sporting faves

Ken Gargett

a mate sent me this list - i added NFL for this forum as it was an Aussie list.  

the idea is you cut/paste but replace them with your faves. they do not have to be the best you've seen. just your favourites.

Cricket - Doug Walters
NRL - wally lewis
AFL - Michael Voss
Soccer - Thierry Henri (Pele close)
Rugby Union - Mark Loane
Tennis - Laver
Golf - Jack
Olympian: Perkins
Sports Commentator- Fonda Metassa
Racehorse - could not care less
Boxer - M Ali
NBA - Michael Jordan

NFL - Darrell Green (or John Riggins - i would swap back and forth). 

• Like 1

Cricket - D K Lillee
NRL - Cameron Smith
AFL - Dustin Martin
Soccer - Gianfranco Zola
Rugby Union - George Gregan
Tennis - Federer
Golf - Norman
Olympian: Michael Johnson
Sports Commentator- Mike Williamson
Racehorse - Might and Power
Boxer - Marvellous Marvin Hagler
NBA - Kareem Abdul Jabar

NFL - Emitt Smith

13 minutes ago, Bill Hayes said:

Cricket - D K Lillee
NRL - Cameron Smith
AFL - Dustin Martin
Soccer - Gianfranco Zola
Rugby Union - George Gregan
Tennis - Federer
Golf - Norman
Olympian: Michael Johnson
Sports Commentator- Mike Williamson
Racehorse - Might and Power
Boxer - Marvellous Marvin Hagler
NBA - Kareem Abdul Jabar

NFL - Emitt Smith

bill, good list, but as much as i admire emmitt smith, having a cowboy on the list is unacceptable. 

as a kid, dad was prez of the local golf club so we would go out every saturday to watch the pennants. there was a young 19 year old who could hit the ball into next week. although he did have a temper. norman. 

• Like 1

Cricket - Boycott
NRL - Hanley (not strictly NRL)
AFL - N/A
Soccer - George Best
Rugby Union - Dean Richards
Tennis - Laver (my Dads hero) 
Golf - Seve
Olympian: Ovett
Sports Commentator-Peter O Sullevan/ John Arlott
Racehorse - Desert Orchid
Boxer - M Ali
NBA - N/A

NFL - Testaverde 

16 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

bill, good list, but as much as i admire emmitt smith, having a cowboy on the list is unacceptable. 

as a kid, dad was prez of the local golf club so we would go out every saturday to watch the pennants. there was a young 19 year old who could hit the ball into next week. although he did have a temper. norman. 

I chose Emmitt Smith because as a teenager there was a phase where NFL football cards were popular and I remember buying his card. I liked the LA Raiders back then but they moved. I liked Miami Vice and the idea of going there and partying near the beach with beautiful Latino girls in bikinis so I chose the Dolphins. Didn't really follow it much until the last 10 years but always watched the superbowl. I still have the Emmitt Smith card and a few others. Might check out what they are worth now. And yep, I can see how Norman would have a temper. Pretty cool watching a champ in the making.

4 minutes ago, Bill Hayes said:

I chose Emmitt Smith because as a teenager there was a phase where NFL football cards were popular and I remember buying his card. I liked the LA Raiders back then but they moved. I liked Miami Vice and the idea of going there and partying near the beach with beautiful Latino girls in bikinis so I chose the Dolphins. Didn't really follow it much until the last 10 years but always watched the superbowl. I still have the Emmitt Smith card and a few others. Might check out what they are worth now. And yep, I can see how Norman would have a temper. Pretty cool watching a champ in the making.

bill, norman was amazing. at about 18 or so, he could drive the par 4s on occasion, but not the accuracy. he did toss the odd club around when unhappy but i believe that charlie earp, the pro at RQ in brizzy, took him under his wing and ironed that out of him. you would have to say that for pretty much his entire professional career, the bloke was exemplary on the course. 

• Like 1