go until the end. It settled towards the end of the first third where I was able to make out some buttery notes, honey sweetness and a little orange citrus. I retrohaled a few times during this smoke but the spice through the nose was so intense that I was reticent to retrohale more than this.

In comparison to the special release Cohiba Piramides Seleccion Reserva I enjoyed from 2003 prior to smoking this cigar, the two cigars couldn't be more polar opposite. The 2012 Piramides Extra was fuller in strength, fuller in flavour and consisted of mainly strong mocha coffee, Earth, a buttery texture, some honey sweetness and a hint of orange citrus. The 2003 Seleccion Reserva Piramides was much milder in strength, more subtle and nuanced in flavour and consisted mainly of refined grass/hay, a creamy texture, cedar, light milk coffee and vanilla bean notes.

Thanks for sharing John. Very interesting and informative. I have been fortunate enough to try a Reserva seleccion especiales and found it similar in descript as your observations and noted how well the cedar completed the smooth milk coffee and hay

• Like 2

Just now, Chucko8 said:

Thanks for sharing John. Very interesting and informative. I have been fortunate enough to try a Reserva seleccion especiales and found it similar in descript as your observations and noted how well the cedar completed the smooth milk coffee and hay

I think that era around 2003 was quite special for Cohiba leaf. Firstly, the 2003 Siglo VI and then this first Reserva Seleccion series. I bet you wish you could have another Cohiba Reserva 2003 cigar right now, just like I do! ? ?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, JohnS said:

I think that era around 2003 was quite special for Cohiba leaf. Firstly, the 2003 Siglo VI and then this first Reserva Seleccion series. I bet you wish you could have another Cohiba Reserva 2003 cigar right now, just like I do! ? ?

Hell yes mate, if only there was one in my hand right now!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, inter4alia said:

SUA Oct 02 Partagas Corona. What a beautiful morning smoke. 

This used to be one of my favorite smokes, which I discovered way too late before they landed on the chopping block. I wish I had been charmed soon enough to load up on these gems. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bdw1984 said:

02 Ninfa.  A long lost classic from a long lost brand.  Amazing cigar.

IMG_7387.jpeg

Man. I miss the Ninfas!

2 minutes ago, Habana Mike said:

Man. I miss the Ninfas!

I miss the whole Punch brand.  These were special cigars, no doubt.  Sour fruit, woody, strong, perfect.

• Like 4