Another fake or not Cohiba Robusto

Lunettesman

Hey guys,

Hope everyone is safe and enjoying the time at home with their habanos. Here a fake/true request. I was in Cuba a few months ago and bought all my sticks at LCDH store. I bought a few (many) boxes and always checked for the code. Everything is legit. I also bought 40 loose sticks to enjoy during the trip. I know it's not the best thing to do as I've heard some LCDH could sell fake single. I came back, froze all the cigars.

For the record, I gave half of my stick to a buddy, told him to freeze them. He knew better and didnt, and guess what happend 2 months later...a nice beetle infection. At least he was smart enough to realize it wasn't the fault of the cigars I brought, but because he hadn't listen to me.

Back to the fake/true cohiba robusto. I end up bringing back two singles of cohiba robusto, bought at LCDH at Partagas Factory. I displayed them in my humidor and one of the two always attracked my eyes because something didnt feel right for me. I used a black light on them and one had the code Cxxxxx and of course the one I m doubting doesn't have it. So here we go, some pictures. I d love your opinions. Thank you guys.

My analyse:

1. No black light code.

2 The white band around the taimano head seems too wide.

3. The dot is somewhat missplaced.

4, The yellow band+hollowgram at the bottom is a bit scratch

Conclusion: I d say the left one is fake.

Sans titre.jpg

IMG_20200331_105843.jpg

IMG_20200331_105839.jpg

IMG_20200331_105847.jpg

IMG_20200331_105827.jpg

IMG_20200331_105856.jpg

IMG_20200331_105904.jpg

Look closely, maybe with a magnifying glass, at the C in script in Habana Cuba. If the top loop and the bottom loop of the C touch, the band is counterfeit. This was definitely true with the last Cohiba band, I'm not up to speed with the current one.  That tiny but visible  gap was a good tell  of high quality printing and authenticity.

2 hours ago, joeypots said:

Look closely, maybe with a magnifying glass, at the C in script in Habana Cuba. If the top loop and the bottom loop of the C touch, the band is counterfeit. This was definitely true with the last Cohiba band, I'm not up to speed with the current one.  That tiny but visible  gap was a good tell  of high quality printing and authenticity.

Thank you buddy