JohnS' Smoking Diary 2020

JohnS

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cohiba Piramides Extra (circa 2012) The Cohiba Piramides Extra, chances are...you've never had one, or more likely one or two in your lifetime (or less than a box, which comes in a 10-count).

El Rey del Mundo Choix Suprême MLU Nov 2018 This El Rey del Mundo Choix Supreme (and please do kindly pronounce choix like the French - shwa and not choy!) was picked up in a 24:24 quarter pack o

Montecristo No.4 UEB Ago 2018 This is the second Montecristo No.4 I've reached for from this UEB Ago 18 box. How does it compare to the UEB May 2018 box I've half-finished and have been 'waxin

1045762592_2020-07-3013_00_05.jpg.c0c02cc426d526a56d10b1bd65d2496e.jpg

Por Larrañaga Encantos 2010 - Edición Regional Asia Pacifico (circa 2010)

According to Cuban Cigar Website, the Por Larranaga Encantos was released in 2010 exclusively for the Asia Pacific region with a standard B style band and an Exclusivo Asia Pacifico second band. They were packaged in varnished numbered 8-9-8 boxes of 25 cigars, of which 4,000 were produced. They were the second Asia Pacific Por Larranaga release after the 2007 PL Robustos.

The PL Encantos is a dalias vitola with a 43 ring gauge x 170 mm (or 6¾ inches) length. The only two remaining dalias in regular production are the Cohiba Siglo V and the Partagas 8-9-8. These remain reputable cigars, as is the vitola itself. Along the way we've seen the Bolivar Inmensas, La Gloria Cubana Medaille d'Or No.2, Partagas de Partagas No.1 and Seleccion Privada No.1 and Ramon Allones 8-9-8 discontinued (and much missed) in the last twenty years.

Apart from the Montecristo D 2005 Limited Edition, this vitola has also had special releases with the Ramon Allones 8-9-8 German Regional Edition in 2014 and the Punch 8-9-8 Asia Pacific Regional Edition in 2018.

The Por Larranaga Encantos, much like the 2006 German Regional Edition Por Larranaga Lonsdale, was muted and closed in its flavours for some time after its release. If you were to do a dedicated search on our forum on this cigar you'd find that it wasn't until some time between 2012 and 2014 that the Encantos started to open up in terms of that softer, aged caramel note that Por Larranaga is renowned for. Recent reviews on our forum, however, have been almost universally effervescent and united in praise in remarking what a quality cigar this has become, especially in the last two years.

So how did I find it? I'm going to come out and simply admit that I too was 'singing from the same song sheet', to borrow a well-known idiom, after smoking this today. It exuded a quality refinement all the way through, with its core wood, baking spice, honey and caramel/butter toffee velvety texture. About the only (very minor) criticism I could offer would be that in the last third the cigar picked up in its woody intensity; otherwise, it was absolutely superb.

If you have this cigar in your humidor then you'd know just how well this is smoking now. It's the type of cigar that you wish you had ten more boxes of. I'd like to thank @baragh for gifting me this PL Encantos to smoke and enjoy!

• Like 2

485416135_2020-07-3112_16_29.jpg.5be3d74b028c40117a1844bc2db8cc33.jpg

Romeo y Julieta Churchills GOM Ago 2018

I have been 'waxing lyrical', so-to-speak, about this cigar for a few years now due to their consistency in construction and flavour delivery across a number of box codes. I guess the hallmark of a 'hot' cigar is when it's not at its usual best it's still pretty good. Such was the case with this GOS Ago 2018 Romeo y Julieta Churchill cigar today.

The construction was excellent. Ash-length, burn and ash rings were all impeccable. The flavour was a little heavier on the cocoa side of things which made the cigar seem not as balanced as many other RyJ Churchills I've enjoyed this year. Mind you, I still got cherry fruit and sweet turkish delight flavours to complement the cocoa.

If I reach for another RyJ Churchill from this box and it ends up like this one I honestly wouldn't be disappointed, nor would I have any hesitation in reaching for another one soon.

• Like 2

850402589_2020-07-3114_16_26.jpg.c5c7519db4b0bf8bde107cb96b690af4.jpg

San Cristóbal de la Habana El Príncipe TOS Jun 2016

I had a short window to complete some work this week while the early Spring afternoon's sun was out so what better a cigar for the occasion than the San Cristobal de la Habana El Principe? And a TOS Jun 2016 specimen!

