What's a landmark album you haven't busted out for a while?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im not the biggest Van Halen fan so its been ages since I played the debut album...but I can only imagine what other guitar players of that time must have been thinking when they first heard it...the

Used to be a HUGE Rush fan back in my high school days, late 70's/early 80's. Kinda lost interest when they went synthesizer-centric. But broke into my catalog again when Neil passed.  Still so i

14 minutes ago, Bill Hayes said:

Eric B and Rakim 'Paid in Full'. Out of boredom I themed this week 'Hip Hop'. So I have two craft beers and sit on the balcony and listen to an album. A good friend is well versed in the genre so he has been guiding my choices from the 80's Public Enemy 'It takes a nation of millions' to the 90's Wu Tang Clan and Gang Starr 'Daily Operation' to Guru "Jazzamatazz. Can't say I like a lot of it but some stuff stands out. More an education of a culture.

Your good friend knows well of what he speaks. That's a rock solid OG list he gave you. Some of my all time favorites right there. Much respect. Love it! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

We have a dog named Ziggy.

Not long ago my nephew asked why we named our dog Ziggy.

Had to introduce him to the Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust.

Not sure it had the profound effect Drake has on 'em, but he walking around saying "I'm an Alligator!"

My dog's name is ziggy as well, from ziggy stardust. Got her right around when Bowie died. 

47 minutes ago, Bill Hayes said:

I've still got Low end theory by ATCQ and Hip Hop by Dead Prez to go. I'll start up again after Easter and the missus has gone back to work. I had Blues week last week so I'm thinking Jazz or Soul next. Of course, one must dress up to fully appreciate. No wad eye sayin'. Being from the Windy City I think you'll appreciate the cap.

IMG_5197.JPG

Awesome!  Go Hawks! 

Memories of road trips when I was a kid. We would drive down to Florida every summer. Dad would turn the cassette over and over again. Fill album in Spanish is called 15 Grandes Éxitos. One of my favs... Charles Aznavour! Track #1 La Bohemia!

Great thread. It's inspired me to put on the Stone Roses Second Coming tomorrow for the first time in, ooh, 15-20 years. 

I recognized only one song from this album but nice call. This is good stuff!

2 hours ago, GavLew79 said:

Great thread. It's inspired me to put on the Stone Roses Second Coming tomorrow for the first time in, ooh, 15-20 years. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GavLew79 said:

They used to play Love Spreads all the time during my freshman year of college on the local Cleveland alternative station - the Buzzard, if I recall correctly.  The album that played constantly for me that year was the Nirvana MTV Unplugged CD with their cover of The Man Who Sold The World. I should break that one out, it’s been decades since I listened to that disc. That time held many memories for me. 

• Like 1

Two have found their way back into my rotation these last couple of weeks.

The Joshua Tree, seminal U2. I reckon some of those songs I haven’t listened to for 20 years. 

August and Everything After, what a brilliant album. The Counting Crows at their best.

10 hours ago, Cayman17 said:

They used to play Love Spreads all the time during my freshman year of college on the local Cleveland alternative station - the Buzzard, if I recall correctly.  The album that played constantly for me that year was the Nirvana MTV Unplugged CD with their cover of The Man Who Sold The World. I should break that one out, it’s been decades since I listened to that disc. That time held many memories for me. 

Great riff by John Squire in that one. Underrated guitarist. Very bluesy influences. 

Loved Nirvana unplugged, and the REM one too. A shame MTV stopped playing music, actually. 

• Like 3