What's a landmark album you haven't busted out for a while?

17 hours ago, Chibearsv said:

I'll never forget hearing this album for the first time in the seventies.  I don't know if it's a landmark album for the world, but it was for me.  I'd never heard anything like it before.  Swampy blues and Texas rock! 

Great album...Gibbons is just a beast of a player...doesnt flash speed or anything like that but his tone personifies the attitude of the band and its sound...cant be replicated

• Like 3

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im not the biggest Van Halen fan so its been ages since I played the debut album...but I can only imagine what other guitar players of that time must have been thinking when they first heard it...the

Used to be a HUGE Rush fan back in my high school days, late 70's/early 80's. Kinda lost interest when they went synthesizer-centric. But broke into my catalog again when Neil passed.  Still so i

On 4/10/2020 at 12:14 AM, mbflash80 said:

Im not the biggest Van Halen fan so its been ages since I played the debut album...but I can only imagine what other guitar players of that time must have been thinking when they first heard it...the sound and the technique was literally something never heard before...

22 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

The first four Aerosmith albums I have been playing a lot.  Hard to decide which of the four I like the most.

R-380484-1557603317-5803.jpeg[1].jpg

Whenever this comes up, the first Halen album is always the first  that comes to mind - a true game changer. VHII is great as well. Toys In The Attic and Rocks are my favorite Aerosmith albums, and as much as I like Toys, Rocks was the "landmark" for me.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

A rock and roll classic. The cover of That's Alright Mama, the only other version I know of was by Elvis Presley, is a tour de force. I'm Loosing You? Fuggetahbotit. 

image.png.b8fa35098f62fa0a042ccd1c1e2e5836.png

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

* Donna Summers' Greatest Hits ?

• Confused 1