This El Principe had a very mild cocoa and coffee core flavour to it but where it shone was in its molasses sweetness and quality soft pancake texture. There was no spice or strong tobacco flavours to this at all, it was just pure refinement at its best.

Easily a 90 to 95 point cigar, I'm elated to know that I still have half a box left. I can't wait until I have my next one!

• Like 4

392322259_2020-08-0112_14_30.jpg.cc050ad605d31377bb7b0fd7efe6ba15.jpg

Hoyo de Monterrey Double Coronas ROE Jul 2016

How often do we get the chance to light up a Double Corona? Not often, I'd bet, with the demands of modern life, 2 to 2-and-a-half hours to set aside and reflect on a cigar can be considered a luxury in terms of time. Yet, every time I do so I invariably find I have no regrets in regards to the cost to my time, this Hoyo de Monterrey Double Corona delivered on flavour, body and strength.

I'd like to thank @wineguy for gifting me this cigar to review. This was mild to mild-medium bodied, nuanced in flavours and easy to retrohale throughout. Unlike other popular Hoyo De Monterrey regular production cigars such as the Epicure No.1 and No.2, this had minimal light cocoa. Instead it had a core cedar, light cream and clove combination, together with some vanilla sweetness here and there and spice on the edges.

After the midway point of the cigar that cloved spice really started to dominate the flavours. It was still smoking exceptionally until the point I nubbed it well into the final third, however, I would have preferred less cloved spice and more cedar, vanilla and cream texture to the cigar. Nevertheless, this Hoyo de Monterrey Double Corona was quite a good cigar and with more age I envisage it will only get better.

If you get the chance to get a 50 cab, and you enjoy Hoyo de Monterrey as a marca, or you don't mind a Punch Double Corona (which can be similarly woody, just more so) I don't think you'd regret adding the HdM Double Corona as an acquisition to your humidor.

• Like 3

2108937376_2020-08-0214_49_56.jpg.d54d88c35f9bfaa875e0c561a44c2c1e.jpg

H. Upmann Sir Winston EOS Jul 2019

For a cigar just on 12 months old, the H.Upmann Sir Winston surely can exude class amongst its peers. This had all the hallmarks of a typical quality Sir Winston; coffee, nut, H.Upmann shortbread and cream with a cedar spine throughout.

Unlike more potent H.Upmann offerings such as the Magnum series, H. Upmann No.2 and Petit Corona, I've found the Sir Winston more approachable when young, but even more desirable with age.

What a great way to spend up to 2 hours, enjoying a churchill-sized cigar such as this one!

• Like 2

453426815_2020-08-0617_08_15.jpg.df62ce55d431af8f675e1f30f5e81ebb.jpg

Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No.2 ABO Jun 2018

The Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No.2 is a robustos-sized cigar that usually leaves me with two impressions after smoking it; one, it's bland, woody and ordinary or two, it's sweet, creamy and delicious! This HdM Epicure No.2 paradoxically left me with both impressions!

It all started with the draw. Normally I am quite tolerant when it comes to resistance in a cigar, but in general, I like it a little tight on the condition that I can get decent smoke output per puff. At the beginning of this Epi 2 I got a slightly tight draw but very little smoke output. This made the cigar taste woody, slightly bitter and emphasised what little cloved spice there was. I was almost tempted to bring out my PerfecDraw tool, which I rarely do, but thankfully I started to get some more smoke per draw and the cigar hence transformed itself.

Towards the middle of the first third I got some delicious vanilla bean, cream and light cocoa flavours which I really adored. This continued in various consistencies and quantities until the last third when the cigar started to get a little bland and woody again, even spicy.

I nubbed the cigar halfway in the middle third and reflected on the smoke. I can't recall too many instances when a cigar I've had would smoke like this whilst varying from ordinary to sublime. Yes, it was one hell of a ride!

• Like 3

1680984520_2020-08-1220_48_08.jpg.f6940a6d90c734b774cea4798f3ed8e6.jpg

Punch Short de Punch TPO Sep 2019

This Punch Short de Punch has proven to be a reliable and flavoursome cigar thus far in 2020. This one was 'serviceable', it was not as exemplary as others I've had, yet I couldn't fault it because construction was fine, the burn was great and the flavours true to the Punch marca.

