self isolation: stuff you have bought online....that you probably didn't need to?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last Saturday night my wife got so drunk, she ordered $60 worth of Skittles and Starbursts.  When they arrived hours later, she had already forgotten that she ordered them. Not to be outdone, all

It is now 3:00 am. Perhaps I should have waited until morning to try out the machine...

I'll confess, this is the first thing I mentally pictured.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2020 at 9:36 PM, Sir Diggamus said:

36ea03ed883de5668604bbf0891b0f74.jpg

Matcha tea set. I have always wanted to try making this stuff at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is exactly what my wife just bought among many other things. Ceremonial matcha taste amazing. Totally worth it.

I will try to pair it with a Trinidad Fundadores next time I drink matcha!

21 minutes ago, ElJavi76 said:

Rob, they say once you go black you don't go back.

I usually do americanos no sugar, so be careful. I'm on the prowl!

Sure thing biscotti-caramel-soy-latte boy.  We know better.  

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, ElJavi76 said:

Rob, they say once you go black you don't go back.

I usually do americanos no sugar, so be careful. I'm on the prowl!

Javi, try a long black instead of an americano. Same thing (almost), but the espresso shot is poured over the hot water, to preserve the crema.

Normally it is either 1 or 2 espresso shots poured over the hot water. But when @JohnS comes over to my place, I give him a triple shot of my double roasted extra strength coffee. Though, he does get a bit jittery after. Probably why he never does a long ash competition with the rest of the guys.

giphy.gif.8264151f6ce4edf349f71e5eb6b63bd0.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

Javi, try a long black instead of an americano. Same thing (almost), but the espresso shot is poured over the hot water, to preserve the crema.

Normally it is either 1 or 2 espresso shots poured over the hot water. But when @JohnS comes over to my place, I give him a triple shot of my double roasted extra strength coffee. Though, he does get a bit jittery after. Probably why he never does a long ash competition with the rest of the guys.

So I tried this the other day Fuzz without even knowing the difference. I thought the same thing tho. Wanted to set if the flavor was any different with the espresso being poured over the hot water instead of the other way around. I did appreciate the crema being preserved. ?

It might sound corny but I'm on a Jura coffee group on FB. People share recipes and what not. So many ways to have your coffee! 

16 minutes ago, ElJavi76 said:

So I tried this the other day Fuzz without even knowing the difference. I thought the same thing tho. Wanted to set if the flavor was any different with the espresso being poured over the hot water instead of the other way around. I did appreciate the crema being preserved. ?

It might sound corny but I'm on a Jura coffee group on FB. People share recipes and what not. So many ways to have your coffee! 

I find there is definitely a difference in the flavour, aroma and strength when you pour the shot over hot water, instead of the other way around.

I have a Delonghi Primadonna S Deluxe that I bought back in 2009/10. Still going strong after 10 years, but I did have to replace the milk jug and infuser.

image-2.thumb.jpg.f1adda7b0bf192d92d55354b6e3153b0.jpg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ElJavi76 said:

image.jpeg.ffae00e5e6ad9494e8de690b823ee491.jpeg

• Like 1

Lots of Kindle & hardcover books. I have much more time for reading now, but probably have purchased too many. Even under current conditions, there’s just so many hours in a day.

Just bought a BBQ from Otto Wilde that has not even been released to the market yet, only available via Kickstarter so far. We don’t even know in which country we will live by the end of the year, this might turn into a head ache?

Sexy machine! I love that you can extend it into a full outdoor kitchen one day with additional elements.

Due to be delivered in September, fingers crossed that the summer won’t be over by then so I can actually test it before next year?

CD93E86D-F1B2-4FB0-9842-8DF4410580F1.jpeg

• Like 3

I just paid a deposit on $22k worth of kitchen appliances. Two V-Zug ovens, Falmec range hood, Billi tap, KWC sink tap, Franke sink. Last year I bought a $3.5k Asko induction cooktop that is still sitting in the box.

I was going to reno my kitchen anyway, but I really didn't have to spend that much on the appliances!!

• Like 1

After about 15 beers and with my third cigar in my mouth I bought a high end jump rope on Amazon. Good start to getting back in shape. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Akela3rd said:

I like a cigar but the fire so...

New fire pit. Cast iron, 78cm (30in) across and weighing in at 35kg (77lbs). Waiting for the weekend review comp for it's first pyre.

good visual combo with that sundial, looking forward to the firepit lighting of that cigar on the review !

On 5/15/2020 at 1:54 AM, Fuzz said:

I just paid a deposit on $22k worth of kitchen appliances. Two V-Zug ovens, Falmec range hood, Billi tap, KWC sink tap, Franke sink. Last year I bought a $3.5k Asko induction cooktop that is still sitting in the box.

I was going to reno my kitchen anyway, but I really didn't have to spend that much on the appliances!!

You starting a competitor to my kitchen rules? Bet the kitchen will look fab.