the official (unofficial) Nick Cave appreciation thread

The Squiggler

Seems like as good a time as any to give a nod to my favorite Australian songwriter, Nick Cave.  From punk to Vegas swing, he has done it all. 

Does anybody else like this stuff?  Post your favorites here ?

This one's a punk classic--Boy Hero--the B-side to a cover of 'these boots...'

And this is a great dark ballad married to an absolutely ridiculous music video

I'm probably alone here, but for some reason I had ol' Nick on the mind tonight.  Cheers!

I love Nick Cave. He's coming to town (Toronto) in September. Hopefully all this hubbub will be settled by then.

Probably favourite track is above, the Weeping Song. I do have to give a shout out to the Murder Ballads as a whole, phenomenally atmospheric. Red Right Hand, Tupelo. And of course As I sat Sadly By Her Side are some of the top tracks I go to constantly.

I got into them from Wings of Desire when it was released in 1991. Actually, that's a lie. I found out about him from the movie. Listening to alternative music in my youth his music was always in the background in my life's soundtrack. Getting into his music was bit roundabout though. I was more into Einsturzende Neubauten (Blixa's real band). THen around 1996 two things happened, Murder Ballads came out  and I found out Blixa was part of the Bad Seeds. The rest, as part of my Nick Cave love, is history.