self isolation: stuff you have bought online....that you probably didn't need to?

On 3/31/2020 at 8:55 AM, lovethehaze said:

I have been pretty good only bought 4 dozen Titleist Pro v1x's for the price of 3 and personalized.. special out there for all who need.. only issue is i don't know when i will ever be able to play golf again...

Thanks for the reminder! I need to be ready for the golf season. Just not sure if it is this season or next...

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last Saturday night my wife got so drunk, she ordered $60 worth of Skittles and Starbursts.  When they arrived hours later, she had already forgotten that she ordered them. Not to be outdone, all

It is now 3:00 am. Perhaps I should have waited until morning to try out the machine...

I'll confess, this is the first thing I mentally pictured.  

Thanks for the reminder! I need to be ready for the golf season. Just not sure if it is this season or next...

This season .... just delayed. Best time is later in the year anyways ! Nothing lasts forever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/31/2020 at 5:17 PM, ndhaon91 said:

Two boxes of Tainos and a box of Sig II. 

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Wii U (only because everyone else had purchased every Nintendo Switch in the USA.) 

About half a dozen books I won't get to for who knows how long.

Just got a switch sent to me from my brother in New Mexico...Zelda BotW included. Score man.

• Like 1

We went skiing in British Columbia the first week of March for the first time in ten years. Apparently, I decided I needed all new ski gear in case we go again next year. New skis, boots, jacket, pants and gloves. My wife is not happy, but this is the time of year to buy ski gear. It’s all on sale!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I spent last weekend studying and then on Tuesday buying another cigar cutter that I did not need.  It's a Xikar Xi1 but it seemed like the more I studied this label and others ie Colibri, Paleo, etc. that I became an authority in my own mind on this silly subject matter and it was necessary to put that education to use and make it pay its way?  It reminded me of my teaching days at the U and all those co-eds in the glory of higher learning.  I found the cutter on an auction site and it only cost $20.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, RichUK said:

I bought an apartment yesterday, hopefully ready for when the lockdown is lifted and I can go back to my office in London. Will save me renting somewhere during the week.

Congrats! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Apparently I ordered an ice ball maker recently Ticent Whiskey Ice ball Molds - Crystal Clear Ice Ball Maker Large Sphere Ice Duo Trays for Whiskey, Cocktail, Brandy, Bourbon

I do love those with my Bourbons cocktails though.....

• Like 1

I've been sorely tempted at picking up a new Aston Martin Vantage, DBS superleggera or a McLaren 720S.  Discounts are insane on them right now. 

Can't bring myself to do it though given completely uncertain economic outlook, or even the ability to drive the damn thing. Maybe if I can sell enough stuff on Bond Roberts :)

Set of tires for the Roadster, Boveda packs, torch fuel, complete Harry Potter on Blu-ray and an espresso machine.

• Like 4

I am lucky that i can work from home and have not lost my job yet, but I still have to much time on my hands and with the warm weather that does not wants to set in, I bought a few things online. Was not thinking about any of those things before all hell broke loose.

- Wooden cutting board (Still waiting for it)

- Whetstone (Still waiting for it)

- Nespresso Coffee machine (i got it Tuesday)

- A pair of sneakers (Got it Monday)

- Mexican Train game (Got it last week)

I'm currently trying to resist  from buying the following

- High end Kitchen Knives

- NVIDIA TV Shield Pro

• Like 1

Biggest purchase was a LG E9 (65"). Hadn't heard of GreenToe before, and getting this 65" OLED shipped to my house (with taxes included) for $1,999 was a no-brainer; and yes, it is gorgeous. :D

Joined the hot sauce of the club month from Pucketbutt Pepper Co. (creator of the Carolina Reaper)

Bottles of booze - Barrell batch 23, Barrell Rums, and Barrell Rye batch 003, Four Roses OESK and OESF, Blanton's, New Riff single barrel rye, Knob Creek 12yr, Knob Creek Rye, Elijah Craig Barrel Proof C919

• Like 1