self isolation: top 3 films to revisit?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Big Lebowski Donnie Brasco The King of New York

I was actually planning an Eddie Murphy marathon this weekend, starting with: Beverly Hills Cop 1 48 hours Trading Places and I know you only asked for 3, but ‘Coming To America’ w

The Departed Airplane! Pulp Fiction  

Ford vs. Ferrari  I watched it on the plane back from OZ and would like to see it on a normal screen.  

Motherless Brooklyn  Good detective movie that I feel you need to see more then once.  

Any accurate history movie I always enjoy, such as The Darkest Hour

I’m due for a run through Godfather. 

2nd will be Usual Suspects, been at least a decade. Who is Keyser Soze? 

Finally, it’s almost Easter and I haven’t watched the Passion of the Christ since it was in theaters, so that will be my third pick.  

I'm on a Le Carre' kick.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, the feature film with Gary Oldman and the BBC series which is available on You Tube.

The Constant Gardner

The Spy Who Came In From The Cold

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SigmundChurchill said:

I was actually planning an Eddie Murphy marathon this weekend, starting with:

Beverly Hills Cop 1

48 hours

Trading Places

and I know you only asked for 3, but ‘Coming To America’ was 4th in my itinerary.

Eddie Murphy. What a riot. I remember listening to an old cassette tape of Eddie Murphy Raw on my Walkman back in the day. Never laughed so hard. 

• Like 3

I was just pondering some movies I'd like to see again this weekend and my mind went to these:

Let it Ride

Pope of Greenwich Village 

Sherlock Holmes (Guy Richie version)

3 hours ago, Kitchen said:

Ford vs. Ferrari  I watched it on the plane back from OZ and would like to see it on a normal screen.  

Motherless Brooklyn  Good detective movie that I feel you need to see more then once.  

Any accurate history movie I always enjoy, such as The Darkest Hour

I really enjoyed Ford vs Ferrari.  For me, it's a tie for best movie last year with The Joker.

Nice list

9 minutes ago, Chef said:

Eddie Murphy. What a riot. I remember listening to an old cassette tape of Eddie Murphy Raw on my Walkman back in the day. Never laughed so hard. 

I might have to find the Raw video this weekend too.  ?

I'll probably have to whip out the Lord of the Rings Extended Editions at some point.  At roughly 11.5 hours it's probably the most bang I can get for my buck, unless I decide to start watching Bollywood films (which I very well might do if I get desperate).

• Like 1

need a laugh so classic comedies on tap:
Easy Money (most underrated comedy of all time in my opinion)
Revenge of the Nerds
but then after laughing so much I need some action so:  First Blood 

You will be shocked at some of those 80s comedies like Revenge of the Nerds and some of the stuff we found hilarious as kids but are big no nos now days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bords said:

You will be shocked at some of those 80s comedies like Revenge of the Nerds and some of the stuff we found hilarious as kids but are big no nos now days.

Revenge of the Nerds, Porky's, etc... certainly a bit rapey by today's standards, but I think they're useful as historical documents.  Watching them sheds a bit of light on how much things have changed in a relatively short period of time... and if you're 'woke' enough you can have a nice ironic laugh at how primitive the humor is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bords said:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

oh no Im not shocked at all...I dont give a flying fig about what are no nos today...those movies are hilarious and stand the test of time for me...

• Like 1

1. The Jerk - Absolute classic Steve Martin. Aged amazingly well. Between this and The Big Lebowski, the two greatest comedies of all-time.

2. The Godfather Trilogy. Yes, the trilogy you bunch of jerks. Even the third has a place. 

3. Full Metal Jacket. I'm way too young to have any first hand knowledge of the Vietnam War, but this is a heavy, heavy movie with more quotable lines than most. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SmokyFontaine said:

2. The Godfather Trilogy. Yes, the trilogy you bunch of jerks. Even the third has a place. 

Seems too easy to say "da turd's" place is in da toilet. ?

• Haha 1