I got that core Punch 'Cuban twang' and sour cream throughout but the leather and cedar was very light on this. I guess if the cigar was more balanced in terms of flavours I would have rated it more but it was still fine to enjoy nonetheless.

• Like 2

1648955533_2020-08-3015_08_10.jpg.6b0d9de7d8d6b965207a1f4e8a8665e9.jpg

Romeo y Julieta Exhibicion No.4 POU Jun 2013

In 2015, POU Jun 13 Romeo y Julieta Exhibicion No.4's were equivalent to Trinidad Esmeraldas (or Partagas Maduro Linea stock) at the present time, if you saw them on a 24:24 listing longer than half-a-minute you were very lucky indeed.

I picked up half-a-box towards the end of their peak selling cycle and I remember how fortunate I was to get them, they weren't around soon after. Fast forward a number of years and at just over seven years of age this is my last one from the box, but what a journey it's been over the years because these have been great cigars.

I've had the last three of these RyJ Exhibicion No.4's over a period of two-and-a-half years with the last one around fifteen months ago. In that time I've noted how the quality cocoa in this box became something more akin to milk chocolate and today it had developed even further into a sweet nutmeg. In addition, the RyJ rosewater and turkish delight intertwined with some coconut and cream to again offer a quality smoking experience in terms of flavour and to properly salute and farewell an exceptional box code for the RyJ Exhibicion No.4 overall.

When Romeo y Julieta cigars are ordinary they can be mere wood and nondescript toasted tobacco but when they are outstanding to exceptional, make no mistake, they are like this Romeo y Julieta Exhibicion No.4 today.

• Like 2

2096194471_2020-08-3116_33_15.jpg.bb32dd8281751df192d5916720206a7a.jpg

Por Larrañaga Montecarlos TOS Mar 2017

This TOS Mar 2017 represents my darker-wrappered Por Larranaga Montecarlos, which I smoked half the box within six months of acquiring it. The last cigar I've had from this box was in August 2018, so around two years...my how time flies! I've since been smoking my LGR Oct 2017 and LGR Ago 2018 PLMCs, as these had lighter wrappers and were more abundant in caramel from a younger age (and thus more to my liking).

It's not that this TOS Mar 2017 box has been that bad; rather, they've been more dominant in coffee and toast notes in their first 12 to 18 months of rest so I decided to give them more time to develop more of that significant caramel note that Por Larranaga is renowned for.

From the very first puff, I got a wondrous hit of sweet caramel and honey. This stayed until the middle third when the coffee and nut took over. In the last third the cigar again reverted to being toasty and slightly sour, like lemon tea. At this point I decided to leave the cigar there (around halfway through the final third) but I was satisfied with how this box has since developed in the last 24 months.

I hope to re-visit this box in the another 12 months to see how they are coming along. In the meantime, I have my other lighter-wrappered Por Larranaga Montecarlos to enjoy!

• Like 3

1893293081_2020-09-0713_29_39.jpg.ce3ea2802fb8ee04c873b79b5b5c5c95.jpg

Diplomáticos Bushido 2014 - Edición Regional Asia Pacifico TOS Oct 2015

The tapered head on this special Asia Pacifico Regional Edition tells you that this is a quality cigar. They were a big hit when they first came out in 2015, they were practically sold out by the beginning of 2016, so how are they in 2020?

Like my last Diplomaticos Bushido I enjoyed last year, this was mild and easy to smoke and retrohale. The flavours were reminiscent of light coffee and cream, aged cedar, sourdough, capsicum and paprika spice, with these last two latter flavours the main dominant ones consistent throughout the cigar.

Thus, in summary, they were flavoursome, mild and aged when first released and after five years they are a little milder and refined, yet still 'pack-a-punch' in terms of flavour. If you have these and haven't smoked them in awhile, make sure to re-visit these soon!

• Like 2

162173355_2020-09-0819_39_50.jpg.3ee727921675a81b442093cc6acaf12b.jpg

Romeo y Julieta Exhibicion No.4 ABO Ago 2018

At just on two years of age, this Romeo y Julieta Exhibicion No.4 represents the first cigar smoked from this box, coming soon after I finished my outstanding POU Jun 2013 box. I feel that this cigar, when rolled well, is an under-rated Hermosos No.4, an unsung stand-out within the Romeo y Julieta marca.

