How are you and your significant other getting along?

My stock is trading at an all time high which always helps. 
We have a 15 month old boy who wakes up at 5am every day. She is a night owl, I am an early riser and usually beat him out of bed and make coffee for mom. Score one for Dad. 
I am also the cook in the house. We’ve been eating like royalty (fat royalty). Score two for Dad. 
She likes both cigars and wine but I used to get flack for having hundreds of bottles of wine in the house and thousands of cigars. Score three for Dad. 
Sounds like you won the wife lottery.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm interested in hearing how everyone is getting along as a shut-in with their significant other.   I read an article this morning recommending that couples should take the time that they have t

My wife yelled down the hall, “Do you ever get a shooting pain across your body like someone’s got a voodoo doll of you and they are stabbing it?” ”No...” “How about now?”

Update for me.  Wife has gone completely stir crazy working from home and has been looking at puppy pictures for 2 weeks.  She's been lobbying me hard for a new puppy which I don't want since we are p

My wife and I are getting along well. The only major changes we are experiencing is cooking more often and not having child care. The lack of child care is driving us both a little crazy, but saving us a lot of $$$ too. 

• Like 2

I usually work away Mon-Thurs/Fri and so on a good week am home for three nights a week.

We're now into the third week of all being home, our 7yr old son and dog love us all being together, to be honest we're getting on great. We'll see how we are in a few more weeks I guess!

• Like 2

Apparently there's an increase in reports of domestic abuse. Doesn't matter male/female, physical/mental - it's wrong regardless. Also reportedly (pinch of salt again) higher divorce rates in China. 

But personally we're doing great! We also have more time to see our parents these days

• Like 3

Marianne and I are doing just fine. She likes the aroma of a good cigar, what a woman.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, joeypots said:

Marianne and I are doing just fine. She likes the aroma of a good cigar, what a woman.

A good woman indeed! My wife likes the smell of a good cigar as well.  Reminds her of her childhood (she is a 1st generation American of Cuban descent).  

It definitely makes things easier. 

• Like 2

Things have been pretty good.  We have our own areas to work during the weekday, she inside at the desk and me outside on the porch which is perfect.  I can enjoy the 2-4 sticks I have increased to everyday and she doesn't mind.  She doesn't smoke but is getting a lot more interested in cigars and enjoys being around the smell.  She loves nice red wines though so I try and bridge the gap similarities there.  After all, Cigars and Wine are first cousins.

We recently got engaged in Cartagena, Colombia (smoked a nice QDO Corona & Siglo II that night) back in February after dating for 8.5 years but she has never minded me smoking cigars and now, see's how much I love about them (not just the fact you smoke them) and she's getting a lot more into all aspects. She also loves Cuba and anything that has to do with Spanish speaking cultures, so it doesn't take much to convince her to go back to Havana for a weekend.  

Two nights ago we watch the Hand Rolled documentary and she liked it..  Yesterday, I showed her the Avallo humidor cabinet I'm going to order and she said "I think you should get the bigger one because you'll run out of room and want a new one quicker."  I mean, I was pretty speechless. 

Aside from that, lots of cooking, bike rides/walks, Netflix and chill.

11 hours ago, Meklown said:

Apparently there's an increase in reports of domestic abuse. Doesn't matter male/female, physical/mental - it's wrong regardless. Also reportedly (pinch of salt again) higher divorce rates in China. 

But personally we're doing great! We also have more time to see our parents these days

The domestic abuse thing is horrible and unfortunately, has increased significantly which makes a lot of sense in the current climate our world is in.   However, I read a very nice article the other day from somewhere in Europe (forgive me I don't remember the city), that explained the increase in domestic abuse cases and how there is a codeword now for that victim to use when they go to the pharmacy to alert workers of the abuse.  The workers will make note and have authorities sent to the house immediately. Obviously it has to be something that the person being victimized will want to speak up about to alert someone, but it was nice to read that there are some measures being taken to try and prevent this issue. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We've had our moments, but at the end of the day we're lucky to have each other. This is my 4th week of WFH, and she was laid off middle of week 2 (she was WFH also).

She's taking it like champ and I'm making sure she has breakfast in bed when it's feasible with my morning meeting schedule.

Any issues we settle via Mario Kart 64.

• Like 2

I do all the cooking for our family which buys me a lot of leeway. I also Run the border collies (kids) every day for 2+ hours. Buys me more leeway. Wife does everything else. It's actually been nice to spend so much time together as a family. 

• Like 4

Bonfire's at night have been key. It's been keeping us away from watching to much tv. But all is good here. She has a ample supply of wine and I have stocked up on cigars. I think we'll pull through. I definitely see how in this sort of situation there's two things that happen a new baby boom and more divorce. I'd rather be on the boom side of things. My son might get a new sibling out of this.

