What's this weekend look like for you

Oof. Not much to do here. Everything is ordered shut. Hairdressers, beaches, theaters, parks, non essential stores, ect. Only pharmacies and grocers are allowed to be open. Restaurants only for take-away. Curfew from 6 pm-6 am. All govt services shut until 29th.

Grocer shelves are full so that is a good thing. At first there was a run on essentials, but things have calmed and shops have everything in good quantity. Shopping trolleys were being sprayed and wiped with disinfectant prior to being offered to customers.

So my play is to cook a curry and burn down some cigars :D

Catch up on some filing. Soft and hard.

Check in on my mother, she's managing fine. Kind of loving this in an odd way.

I'll try to get the kids out to a beach or a walk in the country.

A weekend of TED-ED Youtube videos will count as some home-schooling. Plus Duolingo Spanish with both of them.

Sample some rum and cigars.

Maybe have a shave..

Golf.  New club rules, No Caddies.  Only 1 person per golf cart.

I have a feeling with these new rules, we are going to run out of carts, so I put in for early morning tee times on both Saturday and Sunday so I can get a cart before they are all gone.

• Like 1

Weather here is uncooperative for outdoor activities.  OTB is closed.  Looks like this is the weekend to make a pot of chili and watch a bunch of movies with the wife.  Thank you to all for your top 5 lists.  It reminded me of some favorites I'll be firing up again.  Also, I'll make sure to call all of my family this weekend since everyone is feeling pretty uneasy.  I know my daughter in Cali needed to hear from her dad earlier this week so I'm making sure I reach out to everyone.

• Like 1

Living in MA here, some are anticipating shelter in place similar to California but we will see...thankfully my cigar, food and liquor stock is good so I have no problem hunkering down for the near future.

Some good games and media I’ve been putting off for too long. 
Stay smart and keep washing those hands, gents.

Going to do the spring detail on the wife's car a little earlier this season.  Have the time now.  Also kicked off the cycling season a little earlier since going to the gym seems iffy right now.

40 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Going to do the spring detail on the wife's car a little earlier this season.  Have the time now.  Also kicked off the cycling season a little earlier since going to the gym seems iffy right now.

Be careful on your bike! A drunk kid ended my cycling one Saturday morning (6:31am when my watch stopped).

• Sad 1

I will be working all weekend. My job is considered "essential". Plus side to this is there is no more traffic on these Los Angeles freeways. My normal commute of an hour and a half is now about 20 minutes. 

2 hours ago, TBird55 said:

Be careful on your bike! A drunk kid ended my cycling one Saturday morning (6:31am when my watch stopped).

Been at it almost 40 years with only a few bad ones.

6 hours ago, SigmundChurchill said:

Golf.  New club rules, No Caddies.  Only 1 person per golf cart.

I have a feeling with these new rules, we are going to run out of carts, so I put in for early morning tee times on both Saturday and Sunday so I can get a cart before they are all gone.

You are better off than my club, we are closed.  We may walk and carry. No Carts No Caddies no range or Pro Shop. No Men's grill or Clubhouse access. 

37 minutes ago, iGrizz said:

Just another weekend at work, aircraft still flying and still need maintenance.

20200320_161311.jpg

Thank you for your work maintaining a supply chain !

My company has announced an air cargo bridge and happy they do it.

https://www.stattimes.com/news/lufthansa-to-prepare-air-bridge-for-supplies-to-germany-during-covid-19-epidemic-air-cargo/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wineguy said:

You are better off than my club, we are closed.  We may walk and carry. No Carts No Caddies no range or Pro Shop. No Men's grill or Clubhouse access. 

Not anymore.  We got an email today saying that the governor shut down all “social clubs” which includes country clubs.  They said we have 24 hours to get our bags out of the bag room and then it will be closed.  I drove over and picked up my and the kids bags.  Thankfully, I have a nice pull cart at home.

30 minutes ago, SigmundChurchill said:

Not anymore.  We got an email today saying that the governor shut down all “social clubs” which includes country clubs.  They said we have 24 hours to get our bags out of the bag room and then it will be closed.  I drove over and picked up my and the kids bags.  Thankfully, I have a nice pull cart at home.

We had the same message about our bags a couple days ago.....  I also smoke at the Duquesne Club which was shut down about a week ago.  I am guessing we are looking at June.

45 minutes ago, wineguy said:

We had the same message about our bags a couple days ago.....  I also smoke at the Duquesne Club which was shut down about a week ago.  I am guessing we are looking at June.

Hopefully June.  The way I’m looking at it, is I will be saving a lot of money on cart fees, caddie fees, and the food minimum was suspended, so I’m saving money there too.  That buys a lot of cigars!

• Haha 2

My “spirit consultant” store now offers phone orders and car delivery for regulars. So stocking order placed this evening to be picked up in the a.m.  a little late on the vermouth though. Only 375’s of Dolins were left. Clearly a run on martinis and manhattans in the works. 

a shout out to all those who encouraged FOH hoarding when I joined last summer. Not all are aged as I would like but I am well supplied with sticks as the airmail supply chain gets sorted out. 

Oh, and basement flooded so I’ll be cleaning that up this weekend. And smoking some ribs. 

Due to all pubs closing it looks like a quiet one in for me.

Luckily, I had a bottle of Cubay 10 year old turn up earlier in the week, along with a RASS, a Famoso and a Cohiba robusto to keep me occupied.

Games and cooking with the kids, Netflix, whole record/deep listening between the headphones, wine and bourbon, a cigar or two if I can bear the temp in the garage (unfortunately quite cold around Toronto this weekend).  

My wife and kids haven't left our neighborhood/home sine the ninth, I've done a few trips for food and liquor. My wife has been asked to help coordinate Nike with local medical providers to see if they can produce masks and whole face protectors with the Flyknit machines. As there are also a lot of people at Nike with sewing expertise they are asking those people to sew masks as well. This weekend will be hanging around our house and property with our three young children - perhaps an afternoon cigar in the shed! Stay home and stay safe people.

Saturday. Vacuumed the house. 7 minute work out times 3. Cooked lasagne, froze some.

Sunday. Cooked tikka masala broad beans. Did the Laundry. Played the F1 game on my phone as there is no racing to watch. 

Was going to go Kayaking on the Yarra but the parks etc were packed. Staying away.

64CB1A79-9FFF-4560-BAAE-38456544C550.png