self isolation: stuff you have bought online....that you probably didn't need to?

Self isolation: stuff you have bought online....that you probably didn't need to?

Glass half full....you are simply pumping up the global economy when it needs it...you are a hero! :spotlight:

Glass half empty....we have waaaaay to much time on our hands accompanied by an extra glass of something and questionable judgement :party:

What have you purchased in the last 20 days that you are now thinking...."Really"  :lookaround:

Let me kick off. 

Chin up Bar.     :shead:

• Haha 3

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last Saturday night my wife got so drunk, she ordered $60 worth of Skittles and Starbursts.  When they arrived hours later, she had already forgotten that she ordered them. Not to be outdone, all

It is now 3:00 am. Perhaps I should have waited until morning to try out the machine...

I'll confess, this is the first thing I mentally pictured.  

USB port for Bluetooth speaker. Thought it just clicked in place to replace the damaged one. Turns out it's a full strip down, desolder circuit board, rebuild job. Will have to delve into the depths of the garage to find my soldering kit.
But it'll wait till the weekend as I'm still at work in the great (and very quiet) outdoors. Enjoy your isolation Homeboys!

Sent from GJ 1151

I have been pretty good only bought 4 dozen Titleist Pro v1x's for the price of 3 and personalized.. special out there for all who need.. only issue is i don't know when i will ever be able to play golf again...

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, alloy said:

A pack of tp on amazon. That was shipped from......china.....?

RUT ROW!

Aside from cigars (Bought myself a box of 2014 MDO4's and a box of RA Club Allones 2015-LE)

Electric shaver and replacement electric toothbrush heads... nothing too fun.  But the fiancé bought a new desk for the house due to the "work from home" state we are in and I had to put that together.. again, nothing too fun...  

9 hours ago, agentdaffy007 said:

Another watch strap for my Omega Planet Ocean 39.5

Do I need an orange strap? Not really but hey, if I can't shop outside, I'll shop online.

I also invested in a new, unnecessary watch strap, but for my PAM 112. Beyond that, I’ve apparently decided to upgrade all my wallets (one did need to be replaced). Instagram leather makers are all giving out promo codes so I ordered a new credit card wallet with colored thread and a new “front pocket” wallet for general duty. 

I haven’t bought any new cigar accessories but it’s only a matter of time . . . and wine. 

• Like 1

I've made another order for pipe tobacco.

Considering how short a time I've been smoking pipes, and how much tobacco i already have hoarded away, definitely a superfluous purchase. 

But as El Prez said:

11 hours ago, El Presidente said:

simply pumping up the global economy when it needs it...you are a hero!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, captaincaveman said:

Considering buying a flowbee to cut my hair ?

I considered the same thing or other electric clippers.  They say "directions included" to cut your own hair.  Decided a hat was a better option probably.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Doesn't exactly meet the criterion of "Really", but ordered some resistance bands (tubes with attachable handles). Been doing well with body weight training, but wanted  perhaps to be able to fine tune / have a little variation. Due in in a day or two - I'm pretty sure I'll use them more than your chin bar  :lol3::lol3::lol3:

On 3/31/2020 at 10:11 AM, alloy said:

A pack of tp on amazon. That was shipped from......china.....?

*** So did I - only I caught them just in time as it was a case of false advertising. They pictured what appeared to be a 12 roll amount. And I selected I believe 8 rolls. This was pictured as I mentioned. When I checked back, the picture had changed to another brand, only 3 rolls in the picture this time - and with a larger inner role meaning less paper than the one originally pictured with a smaller inner role. Plus the shipment date changed from mid-April to mid-May. I contacted the seller, made my complaints, corrections, etc. Turns out - the price I was gonna pay - $8.99 - WAS FOR ONE ROLL. It DID NOT say that in my order. So Amazon promptly refunded my money. TSK TSK TSK to some people :no: