Cohiba Esplendidos? 1994-6

armada_crew

Similar to my post on a Monte no1, was given these in mid 1990's probably by a big wig banker after we closed a big deal, I was just a lowly analyst making $30k, and I remember that the high level guys would be happy they were getting a big bonus and would give us little guys "Cuban" cigars. This was in New York.

These are all a touch under 7" long and look to be a 47 ring gauge when I compare to some current cigars.

Appreciate any insight as to validity or not, thank you.

IMG_20200412_143426.jpg

IMG_20200412_143413.jpg

IMG_20200412_140600.jpg

Like every single post on suspect Cohiba thats ever been on the forum.  Follow this logic:

People involved in faking Cohiba's will do every scummy thing you can think of,  faking new bands, faking old bands, filling old genuine boxes.  using real bands on fake cigars etc etc.  there is no comforting words that will ever make you feel good about these cigars, as sadly this is the what this brand has attracted aka, endless shady practice. 

I'm no expert on Cohiba, but they look  potentially to be genuine bands,  but lordy do those cigars look rough!!.   I would say they are 99.9% fake, but then again, there are lots of new genuine Cohiba's that look similarly awful. 

Sorry, I definitely don't mean to be offensive,   I just really hate what Cohiba has done to cuban cigars forums, and enthusiasts, it just seems to be an endless stream of all sorts, "what do you think of this?"  like a doctors surgery or tropical rashes. 

Much like diplomatic Cohiba Lanceros in cello, there were and still are loads of old school fakes out there. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...