Video Review - Vegas Robaina Famoso - ARS OCT 19

MoeFOH

Good fun. Didn't get bored. Got late....

4 minutes ago, db13 said:

@Ken Gargett The plastic bottles have seemed to increased drastically. I take it you are franticly running experiments for a radical new cure to COVID-19 in those bottles?

drought broke and i could refill. finally. they were getting very low. 

you want something that would kill this virus stone dead? try steve's rum. 

• Haha 3

Good review guys!  The VR Famoso as well as the Unico are several cigars that I have been watching and listening to reviews while thinking about adding to my purchase list.  You've reinforced that it should be on my list as well as does need to be put away .... Confusingly, I also see a lot of members smoking relatively young cigars in the "FOH'ers Daily Smoke".  Every time I try one of my young CC's; I end up committing to not touching them for a few years.  Seems as though I have the aged CC disease!  That's too bad for my budget and humidor space.

Thoroughly entertaining boys. I genuinely chuckled out loud at the F1 crack. 

And let’s be real, the NC market might be stuck on what’s new and hot, but the CC regular production market is just the same, you never know what you’re gonna get year to year, let alone out of the same box!

Cheers friends ?

@El Presidente, @Ken Gargett - thanks for another fun review.  While the world is basically sitting at home, trying to find stuff to do, these reviews are a great distraction (even for just 15 min or so).

One request?  I’ve really enjoyed rotating in the moderators lately ( @Fuzz, @MoeFOH ) and I’d love to see even more guest appearances during the COVID crisis.  Any chance you guys could accommodate additional “3rd wheels” in the future?

I mean, you know this is an issue of a global scale when people are waiting anxiously for the next video featuring you two!  ?

Be safe.  Wash your hands.

- Wheezy

5 hours ago, BTWheezy said:

@El Presidente, @Ken Gargett - thanks for another fun review.  While the world is basically sitting at home, trying to find stuff to do, these reviews are a great distraction (even for just 15 min or so).

One request?  I’ve really enjoyed rotating in the moderators lately ( @Fuzz, @MoeFOH ) and I’d love to see even more guest appearances during the COVID crisis.  Any chance you guys could accommodate additional “3rd wheels” in the future?

I mean, you know this is an issue of a global scale when people are waiting anxiously for the next video featuring you two!  ?

Be safe.  Wash your hands.

- Wheezy

just so as i understand, as the world shuts down and isolates, you want more people on the balcony?

nice thought but realistically, i suspect we have done our last video for a while. hopefully not, but increasing numbers is perhaps not an immediate priority. 

6 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

just so as i understand, as the world shuts down and isolates, you want more people on the balcony?

Ken wanted to initiate a 1.5 metre distancing rule!!!!

He initially had me sitting at the end of the deck walkway. 

Reviews will continue with or without Ken.  The world needs us ;)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

Ken wanted to initiate a 1.5 metre distancing rule!!!!

He initially had me sitting at the end of the deck walkway. 

Reviews will continue with or without Ken.  The world needs us ;)

Perhaps you can record a video conference review (if Ken can work out how to get hooked up for video conferencing), then splice the 2 recordings into the one video?

12 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

Perhaps you can record a video conference review (if Ken can work out how to get hooked up for video conferencing), then splice the 2 recordings into the one video?

....you do realise that Ken struggles to operate his toaster. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, El Presidente said:

....you do realise that Ken struggles to operate his toaster. 

oh, talk about the ultimate pot kettle.

week after week i watch you fumble about with that remote control as though you have just found some alien artifact. three year olds would do better. it spends half its time being dropped on the floor. how many times (so so so many) have we had to reshoot because you did not have it on or it was on when it was not supposed to be.

not since this video anyway!! 

you have been saved, so many times by your "editors". 

• Haha 1

Talking of editing, what's happened to the outtakes? Or are the reviews themselves now regarded as one long outtake?

Sent from GJ 1151

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Akela3rd said:

Talking of editing, what's happened to the outtakes? Or are the reviews themselves now regarded as one long outtake? emoji16.png

Sent from GJ 1151

Yeah, I've tended to leave things in place instead of cutting as an outtake, unless I thought it was funnier (or whatever) in isolation. Quite often I find there's not much that falls into that category. 

What we should do is leave the camera on in between thirds. There lieth a treasure trove. :cigar:

• Like 2