Review: Raching Humidor CA330 Humidty and temperature controlled

Lunettesman

I might add that if you want the humidor to be more consistent, try removing some of the shelves.

Controlled humidors must have circulation. By definition, if you are controlling your microclimate at a delta of 5% of your ambient, the circulation is a major issue. Don't assume that if 'feel' the airstream it is excessive, quite the contrary. These controlled spaces work best when you can actually feel the air moved around.

Cheers! tP

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PigFish said:

I might add that if you want the humidor to be more consistent, try removing some of the shelves.

Controlled humidors must have circulation. By definition, if you are controlling your microclimate at a delta of 5% of your ambient, the circulation is a major issue. Don't assume that if 'feel' the airstream it is excessive, quite the contrary. These controlled spaces work best when you can actually feel the air moved around.

Cheers! tP

Thanks for the advice. Good to know. I was a bit concern it was too windy in there?I already thought about removing 2 shelves. Especially to have more room for the 50 cabs. I ll definitely do it. Thanks piggy. Wish you a good day

1 minute ago, Lunettesman said:

Thanks for the advice. Good to know. I was a bit concern it was too windy in there?I already thought about removing 2 shelves. Especially to have more room for the 50 cabs. I ll definitely do it. Thanks piggy. Wish you a good day

Not a problem!

Look, when you fill your humidor leave it room to breathe, or you will kill what success you have. You cannot pack a humidor like this, mine included. Best of luck! -R

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I’m new to this forum so I apologize if I do something wrong as I’m not sure how everything works here just yet.  Anyway , I’m now getting more into cigars than I used to be.  I purchased a NewAir cc300h but am not impressed with it although I’m willing to give it an honest try. It gets pretty dang hot in my house during day time summer months when I’m not home not running the AC.  This is where I feel the NewAir will fail, once it gets to 80-85 degrees ambient temperature. 
So , I’ve been looking at the Raching MON800 and C150a. Does anyone here know the real difference between the two ? Are they both using the same cooling system, heating , humidification?  There’s not a lot of good Info out there With these units and there website isn’t all that great. 
I emailed Raching directly and they responded quick.  The MON800 is about $1150 and the C150a is $660 plus shipping.  All other questions I had for them were not answered very well probably because of the language barrier.  
I’m just really wondering what makes the MON800 almost double the price of the c150a?Also , anyone know a Raching dealer in the USA ? I’ve had no luck finding one  

Any input would be most helpful 

On 4/24/2020 at 6:19 AM, Ironbound84 said:

Hello all,

I’m new to this forum so I apologize if I do something wrong as I’m not sure how everything works here just yet.  Anyway , I’m now getting more into cigars than I used to be.  I purchased a NewAir cc300h but am not impressed with it although I’m willing to give it an honest try. It gets pretty dang hot in my house during day time summer months when I’m not home not running the AC.  This is where I feel the NewAir will fail, once it gets to 80-85 degrees ambient temperature. 
So , I’ve been looking at the Raching MON800 and C150a. Does anyone here know the real difference between the two ? Are they both using the same cooling system, heating , humidification?  There’s not a lot of good Info out there With these units and there website isn’t all that great. 
I emailed Raching directly and they responded quick.  The MON800 is about $1150 and the C150a is $660 plus shipping.  All other questions I had for them were not answered very well probably because of the language barrier.  
I’m just really wondering what makes the MON800 almost double the price of the c150a?Also , anyone know a Raching dealer in the USA ? I’ve had no luck finding one  

Any input would be most helpful 

One problem with this company is indeed the language problem. I never really got all the answer I wanted neither. 

Have you been on their official website? Because for the humidors I was comparing they have all the info you need. 

I know they recently upgraded their ventilation system so it might be a part of the price?!? Also, some have a dry box area. 

1 hour ago, Lunettesman said:

One problem with this company is indeed the language problem. I never really got all the answer I wanted neither. 

Have you been on their official website? Because for the humidors I was comparing they have all the info you need. 

I know they recently upgraded their ventilation system so it might be a part of the price?!? Also, some have a dry box area. 

Thank you for the input. Im assuming yours is holding up well?

I visited their web site and yes they have all the info.  I was just hoping to find more user reviews.  It’s a lot of $ to drop on something going by the companies  word alone.  But hey , sometimes you gotta gamble I guess.   

10 hours ago, Ironbound84 said:

Thank you for the input. Im assuming yours is holding up well?

I visited their web site and yes they have all the info.  I was just hoping to find more user reviews.  It’s a lot of $ to drop on something going by the companies  word alone.  But hey , sometimes you gotta gamble I guess.   

I m very happy with mine. It's an investment indeed. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/20/2021 at 6:17 PM, JLin said:

Hello. Are you able to give me the name to the Switzerland supplier for Raching Electric Cigar Humidor please. Thank you. 

