CIGAR REVIEW: COHIBA MADURO 5 GENIOS

I puffed this cigar during today's virtual FOH herf. Too bad that I was interrupted by convenience store staff for just sitting too long without buying anything, so I had to go back to my home ASAP. The 60+ days of resting period provided better smoking experience with more flavor compare to 30 days of resting period (as JohnS mentioned, it is young cigar but not harsh) ?! I also found that I really like the Colibri V-Cut, since it allowed me to feel the intensity of the cigar even more (used Colibri V-Cut on this cigar) ?!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, LonesomeHabanoAficionado said:

The 60+ days of resting period provided better smoking experience with more flavor compare to 30 days of resting period (as JohnS mentioned, it is young cigar but not harsh) 

This is one of the advantages of Maduro- a powerful taste suppresses the roughness of a young cigars

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nKostyan said:

This is one of the advantages of Maduro- a powerful taste suppresses the roughness of a young cigars

Definitely nKostyan! Glad that I learned the magic of longer resting period! I always felt the harshness when I rest them only 30 days except Connie A. Can't wait to try 90 days of resting period ?! The experience with Maduro cigars are different from other regular production cigars TBH.

Definitely nKostyan! Glad that I learned the magic of longer resting period! I always felt the harshness when I rest them only 30 days except Connie A. Can't wait to try 90 days of resting period ! The experience with Maduro cigars are different from other regular production cigars TBH.

I rather meant aging. Acclimatization in my experience can take up to a year
  • Like 1

I rather meant aging. Acclimatization in my experience can take up to a year

Thanks mate! Maduro 5 cigars are made of aged leaves (5yr wrapper, 3yr filler&binder), so I believe it is approchable at young age.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, poolmar said:

didnt like any of this range..they tasted like non cuban cigars

Yeah, I found Maduro 5 cigars are different from other Cohiba cigars. To be honest, I prefer the flavour profile of Connie A over Maduro 5 Genios' (they are identical in terms of size, but Connie A is much cheaper than Maduro 5 cigars).