• Like 4

Both the wife and I are working from home- never thought either of us would teach virtual classes; weird times- and have set up two separate "offices," hers is the kitchen table, mine is a folding table in the front room. She is not tech savvy, so I spent a bit of time helping her get sorted out. Huge plus for me! We know each other's class hours and stay clear. Then happy hour starts at about 2:30. Gin and tonic for her, bourbon and a glass for me. I cook dinner while she checks the news. If the weather was a little better, could add a cigar to the happy hour schedule, but too cool and rainy right now for that. But we are working from home for the rest of the school year (mid-June) so plenty of time for the weather to improve.

Really, we are happier and closer now than in the past several years.

• Like 3

Strangely enough, this has been a special time of bonding between myself and my partner.  We've been together for ~4 years--a relationship with numerous ups and downs--and this lockdown has definitely constituted one of the 'ups'.  I take care of my father (who is disabled), and he expressed to me the other day how estranged he has felt from my sister recently.  Conversely, he and I are closer than ever.  It's crazy to witness the capacity a 'pandemic' like this has to pull people together or tear them apart.

• Like 4

On 4/15/2020 at 12:24 PM, Chibearsv said:

Update for me.  Wife has gone completely stir crazy working from home and has been looking at puppy pictures for 2 weeks.  She's been lobbying me hard for a new puppy which I don't want since we are planning on a lot more travel (before the pandemic).

I firmly put my foot down and said we are NOT getting a puppy...  He's a Bernedoodle and his name is Trip and we pick him up on Saturday. 

@Chibearsv how is little Trip adjusting to the new home?!  He looks like a very good boy :) 

On 4/21/2020 at 1:11 AM, Chibearsv said:

Wow, what a week it's been.  The story is long, I'll try to abbreviate.  Early last week my wife was happily buying supplies and toys and crates and barriers, etc for the new puppy arrival.  She called me mid-week absolutely bawling her eyes out that the breeder mis-understood which puppy she wanted and that Trip had been sold before our inquiry.  The breeder said they had 2 puppies named trip, blah blah blah....my wife is crying, the breeder is BSing me, I don't really care what else they have to say.  Now after talking my wife off the ledge, we were back to a puppy search on Friday...there are no Bernedoodles available anywhere nearby so back to the ledge goes my wife on Friday night.  Saturday morning I wake up determined to find a puppy and viola I found the last of a litter of mini-Bernedoodles in Illinois and put an online deposit down to reserve it.  Paypal receipt - done but I know better now so I email the breeder and leave a message to confirm that the dog is mine.  I told my wife that I found one but not to get her hopes up because we don't have a firm confirmation yet.  She tells me that if we don't get this one, she's done...it's not meant to be.  3 hours later I get an email from the breeder notifying me that my deposit was being refunded because someone else had put one in Friday night that the breeder didn't see until Saturday morning.  I let my wife know we were out of luck and I believe the breeder gave me a reasonable explanation.  My wife wasn't upset, wasn't mad, just said, "F it, were not getting a dog".  So I sat in my garage, Sir Winston in hand thinking that this wasn't the end of the dog hunt for me.  I emailed the breeder back and asked if they had any other puppies that were available and what types they were.  She told me they had one Aussiedoodle left out of a litter of 4.  I asked her to please hold it for me for 15 minutes so I could ask my wife if she was ok with that type of dog.  I showed my wife the picture of the little pup and she started bawling again about how much she loved it.  I contacted the breeder again, but down a deposit and now we wait to pick up Tilly on the 9th.  I'm especially happy with this breeder and completely confident this dog is ours.  I think my wife is even happier with this pup selection.  Now she said she's got to go exchange things at Petsmart for a girl pup......Oy.  Wife says now I'm the best husband ever.  I certainly didn't want to notify her that I'm pretty sure we'd all do similarly in the same circumstances.  Who am I to argue ?

Tilly

IMG_0528.thumb.JPG.ee7e3697c63344c8a29ba799c1015785.JPG

Oh my god I love this puppy :love:  what a beautiful face, it was meant to be :clap:What is her name have you chosen it yet ? 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, WarriorPrincess said:

Oh my god I love this puppy :love:  what a beautiful face, it was meant to be :clap:What is her name have you chosen it yet ? 

Rob mentioned on zoom the other day that the birds and the fish just weren’t cutting it anymore and he would be secretly thrilled if you brought home a puppy.

Don’t tell him I tipped you off ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, WarriorPrincess said:

Thank you. We've decided on Tilly for her name. A vague reference to Waltzing Matilda and we both think it fits her.  And I agree it was meant to be. We can't wait to get her!  Mom is full Aussie Shepherd and Dad is Miniature Poodle. 

21 minutes ago, Chibearsv said:

Thank you. We've decided on Tilly for her name. A vague reference to Waltzing Matilda and we both think it fits her.  And I agree it was meant to be. We can't wait to get her!  Mom is full Aussie Shepherd and Dad is Miniature Poodle. 

I was to busy looking at the photo to noticed you did put her name on the post :lol3:

Has she two different colored eyes ? Looks like it in the photo 

5 minutes ago, WarriorPrincess said:

I was to busy looking at the photo to noticed you did put her name on the post :lol3:

Has she two different colored eyes ? Looks like it in the photo 

Yes, one all blue and the other dark brown with a blue ring. Pretty cool. ?