What's this weekend look like for you

What's this weekend look like for you ?

:thinking:

Self Isolating? Dinner? Beach? Foetal Position?

I plan on taking Di, my kids and their partners for dinner at a restaurant going through a hard time.  It looks like the government is introducing new laws later today limiting restaurants to no more than 25 people and a minimum distance of 1 square meeting between patrons.  That should make conversation interesting :cigar:

Beach Sunday. Sunshine, sand, surf, solitude and a cigar. 

• Like 1

Well I live in the SF Bay Area so we are under a "shelter in place" since Wednesday.  My girlfriend and I started getting ready for what seemed like the inevitable 3 weeks ago.  While at the time she thought I was crazy to be buying so much stuff in case we were stuck at home for 2 months, I reminded her we should probably have this I case there's an earthquake so don't give we a hard time.  So we avoided all the insanity at the stores. I kinda look like a hero now. 

So, we'll both be enjoying cigars, drinking really good wine, bourbon and rum and playing with my Australian Shepherd, Havana.  Today is her 12th birthday and while she's slowed down quite a bit, she still loves to play. Having her with us has been great and puts a smile on our faces during this really difficult time here. 

I quit my job months ago to study full time for the LSAT so this has not been a huge change for me.  Having my girlfriend home with me all the time?  That has been.  But we're doing just fine. 

Oh...and thank goodness my girlfriend loves cigars and enjoys smoking them inside! ?❤️

Hang in there everyone. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

What's this weekend look like for you ?

:thinking:

Self Isolating? Dinner? Beach? Foetal Position?

I plan on taking Di, my kids and their partners for dinner at a restaurant going through a hard time.  It looks like the government is introducing new laws later today limiting restaurants to no more than 25 people and a minimum distance of 1 square meeting between patrons.  That should make conversation interesting :cigar:

Beach Sunday. Sunshine, sand, surf, solitude and a cigar. 

New restaurant dress codes: No hazmat suit, no service. :P

• Haha 1

The Governor has ordered all "non-life sustaining" businesses in PA closed. All restaurants are take out only and we are encouraged to practice social distancing and voluntary isolation. So I shall be socially distancing myself on the front porch, reading a book I planned to read over the summer (yeah!) and putting a dent in the humidor and liquor cabinet. But no too big of a dent, since all of the liquor stores are considered "non-life sustaining" and are therefore closed. Who decided that?

Oh, can cooking something nice for the wife so I am allowed to smoke and drink all weekend.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Smatthews607 said:

But no too big of a dent, since all of the liquor stores are considered "non-life sustaining" and are therefore closed. Who decided that?

That is a bummer. We have state-run liquor stores in Virginia, too, but the email from them today notes: "The law creating the Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Authority deems the exercise of our powers and duties as the performance of an essential governmental function and a matter of public necessity." I had no idea.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

In all seriousness, it's closing in around us.  Friends and loved ones coming into contact with positive cases.  Time to do our part and stay home.  We will grill some spectacular meals on the egg, work on puzzles, and actually try to unplug.  Feels like an ignorance is bliss situation.  I was actually thinking about putting up some Christmas lights to spread some cheer and joy.  I'm concerned about young kids that are old enough to understand something is wrong but internalize everything.  Maybe lights will cheer them up, and myself for that matter.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chris12381 said:

So, we'll both be enjoying cigars, drinking really good wine, bourbon and rum and playing with my Australian Shepherd, Havana.  Today is her 12th birthday and while she's slowed down quite a bit, she still loves to play. Having her with us has been great and puts a smile on our faces during this really difficult time here. 

We have a 14 year old Aussie.  Amazing, beautiful animals.  Loves her Frisbee.  Our walks right now help keep both of us sane!

• Like 2

Hopefully a cigar tonight with some rum. Saturday exercising in the morning and visiting my Mum in the afternoon. Sunday putting up a CCTV system around the house (not worriied about covid-19 zombies just something I haven't got to for a while) and smoking up a brisket on the Weber!

• Like 3

Well I live in the SF Bay Area so we are under a "shelter in place" since Wednesday.  My girlfriend and I started getting ready for what seemed like the inevitable 3 weeks ago.  While at the time she thought I was crazy to be buying so much stuff in case we were stuck at home for 2 months, I reminded her we should probably have this I case there's an earthquake so don't give we a hard time.  So we avoided all the insanity at the stores. I kinda look like a hero now. 
I quit my job months ago to study full time for the LSAT so this has not been a huge change for me.  Having my girlfriend home with me all the time?  That has been.  But we're doing just fine. 
Oh...and thank goodness my girlfriend loves cigars and enjoys smoking them inside!
Hang in there everyone. 

Good for you. In Nashville, been hunkered in since Friday. Wife also thought I was insane for bumping up supplies when the first cases hit in Washington.

You know, there’s still time to not take the LSAT and enjoy the rest of your life.

Shelter in place and I’m looking for a new job - not the greatest time to be searching right now but I am averaging one phone interview a day and had a verbal offer (though the written one seems to be delayed).

Board games, working out on my elliptical and/or rowing machine. Walks in the woods. Will step up my booze sales so I don’t have to dip into the savings too much while out of work. Most of the cigars I wanted to sell are thankfully already gone. Still plenty left to smoke.

32 minutes ago, Brian24 said:

You know, there’s still time to not take the LSAT and enjoy the rest of your life.

Hogwash.  It's a great life if you're suited for it and most are not.  Too many go to law school for the wrong reasons.  Don't be one of them and you'll be happy and do well. 

But get ready to work really, really hard.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dicko said:

Hopefully a cigar tonight with some rum. Saturday exercising in the morning and visiting my Mum in the afternoon. Sunday putting up a CCTV system around the house (not worriied about covid-19 zombies just something I haven't got to for a while) and smoking up a brisket on the Weber!

Who cares about Covid-19 zombies?! I'm worried about TP thieves!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rcarlson said:

Hogwash.  It's a great life if you're suited for it and most are not.  Too many go to law school for the wrong reasons.  Don't be one of them and you'll be happy and do well. 

But get ready to work really, really hard.  

I thought people went to law school so they could do this....

• Haha 1

In lieu of our cancelled foray to Seattle to see Joe Bonamassa Saturday, my buddy and I will get together for some gourmet BBQ (his area of expertise), some Cuban cigars from the special shelves of my humidor, and some anti-virus alcoholic beverages. Seems like a perfectly reasonable response given the circumstances. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m flying back home (SYD) tomorrow to do the last flight before my company pulls out of operating there til end of April or who knows when. Gonna be very melancholy for sure. 

• Sad 2