The draw was a little tight and so this took a little longer to smoke, but flavours were consistent with the RyJ marca; anise, rosewater, sour cherry, oat biscuit and toasted tobacco. The main difference with other quality Romeo y Julieta cigars I've had in the past few years such as the RyJ Churchills and Capuletos 2016 Limited Edition is that the Exhibicion No.4 doesn't tend to have strong notes of cocoa like those other aforementioned cigars.

Overall, this was quite good for the first cigar of its kind from the box. I envisage that I will have another one quite soon!

• Like 3

1577262691_2020-09-1016_36_47.jpg.e241db8b4d4fd79d37728f7070fc4217.jpg

H. Upmann Connoisseur No.1 BRE Nov 2018

The H.Upmann Connoisseur No.1 is the type of H.Upmann cigar I reach for when I want a dependable, satisfying, 'no-frills' mild cigar-smoking experience and I don't really care how the cigars in the box are developing because I enjoy them young, well-rested and aged.

In no way would I describe this as a complex cigar, yet interestingly it's the combination of flavours which come together and meld quite beautifully which I admire every time I smoke one. Cedar, espresso coffee, shortbread with some lashings of white pepper and/or vanilla sweetness sometimes.

Today's cigar had all of this and it kept me satisfied and interested until I nubbed it and could smoke no more!

• Like 2

1529655924_2020-09-1116_46_48.jpg.b720d62a7216112b18eae82d6e81cac0.jpg

Partagás Maduro No. 1 TUE May 2020

When it comes to maduro Habanos cigars I'm usually nonplussed, unless they are an original run of the Cohiba Maduro 5 series from 2007-08. The same applies to dark-wrappered cigars, I'm usually not fazed in the appeal of them. However, after smoking this first cigar from this TUE May 2020 Partagas Maduro No.1 box today, I can confidently tell you that I'm glad I challenged those preferences because this cigar was simply sensational, in more ways than one!

Firstly, the wrappers on these have greatly improved. These are more silky than what I remember maduro wrappers being on Habanos cigars in the past. Secondly, the flavours are much more delicate and better balanced. I was expecting this cigar to be all chocolate/cocoa and coffee but instead it was so much more! Thirdly, the smoke output per draw was excellent and strength and body were less intense than maduro Habanos cigars I've had in the past.

In terms of flavours, yes, the coffee and cocoa/chocolate was there but it was well-balanced with the spice and anise or sour cherry sweetness. The smoke was velvety in texture too; much like what you'd get from a quality Montecristo 1935 Leyenda or 80th Aniversario.

It's no wonder why the Partagas Maduro Linea series is so popular right now. All three offerings (the Maduro No.1 and the new Maduro No.2 and No.3) are providing quality returns in regards to satisfaction, investment and downtime (as very little rest is required to enjoy them out of the box, unlike the original run of Cohiba Maduro 5, for example, which needed significant rest to enjoy, in my opinion).

• Like 3

1794163453_2020-09-1311_31_56.jpg.0de3b8e5256ee06904162fb9600ae896.jpg

Romeo y Julieta Petit Royales RAT Ene 2020

This is my first Romeo y Julieta Petit Royales from this 15-pack Tubos box and it was quite impressive for a short cigar. Smoke output was voluminous, flavours were faithful to the Romeo y Julieta marca DNA and it smoked just fine for 30 minutes, I didn't need it to be any longer.

The chocolate and cherry was complimented by a deep toasted tobacco and at times it was a little spicy but overall I was quite pleased. Check this release out if you get a chance and you don't mind Romeo y Julieta as a brand.

• Like 3

1559502301_2020-09-1312_01_01.jpg.f1c4b4ce38719493d1b158ebf9e2d873.jpg

Trinidad Robustos Extra OUS Sep 2009

This was the last cigar sampled from a 12-count box I've rested in my OLH for a number of years and after smoking it, I still wonder why this ever deleted. Better than the recent LCDH Trinidad La Trova? In a word...yes.

This Robustos Extra had no significant dough flavours, but like my other Robusto Extras from this box it had cedar, grass or hay, leather and tea flavours aplenty and these flavours were both balanced and mild. Retrohaling was also very easy through the nose.

The question of when cigars are at the peak comes up from time-to-time on our forum. This cigar today makes that question moot as I feel that I could have left this last cigar to age for another 5 to 10 years and this would still be great.

