FoH Newbie/Veteran Handicapped Boxpass 2020 Official Thread!!!

I was in as a newbie for the last iteration, so if there’s still a spot, I’d be in...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Appreciate you    I will be sending out messages soon, thanks for participating. Everyone should have received a pm from me with more specifics, if you did not please let me know

With the way things are going mid to late June is looking like a reasonable start period, just as an update 

Yes I should have clarified that, @cfc1016 is correct, if you participated in the first or second then you are a vet. I understand you may or may not have 10+ year old stock but probably have more var

...the recently postponed 2020 version.

• Like 1

I’m waiting to fob off the RA Silver Jubilee from the Christmas sampler.

Too big for me! ?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Chas.Alpha said:

I’m waiting to fob off the RA Silver Jubilee from the Christmas sampler.

Too big for me! ?

They were up yesterday/right now aren't they? 

I would be interested as a newbie. I have a total of 140 CCs all of which procured on 24:24 over the last year. I read the old thread that cfc1016 ran and if I have the gist of it right, there is one box that gets shipped around by the 30 participants and each one posts their proposed puts and takes (based on a point scale where the newbies get a handicap) and once approved is accomplished and the box moved on. Please correct me if I am grossly in error.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, FireMedic said:

They were up yesterday/right now aren't they? 

Think so. 55 gauge is just not a cigar I would smoke. I want some points for that! ? Also, I almost feel it my duty to share a late ‘18 Fundadores. These are BRILLIANT!!!

21 minutes ago, elousv said:

I would be interested as a newbie. I have a total of 140 CCs all of which procured on 24:24 over the last year. I read the old thread that cfc1016 ran and if I have the gist of it right, there is one box that gets shipped around by the 30 participants and each one posts their proposed puts and takes (based on a point scale where the newbies get a handicap) and once approved is accomplished and the box moved on. Please correct me if I am grossly in error.

That's the basic gist of it, yeah! More specific procedures come into play later on, but those will all be elaborated in detail as necessary.  Glad to hear more newbies still takin an interest!

Very interested as a newbie. Joined in January 2020 and have been making many 24:24 quarter box purchases since beginning of February to try a variety and figure out what I like initially. Most of these are from 2019. Impatiently waiting for tax season to end and resting time since delivery to try a few!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/23/2020 at 5:25 PM, elousv said:

On 3/24/2020 at 10:52 AM, chadlevan said:

Very interested as a newbie. Joined in January 2020 and have been making many 24:24 quarter box purchases since beginning of February to try a variety and figure out what I like initially. Most of these are from 2019. Impatiently waiting for tax season to end and resting time since delivery to try a few!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got both of you added. We are doing pretty solid getting the newbs, we definitely need a few more wily veterans!

I will post up a more descriptive rules/guidelines probably sometime this weekend, as I'm on tour until Friday. Let's keep it going 

Alright we are moving far enough along in interest, I think we can get to enough to make this happen by this summer, as long as Covid-19 cooperates. I will be putting up the official thread with the guidelines and rules and everything probably sometime today

Hi FireMedic, just confirming that the "BGFPhotography@ymail...." is where we should email info to?  Thanks again for doing this.

9 minutes ago, armada_crew said:

Hi FireMedic, just confirming that the "BGFPhotography@ymail...." is where we should email info to?  Thanks again for doing this.

yes sir that would be correct

• Like 1

I'm interested in joining as a newbie as well, getting ready to shoot you an email. Looking forward to it!

27 minutes ago, UnoMas said:

I'm interested in joining as a newbie as well, getting ready to shoot you an email. Looking forward to it!

Got you on the list

• Like 1

Still have a few spots open, coming along very nice at the moment. Waiting some emails from some participants, want to send out the reply in as much of a bulk send as possible. Targeting possibly just after memorial day to start the pass, obviously keeping an eye on the current situation 

• Like 2