Sorry just see your question now. I cannot tell you I've no idea. Got mine on auction 

• 3 weeks later...

Raching is a legit company, if you order through Alibaba, no sweat you will be taken care of - my experience. The MON series has more features but the big difference is there is no membrane which you would need to replace every 6 months with the C series. Just received my MON1800 yesterday and so far it is performing well... can't stop staring at it, such a cool piece of kit if you can swing it, go for it. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, el_papacito said:

Raching is a legit company, if you order through Alibaba, no sweat you will be taken care of - my experience. The MON series has more features but the big difference is there is no membrane which you would need to replace every 6 months with the C series. Just received my MON1800 yesterday and so far it is performing well... can't stop staring at it, such a cool piece of kit if you can swing it, go for it. 

I just received mine in the states (NJ) last week.  I bought a MON2800A, its a sharp looking humidor for sure.  A few downsides:

Mine came with a couple of dings in the wood

The display came broken

One shelf was loose.

Sukie sent me a new display, still waiting for it to arrive.  They cannot ship the cedar shelves from China to the states for some reason, so if you ever need a new shelf you will be SOL.  They also couldn't ship anything to fix the dings in the cabinet.

They say they have a warehouse in Cali, not sure why they don't keep spare parts there....but they dont yet.

Anyway super excited to get the display and load up my cigars, unit looks and smells amazing and I am super excited to start using it.  Will keep you posted.

They were running slow on shipping several months ago. Part on their end due to a chip or board shortage which is global. The other end is the shipping. Last month it was an 8 day back up on some west coast ports. The  the freight forwarders being slow as snot. I'd bet they're just as frustrated right now.

I hope yall enjoy your new rachings when you get them. I enjoy mine plenty. Slight learning curve, but fantastic once you learn it.

• Like 2

On 8/23/2021 at 11:37 AM, Meesterjojo said:

They were running slow on shipping several months ago. Part on their end due to a chip or board shortage which is global. The other end is the shipping. Last month it was an 8 day back up on some west coast ports. The  the freight forwarders being slow as snot. I'd bet they're just as frustrated right now.

I hope yall enjoy your new rachings when you get them. I enjoy mine plenty. Slight learning curve, but fantastic once you learn it.

thanks

Question for everyone love my MON2800a,  have a some questions for the group. My compressor seems to be running constantly, is that your experience as well? I have it set for 66/66 and my house is 71 degrees. bottom 4 shelves are empty and 2/3rd are half full with boxes and top shelf has 100 monte 2s bare. Also, it seems a little on the noisy side, its right by my desk enough that it could become annoying while working.

When the compressor "shuts down" get a little popping sound too, normal?

Last question - has anyone been successful in getting the wifi to work. I think I connect via WeChat but then I cant bring up the same screen they show in their documentation and YouTube video.

They will email you English instructions to connect via wechat if you email their support. 

Compressor pop is not normal. At least from my experience. 

Mine is whisper quiet until I open the door, if the compressors are running. The unit is quieter than my audews even. 

Mine doesn't run all the time, but it does run frequently. My belief is that they designed these to run at 70/70. So while it can go lower, it's optimal the closer to 70/70 one gets. I keep the temp of the room it is in set at 68F. One figures it gives the unit a head start so to speak, and that maybe it'll hold its temp for a bit like a fridge. And for the most part it does. I have it about 10" from a wall in the back as it does get warm back there otherwise. 

My concern is what do we do when the compressors inevitably go out. I believe they're using compressors from a US company. 

Anyway, write them for support. It'll take a week for them to respond, but get those English instructions, and ask about the compressors. I'll say this- the 3800 is their flagship model, and what I was told is that they are prioritizing them this year. That said, perhaps it's a difficult compressor/s for yours, or even circuitry? Just speculation. 

On 8/24/2021 at 1:37 AM, Meesterjojo said:

Global shipping is in tatters, ports are full of empty containers, fewer ships are sailing etc, it is a major problem. The entire supply chain is totally stuffed, and things are not going to improve this year. Predicitions are for mid 2022 before global shipping starts to improve, though, they said the same thing about 2021 back in 2020.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Hi All,

New here and this is my first post. Thanks for the info on the C330A unit. I just ordered one and cannot wait to get it. I know the unit only has one light at the very top but my understanding is that it uses a regular light connection. I have not seen this up-close but this is based on some videos I saw on YouTube. Has anyone replaced this single light with any other type of lighting to light up the shelves individually? I was hoping to find some LED strips that would be as close to plug and play as possible and run them on the inside of the unit. ideally, I can use the light connector inside rather than run it out the bottom of the front door. 

Also there are no sliders for the shelves in this unit. Has anyone tried to install drawer slide type brackets for the shelves?

Welcome the feedback.