When in Cuba, what is the best bang.....for buck...cigar bang

I was asked this earlier today but I am probably not the best person to answer as it has been some time since I have been there. 

Can I rely on your group experience? there are no right or wrong answers. ;)

When in Cuba, what is currently the the best bang for buck in the following:

1. Box of cigars

2. Custom cigar

Lt's say If I were to give you 600 CUC/USD to spend and you had to buy at least one box + customs....how would you split it?

Lol nice catch Fuzz

For me

1) Trini Fundadores, no explanation needed.Class cigar at island price
2) much harder decision - with the left over moola I'd probably want to visit Alex, Juanita, La China (if you're lucky to get anything from her now) and Club Havana for Monsdale for 5ers or what ever could scrounge for the left over change!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Personal preference obviously and since we're talking about bang for the buck, it might bring out some interesting answers. 

1. PLPC, HDM Epi 2, QDO 54 - I love all these and usually are priced significantly higher anywhere other than Havana IMO. If you want to spend the money for them and can find, Fundadores or Connie A. 

2. Monsdales at Club Havana or anything from Reynaldo at Conde Villanueva. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SigmundChurchill said:

Best bang for the buck?

Assuming you can find them?  Behike.  $1000 - $300 = $700 in savings.

Then I would buy some Alex customs with the change.

Very true here.  If you can find them and they're real. 

5 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Not sure about these...PLPC is only about 10% lower than worldwide price. I've seen pricing even closer from time to time. Hoyo Epi 1/2 is actually the same as world price. Connie A, yes that's better at about 15% lower than WP. Connie B may be a little better than that. And yes, QdO 50/54 are good bargains at  ~65% of WP. 

However the ultimate bargains are Trini Fundy, La Trova, HU Noellas and RA Superiores. The Noellas and RAS are well under 50% of WP. Fundys and La Trova are about a 45% discount. 

Other great values are VR Famosos (~30% less), HUSW (~35% less), Party Salomones (~50%), most LCDH releases, ELs, Reservas/Gran Reservas and BHK. 

Would LOVE to know where you find HUSW at 35%.  It is closer to 70%.

1)  Sir Winston/Punch DC/La Trova.  3 way tie.  Punch DC is always there when I go.  So a great grab as they are hard to find elsewhere. Saw a 2018 cab there in November.

2) Alex Puntilla or Churchill

Math:  Sir Winston + La Trova + Puntilla = 594.75.  Not bad!

• Like 1

I liked Reynaldo's lanceros. 5 year aged leaf. He is famed for his large ring gauge cigars but I found they needed to be dry boxed so when in Havana I smoked mostly his lanceros. Coming from Australia where we have so many taxes, I couldn't believe how cheap they were for such a high quality product.

• Like 1

Last time down Fundies, CCE. Hector, Alex and Reynaldo. 

A little over budget. 

Talking readily available makes more sense. Beat of luck on the Zebra’s at island price. Last trip I came back with plenty enough but that isn’t happening for a lot of people.

RA Superiores, QDO 50, Bolívar Libertador, Siglo II are readily available and a great deal without searching the whole island. That being said; we spread that money around at each venue and buy at HN, 5ta and Libre only by necessity.

Alex: preorder Double Lancero (where else you getting that kind of wow factor) Piramides or Dalia because his rolls are great and he’s an inspiration as a person. 

Always throw some money down to the other customs at Hotel Palco, Club Havana and Conde.

So on the best readily available for members value plan: 20 RAS, 10 Libertador, 20 Qdo 50, 3 Siglo II tubos, an HUHC 5 tin, 25 Alex Dalias and the remainder on customs at Palco and Conde.