RhShield beads on coolidor

Puro_Lover83

I’m in the process of ordering a cabinet, so in the meantime, I’m storing excess boxes in a Remington coolidor. Because there is obviously no temp control and my house is around 75F, I decided to order 60% RHshield beads to compensate.

I got one pound and added some distilled water. It’s been a couple of days and the rh has not gone below 67-69% - not ideal...

My question is: how long should it take to stabilize down to around 60%?  Most of them are white, and not clear. Any suggestions from more experienced folks?

Seems like 2 days should be enough but perhaps I’m being impatient. Thanks in advance!

What is the ambient humidity and is the cooler airtight? Make sure all the beads are dry, put them back in, and wait a week. I personally wouldn't have added the distilled water in the beginning.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Fuzz said:

What is the ambient humidity and is the cooler airtight? Make sure all the beads are dry, put them back in, and wait a week. I personally wouldn't have added the distilled water in the beginning.

Thanks. The ambient humidity is usually around 55-65 (Florida), and the cooler is definitely airtight; it has a pretty solid gasket. I’ll dry out all the beads and give that a try ?