What do you do with your bands after smoking?

Just now, chris12381 said:

According to the girlfriend, I stuff them between the couch cushions. 

?  No telling what happens in the wee hours... I couldn't find my koozie the other day and accused my friend of stealing it... he found it later deep within the fold-out couch still wrapped around a beer (roughly 10% full).  Whoops!

42 minutes ago, MasterYotti said:

here is what my plan is:

Collect a bunch of bands from each brand that I enjoy (or one-off cool looking bands) the most and make a magnetic collage to put on my NewAir unit! So far I only had enough good looking NC bands, but I will be adding plenty more CC bands over the next year! Very excited to see how it all turns out!

Cool! So you're putting magnetic backing on the bands so they can be moved around on the side of the wineador?  That's a nice idea.  You could probably easily market those magnets too.  I bet cigar folks would love to slap a few on their fridge at home.

If I take notes on the smoke in my notebook I’ll usually tape the band in there at the end of the page. All other bands are currently being thrown in an empty candle jar though over the years I stored them in cigar boxes, jars of all sizes, and other various vessels. I keep telling myself that someday they’ll be used for a grand project but seems that I’ve never managed to actually make that happen ?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, The Squiggler said:

Cool! So you're putting magnetic backing on the bands so they can be moved around on the side of the wineador?  That's a nice idea.  You could probably easily market those magnets too.  I bet cigar folks would love to slap a few on their fridge at home.

Yeah! I bought sheets of magnetic paper with a sticky backing, then laid out the design of the wrappers, and used an Xacto knife to carve out exactly what I wanted! 

• Like 2

You all are very creative.  I've never even contemplated saving bands.  I like the idea of decorating the sides of the mini-fridges though.  And I like the looks of those coasters.  I think I'll start saving them and then collage the sides on the mini fridges to have a look like those coasters.  Thank you all

• Like 2

In the trash can

Yep, pretty much this. I collected half-heartedly for a while after a similar thread started a few years ago and thought I'd 'do' something with them. Clearly I didn't and binned them. I do keep some of my boxes though and have a little wall of them slowly building up in the spare room...

One day I hope to hide behind it.

Sent from GJ 1151

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Akela3rd said:

...I do keep some of my boxes though and have a little wall of them slowly building up in the spare room...

I kept boxes for a short time and realized I wasn't using them and no one wanted them.  Toss those and do the same as soon as they are emptied.

They usually rattle around on the floor of my patio (or garage) for a month or so, before I sweep them up!

• Like 1