• Like 3

448888618_2020-09-1314_23_51.jpg.d2321cf14e7bd994b63ef0525dc09ad8.jpg

La Gloria Cubana Taínos LRE Dic 2009

Today's La Gloria Cubana Tainos was the last one from this 10-count box. I enjoyed it very much, every bit as much as the first one I had from the box after resting it long-term for years and 'cracking' it open a few years ago. In between, I also enjoyed sharing some with some dear friends who had the chance to savour a Churchill-sized cigar that wasn't a Cohiba Esplendidos, H.Upmann Sir Winston, Romeo y Julieta Churchill or El Rey del Mundo Tainos Asia Pacific Regional Edition release.

This cigar, at just over ten years of age, again smoked wonderfully well. The ash-length was consistent, as were the rings (or ridges in the ash). In terms of flavour, this had a distinctive fruitcake flavour with some nut, floral notes, leather, pepper and some lemon citrus.

After two hours it was gone but I was immensely satisfied. After all, where else can you lay claim to quality fruitcake in a cigar this size?

• Like 3

216871055_2020-09-1819_39_07.jpg.c2f930c3392714476029c1109ab370a3.jpg

Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo de Rio Seco ABO Abr 2019

Normally these are great for me, and on a consistent basis, but alas not today. Today's Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo de Rio Seco was just okay. I persevered with the cigar and smoked it down because it had enough to keep me interested.

What it had was flavours of sandalwood, toasted tobacco, a hint of licorice sweetness and some ginger spice. What it lacked was a soft cocoa, cedar and marshmallow texture and more sweet ginger spice. If it had more of these latter flavours I would have been more satisfied. Oh well, there's always next time!

• Like 2

1960244433_2020-09-1821_27_49.jpg.449ac29c1e2a3cfd954161af61616dcb.jpg

Montecristo Especiales No.2 REG Nov 2018

If there's one Montecristo cigar that I turn to for outstanding dependability it would have to be the Montecristo Especiales No.2. I just can't recall the last time I had one and was left disappointed or questioning how soon I could finish the cigar to smoke something else.

For me, it always seems to be finely-balanced in delivering quintessential Montecristo flavours of cocoa, cream and milk coffee and combining them with something akin to an almond nut paste and a hint of citrus twang sometimes. This is how I would describe this Montecristo Especiales No.2 I had tonight. It also seems consistently refined and mild in body and strength, even when they are only 12, 24 or even 36 months of age.

It's no wonder so many of us seek this wonderful Montecristo cigar out and equally lament the sparsity of its longer relation; the Montecristo Especiales. For this latter cigar is about the only vitola I could think of amongst regular production Montecristo cigars that could compare with what the Montecristo Especiales No.2 regulars delivers in terms of quality and satisfaction.

• Like 2

1998976468_2020-09-1822_37_41.jpg.b215042bd54290a88367cc77182343d5.jpg

Montecristo No.1 ESL Dic 2017

If there was a poll conducted to seek out the most under-rated Montecristo cigar I wonder if the Montecristo No.1 would top it. I would think the top prize would go to the often neglected and unheralded coronas-sized Montecristo No.3, but I would hasten to add that the Lonsdale-sized Montecristo No.1 wouldn't be too far behind.

I smoked this soon after I enjoyed a superlative Montecristo Especiales No.2 and honestly I have to admit that this Montecristo No.1 wasn't too far behind in terms of quality and satisfaction. So what were the similarities and differences? Both cigars had that Montecristo renowned milk coffee and cocoa and a hint of citrus twang. This Montecristo No.1 however was more towards mild-medium in strength, it wasn't as cream-textured and it had more of a toasted tobacco and leather combined flavour to it which wasn't present in the Montecristo Especiales No.2.

It's a pity the Montecristo No.1 doesn't get more attention from cigar enthusiasts. After all, it's only 10 millimetres (or two-fifths of an inch) longer than a Cohiba Siglo III but a lot better value in terms of price in comparison.

• Like 2

208654250_2020-09-1900_11_33.jpg.7b8957e5bf7efb3fcd2cafdc8984076a.jpg

Punch Short de Punch TPO Sep 19

I wouldn't be exaggerating in stating how genuinely surprised I am at how good these Punch Short de Punch cigars are smoking right now, for me. Despite being less than a year old this box has more than delivered in regards to quality and satisfaction. Put it this way, I have an unopened box of Punch Punch from 2016 and it is my solemn hope that they turn out to smoke like this box has, when I get around to 'cracking' open that box!

