Por Larranaga Gran Robusto Paises Bajos REG Dic 17 (BGRW)

22 minutes ago, Chucko8 said:

The last time I had one of these I got caramel popcorn flavour in the last 3rd

Yes. I posted the first one I smoked in daily smoke I think, and I mentioned tasting hot buttered popcorn...with caramel. ?

• Like 1

Great review. I agree 100% on the low smoke issue. I’ve gone through 3 boxes and found the same issue with every cigar. Some have been overfilled and some under filled. All seem to have this issue. Love the flavors... typical PL flavors for me. 

• Thanks 1

What a smoking room you have. Great review too, thanks.

It doesn’t sound from your review like these have much of the classic PL character - by which I’m thinking of the sweet woody PLPC / PLM flavours. Not that this is a problem, but would you agree?

2 hours ago, RDB said:

What a smoking room you have. Great review too, thanks.

It doesn’t sound from your review like these have much of the classic PL character - by which I’m thinking of the sweet woody PLPC / PLM flavours. Not that this is a problem, but would you agree?

Yeah, I’d say you’re right. The PC’s and especially the Montecarlos I’ve had have been downright sweet and fairly one dimensional, whereas this is far richer and complex in flavor. Things like caramel popcorn and rich butterscotch pop into mind when smoking these.