self isolation: stuff you have bought online....that you probably didn't need to?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last Saturday night my wife got so drunk, she ordered $60 worth of Skittles and Starbursts.  When they arrived hours later, she had already forgotten that she ordered them. Not to be outdone, all

It is now 3:00 am. Perhaps I should have waited until morning to try out the machine...

I'll confess, this is the first thing I mentally pictured.  

16 hours ago, Drguano said:

It is now 3:00 am.

Perhaps I should have waited until morning to try out the machine...

Well, throw in a few beans, brew up an Espresso or two and there you go!

You have to try Ninja Warrior coffee beans. Good mate roasts them and they're top notch!

Lisa (Canadian Beaver) also roasts a mean bean!

Hope you got some sleep ?

3 hours ago, ElJavi76 said:

Talked my wife into it... She was hesitant due to the price point but it's an investment in us as far as I'm concerned. It's gonna take like 10 days for delivery. I can't wait.

Jura Ena 8

6123806_1219_vs.jpg

Must make a mean cuppa!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Habana Mike said:

Must make a mean cuppa!

Supposed to do everything except shine your shoes. I watched so many review videos this week. Trust me... I could've negotiated a marital hall pass easier than this coffee machine. Took me a week on convincing before she agreed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Talked my wife into it... She was hesitant due to the price point but it's an investment in us as far as I'm concerned. It's gonna take like 10 days for delivery. I can't wait.
Jura Ena 8

6123806_1219_vs.thumb.jpg.e1148164ad675bc8d286e46b0e661138.jpg

I bought a Jura probably 15 years ago and at the time though it seemed crazy to spend that much on a coffee machine. Some 15,000 cups later it was a relative bargain and at some point I’ll probably get a new one. I won’t even look at anything else. Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Drguano said:

It is now 3:00 am.

Perhaps I should have waited until morning to try out the machine...

Try adding grappa to the espresso.   A few of those, and you will sleep like a baby.

• Like 1

I've gone through roughly 30 books since March 20th. They keep coming in the mail and surprise me since I order based upon a whim or a recommendation by an author I'm currently reading. Got all of Carlo Rovelli's books on quantum gravity and space time as well as a surprising amount of HST .

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ElJavi76 said:

Jura Ena 8

6123806_1219_vs.jpg

That looks really cool.

I have been thinkin  either fullu automatic Jura or Nuova sinonelli oscar 2 + eureca zenith grinder.

since I can’t decide I have to drink regular coffee.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Homer said:

That looks really cool.

I have been thinkin  either fullu automatic Jura or Nuova sinonelli oscar 2 + eureca zenith grinder.

since I can’t decide I have to drink regular coffee.

I started toying with the idea of a Saeco machine first. Then kept poking around and the idea of fully automatic sold me. I don't want to have to froth milk separately. The Jura is a one stop shop.

11 minutes ago, ElJavi76 said:

I started toying with the idea of a Saeco machine first. Then kept poking around and the idea of fully automatic sold me. I don't want to have to froth milk separately. The Jura is a one stop shop.

... just stop!

Just talked to my wife about buying one of these. She says... 'my birthday is coming up!' Kill two birds with one stone? Maybe!!! -LOL

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PigFish said:

... just stop!

Just talked to my wife about buying one of these. She says... 'my birthday is coming up!' Kill two birds with one stone? Maybe!!! -LOL

Ray... I had to pick. Wifey usually buys me something extra nice when she gets her book l annual bonus. It was either a pair of Christian Louboutin Chelsea boots that I'd wear for the next 10 years. (Very well constructed shoes/boots) OR! ... LOL

Needless to say... I took my boot budget elsewhere. I've been giving her the business. I share my gifts with her. Ironically, I did buy our Keurig machine like 8 or 9 years ago for her mother's day gift. She wasn't too thrilled. ???

• Haha 1

A Peloton.  Arrived last week and I loved it until one of the pedals fell off on day 6.  

I'm sure I will love it again as soon as I fix it.  Im not happy that it broke so soon but it gives me something else to do.

• Like 1

I've gone through roughly 30 books since March 20th. They keep coming in the mail and surprise me since I order based upon a whim or a recommendation by an author I'm currently reading. Got all of Carlo Rovelli's books on quantum gravity and space time as well as a surprising amount of HST .
Rovelll is fantastic, right at the cutting edge of quantum mechanics and the weird and wonderful possibilities it holds.

Sent from GJ 1151

I've had a recent cigar buying binge.

i recently received a box of Tatuaje 7th reserva coronas, i have one box of Bolivar royal coronas on the way and recently won a bid on Bond Roberts, so have given the old credit card a bit of a spanking.

Also, in lieu of the pubs being closed, i have been doing my best to prop-up the craft beer industry by buying cases of beer online direct from the breweries. it's a thankless task, but a burden i'm happy to carry ;) 

• Like 1