It's not as if the Punch Short de Punch is overly complex because it's not. It's a simple cigar that exemplifies how honestly good Punch can be. The flavours I consistently get are a combination of sour cream, cedar, leather and a Cuban twang 'tart' citrus which is simply so pleasant to smoke.

I should move on to a plethora of other Habanos options and give this box some more time to develop but the truth is I won't. There's only 2 left from this 10-count box and I envisage I will be done with them before the end of the year. Thankfully I have another box ready to replace this one when that happens!

• Like 2

454018399_2020-09-1921_27_24.jpg.718325892fde6cf635d11fe3a6f4fab6.jpg

Romeo y Julieta Exhibicion No.4 ABO Ago 2018

This Romeo y Julieta Exhibicion No.4 represents the second cigar smoked from this box, coming soon after I finished my outstanding POU Jun 2013 box. I feel that this cigar, when rolled well, is an under-rated Hermosos No.4, an unsung stand-out within the Romeo y Julieta marca.

The draw was spot on and flavours were consistent with my previous Romeo y Julieta Exhibicion No.4 I had around a fortnight ago; anise, rosewater, some spice at the initial few puffs, oat biscuit and toasted tobacco. The main difference with other quality Romeo y Julieta cigars I've had in the past few years such as the RyJ Churchills and Capuletos 2016 Limited Edition is that the Exhibicion No.4 doesn't tend to have strong notes of cocoa like those other aforementioned cigars.

Overall, this was quite fine for what it is...a softer Romeo y Julieta option that is dependable and meant to serve within one's 'go-to' rotation set of cigars rather than stand out as a stellar selection.

• Like 2

116789275_2020-09-1923_07_23.jpg.1b07da939c451a0ae41db985f6dbe447.jpg

Partagás Maduro No. 1 TUE May 2020

I still find it hard to believe that this TUE May 2020 Partagas Maduro No.1 is less than six months old and can be so refined after smoking my second one from the box today.

With the maduro wrapper on this cigar I was still expecting it to be all chocolate/cocoa and coffee but instead it really shone in its leather and anise/sour cherry flavours, while being medium-mild in strength, at best.

As I mentioned in my previous review on the Partagas Maduro No.1, it's no wonder why the Partagas Maduro Linea series is so popular right now. All three offerings (the Maduro No.1 and the new Maduro No.2 and No.3) are providing quality returns in regards to satisfaction, investment and downtime (as very little rest is required to enjoy them out of the box, unlike the original run of Cohiba Maduro 5, for example, which needed significant rest to enjoy, in my opinion).

• Like 2

377381834_2020-09-2316_28_49.jpg.c8f21fa96a2c611ff732f0a7f3b4010b.jpg

El Rey del Mundo Choix Suprême MLU Abr 2018

Things have certainly come a long way since El Rey del Mundo was truly 'King of the World' (i.e the literal Spanish translation of the marca) of Habanos cigars prior to the Cuban Revolution in the 1960s. Nowadays, there's but two cigars left in regular production, the Choix Supreme and the Demi Tasse, but at least we are getting some reputable special Regional Edition releases of late (such as the South American Kon Tiki 1973, the UK La Reina and the Asia-Pacific Tainos).

This Choix Supreme was gifted to me by @Luca (thank you kindly!) and let me say, I greatly enjoyed it. It was mild, had definite flavours true to the marca such as lemon citrus, shortbread and floral notes and it was a great way to finish the working day. The only shortcoming it had, if I could label it that, would be the wrapper which definitely was less of the 'silky' type and more of the 'fireproof' type. It meant that I had to puff on this cigar more frequently to prevent it going out. Alas it did go out once but overall the great combination of flavours made up for that, thankfully.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1490413322_2020-09-2407_15_02.jpg.91124086fdbc8de86c127ee9019c173a.jpg

Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo du Maire TEO May 2018

It's bad enough to smoke cigars that are under-filled, it's worse when they are under-filled and of the smaller variety. This Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo du Maire lasted me around 20 to 25 minutes and thankfully not a minute longer!

Apart, from struggling to stay alight, it burnt unevenly, was bitter at times and frankly not enjoyable. Sure there were moments of nice cocoa, vanilla and spice but these were too few. Good riddance I say and I look forward with pleasure to smoking something much more palatable from my collection soon (to help me forget about this)!

• Like 4